Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 02/04/2020 at 17:17, veloman said:

There is a fortune awaiting the first person who learns how to transplant the hairs , that grow in profusion, from you ears as you grow older onto the top of your head where the reverse in happening. Thought For The Day !

Only if you're looking for the Art Garfunkel look.  Which; granted; is a killer look.

Got some holiday booked after Wednesday, so excited. Can't make my mind up where to go.

The kitchen and the bedroom look favourite.

49 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Got some holiday booked after Wednesday, so excited. Can't make my mind up where to go.

The kitchen and the bedroom look favourite.

Having Easter in the living room. Cant wait. 

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I posted a while ago that I suspected Tony Daley lived in my apartment block.

Saw him again the other day but bottled saying anything. But one of his recent instagram posts confirmed it. In fact my car could be seen in it as he was doing an indoor workout from the garage in our apartments :D 

I'll definitely say something next time :) 

I met Tony Daley last month when I did the Villa Park guided tour. He seems a very genuinely nice fella. Very softly spoken but was happy to give everyone a bit of his time.

Have you planned what your opening line will be? It's hard not to appear like an excited school child :wave:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

It's hard not to appear like an excited school child

Always happens, my worst one was meeting Sid. Imagine your worst one and the add a slight Swedish language barrier. **** me :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Always happens, my worst one was meeting Sid. Imagine your worst one and the add a slight Swedish language barrier. **** me :(

He's a Geordie who's lived in Birmingham for years. You probably speak better English than him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think meeting "famous people" is something you just get used to, they tend to appreciate not being treated as famous in the main, they react better to normality rather than startstruck. Some obviously don't, some are just Grade A words removed, aren't they Peter Kay?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I met Tony Daley last month when I did the Villa Park guided tour. He seems a very genuinely nice fella. Very softly spoken but was happy to give everyone a bit of his time.

Have you planned what your opening line will be? It's hard not to appear like an excited school child :wave:

I have one of Tony Daley’s old training tops from the Umbro days.

My ex-wife’s uncle was one of the assistant coaches to Graham Taylor and gave it to me shortly before we broke up, which was just great timing :) 

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

I actually met Graham Taylor at a wedding some 15 years ago or so, never been so giddy!

We had a chat but I can’t remember what about, I recall asking him about Lee Hendrie though and he said ‘he lies so much he doesn’t even know when he’s doing it any more’.

I then went on to pitch Newport County as an investment proposal to another ex player who went on to become a Director at Man City, can’t remember his bloody name though! Think he used to play for Arsenal as a defender (edit - Brian Marwood)

Suffice to say, pissed out of my face my pitch fell on deaf ears haha

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Whilst working at Man Utd I had a piss next to GT after tailing him for about 2 minutes all the way to bog (not deliberately we were just both going at the same time).

Just as we'd both pulled our todgers out and began proceedings he turned to me and said "are you following me lad".

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I must have mentioned this plenty of times, I was Bert Weedon’s dealer for one long summer back in the day. He just couldn’t have been a nicer more grounded guy.

What were you scoring for him, Sanatogen? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What were you scoring for him, Sanatogen? 

Custard creams. Absolutely rocket fuel pure. Double the recommended dose.

He didn’t like the other random biscuits so every day I made sure he got two mini packs of custard creams.

Summer season, Butlins. I imagined it would lead to bigger things, party invites, Studio 54, connections, little black books, light aircraft flying low bringing in packs of the stuff direct from Burtons . But it just never quite happened. Feds were all over us. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I think he’s working out in our garage every day. I might genuinely go down and see if he wants some company!

Hard to do it while maintaining social distancing though 

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he’s working out in our garage every day. I might genuinely go down and see if he wants some company!

Hard to do it while maintaining social distancing though 

Please wear socks for Tony's sake :mrgreen:

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I posted a while ago that I suspected Tony Daley lived in my apartment block.

Saw him again the other day but bottled saying anything. But one of his recent instagram posts confirmed it. In fact my car could be seen in it as he was doing an indoor workout from the garage in our apartments :D 

I'll definitely say something next time :) 

My old man was his milkman for a number of years, and my sister did the flowers for his wedding.

So there's a couple of random opening gambits you can throw at him 😂

• Like 1

Â