Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I used to hit practice golf balls from the top of our garden as a kid, about 60-80 feet from the house.

One day, I hit a sweet shot and it went straight through my sisters bedroom open window, so I went upstairs to go and find the ball. For some reason my sister used to keep an empty champagne bottle on her window cill. The ball had rolled down the curtain and landed perfectly on the top of the bottle.

• Like 3

Garfield Minus Garfield

Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb.

fSymsOGXO5e172npaV6L70kI_500.gif

fSymsOGXO5e1b21eU04grdbj_500.jpg

fSymsOGXO5e1dqyzp7AG9Fiq_500.jpg

Tweeted. Absolutely wonderful.

This is sublime. Ordered the book from Amazon for a present.

I'm moving house, and called up DirecTV to see what deals they could give me to continue my service at the new place.

In exchange for a new 2 year commitment, they gave me

* 3 months of HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, and Sports Pack

* a free season of NFL Sunday Ticket

* a free Genie whole-home DVR system with installation

(It also connects to the internet for on demand content and, when my phone is on the same wifi network as the Genie, it will stream every channel it gets to the phone)

((From what I understand, Virgin and Sky want to be able to roll out whole-home DVR service, but can't under current UK law...))

Only disappointment is that I didn't get the Genie chick... :(

When your sat nav says you will arrive at your destination at 11:42 and you arrive at 11:41

It's the small victory's that matter :)

The only way this is possibly is if you broke the law and I didn't think tories did that? ;)

Â