Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

Watching MasterChef tonight, the finalists did the usual go abroad to learn another cuisine in a high end restaurant and then at the end cook for some influential locals. They were in Hong Kong. One of those locals at the end was the owner of what I assume is a high end restaurant. The name of the restaurant? Ho Lee Fook.

It's an obvious gag, the name is obviously a gag, but I appreciate a guy from Hong Kong starting a restaurant and thinking '**** it, it's my restaurant and I'm calling it Ho Lee Fook. Maybe some foreigners will turn up for a giggle'.

• Haha 1

Lad I’ve watched on YouTube for a few years has just been interviewed on the national news for sending a big mac close to space then eating it after it landed. Bizarre but funny for me. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm a sap for The Dodo videos :D  Definitely the right thread.

Same. I watch them when I’m sad even though I know they’re gonna make me sadder 😂

Jumped in the car tonight after going to the chippy thinking about getting home nice and quick while they were still warm, when a Deliveroo cyclist rides past singing. Opera. Tenor I guess. He was very loud and pretty bloody good too and as he turned onto Albany Road and disappeared past the traffic lights you could still hear him going. Put a big grin on my chops.

• Like 3

Has anyone seen the latest Fosters lager advert ? Family playing beach cricket , ball goes into hut where two Aussies are talking; one rubs it with sandpaper and chucks it back. Perhaps I have a puerile sense of humour but I thought that was excellent !

• Like 1

On 13/04/2019 at 20:48, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wish it was true in a way, but I refuse to believe it. Seems so unlikely. Unfortunately if it's staged it's **** awful. 

If it was staged, the dogs would be afraid of the people who put them in that predicament.  I'm as cynical as the next man, but I don't think this is that much of an unbelievable scenario.  I choose to believe it.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

If it was staged, the dogs would be afraid of the people who put them in that predicament.  I'm as cynical as the next man, but I don't think this is that much of an unbelievable scenario.  I choose to believe it.

Only watched it once but didn't the drowning dog actually run away? 

Â