Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Finding out that the annoying dripping noise in the bathroom was coming from the apartment upstairs. 

I’d resigned myself to having to rip out the bathroom and put a new one in as the sound was coming from behind the tiled stud wall so now the £100 call out fee from the plumber seems like a huge win by comparison. 

I think I'd go postal if I could hear a drip from someone else's property.

In my first house, the walls were so thin I could hear next door flipping light switches. I'd be in bed absolutely seething, absolutely certain they were turning the lights on and off just to **** with me. :lol:

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think I'd go postal if I could hear a drip from someone else's property.

I might have too but compared to having to gut my bathroom and reinstall it, it was a very positive outcome. I was convinced it was the plumbing into the shower that was the issue so it's a huge relief to find out it's not my problem.

I'm very lucky with my apartment in that I have nobody to the sides, just the old dear above who is as quiet as a mouse and deaf as a post so she never hears any noise I might make.

• 3 weeks later...

Welsh flag flown on St Patrick's Day by Sheffield City Council

_106067354_flag.jpg

Sheffield City Council has been forced to apologise after it mistakenly flew a Welsh flag on St Patrick's Day.

The red dragon emblem was spotted fluttering above Sheffield Town Hall on Sunday instead of Ireland's green, white and orange tricolour.

A council spokesperson said "basic error" was to blame and apologised for any offence called.

The authority said it would be raising the issue with staff and the company responsible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-47612876

Who knew SCC outsourced their flag raising?

Edited by VILLAMARV
link

They're too busy arresting pensioners for protesting all the trees being cut down to have time to select and raise their own flags. Can be done far cheaper by outsourcing flag raising.

Sheffield Council does appear to be a bit of a rogue state from what I see of it from time to time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

on a smaller scale than national radio , mate of mine is in a band and they were doing a live session on Radio Leicester  ... I emailed in to the show  to say

"my girlfriend is a huge fan of the band and always sings along to their music it whenever she hears it , she'd be thrilled if you could give her a shout  , so could you say Hello to Carrie Oaky "

the Presenter read it out live on air obviously not having read it out in his head before hand  ..he was actually quite pissed off when he realised what he'd fallen for  :)

Perfect time for the Mike Hunt or Wayne Kerr trap!

My Mom was a receptionist for a plastics firm in Walsall a number of years back. She used to put calls out on the PA when someone from the factory floor was needed in reception. She fell for the Mike Hunt call once. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Perfect time for the Mike Hunt or Wayne Kerr trap!

I did try Mike Clitoris  on the local radio my mate was volunteering at but he rumbled it and managed to make it sound nothing like how it should have ( like Northerners do with just about every word :) ) 

Edited by tonyh29

My wife is on a Facebook support group for people with rheumatoid arthritis, and reading it this morning she suddenly guffawed loudly and handed me the phone to read the posting. She wouldn't let me screenshot it, so I'll paraphrase: 

Woman: Does anybody else find that arthritis is ruining their sex life? I'm bi and have had scenes with both men and women (...further accounts of her experiences and medical woes)

Bloke: Got any pictures? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saving snow leopards in Russia

In Sailugemsky National Park, the snow leopard population has found an unlikely ally - ex-poachers. Their knowledge of the animal's movements and trap-setting was once used for hunting, but has now been reclaimed to monitor snow leopard populations thanks to a World Wildlife Fund project which began in 2015. Camera traps are used to monitor the snow leopard, which have seen a rise in population.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/47698317/the-ex-poachers-saving-big-cats-in-russia

I love Snow Leopards me.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My wife is on a Facebook support group for people with rheumatoid arthritis, and reading it this morning she suddenly guffawed loudly and handed me the phone to read the posting. She wouldn't let me screenshot it, so I'll paraphrase: 

Woman: Does anybody else find that arthritis is ruining their sex life? I'm bi and have had scenes with both men and women (...further accounts of her experiences and medical woes)

Bloke: Got any pictures? 

There's a joke about stiffness waiting to be delivered here.

Watching MasterChef tonight, the finalists did the usual go abroad to learn another cuisine in a high end restaurant and then at the end cook for some influential locals. They were in Hong Kong. One of those locals at the end was the owner of what I assume is a high end restaurant. The name of the restaurant? Ho Lee Fook.

It's an obvious gag, the name is obviously a gag, but I appreciate a guy from Hong Kong starting a restaurant and thinking '**** it, it's my restaurant and I'm calling it Ho Lee Fook. Maybe some foreigners will turn up for a giggle'.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Watching MasterChef tonight, the finalists did the usual go abroad to learn another cuisine in a high end restaurant and then at the end cook for some influential locals. They were in Hong Kong. One of those locals at the end was the owner of what I assume is a high end restaurant. The name of the restaurant? Ho Lee Fook.

It's an obvious gag, the name is obviously a gag, but I appreciate a guy from Hong Kong starting a restaurant and thinking '**** it, it's my restaurant and I'm calling it Ho Lee Fook. Maybe some foreigners will turn up for a giggle'.

I recently went to a restaurant in Barcelona that was fairly high end. Tasting menu stuff. Not outrageously priced but I’d call it “fine dining” or at least in that neighbourhood. 

It’s called “My **** Restaurant”

Edit: doesn’t really work with the swear filter. The word is F-ing

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â