Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You can imagine my delight when I opened the small, extra shed that was in the garden of the new house... only to find it contained just one item.

Cushions

Previous owner must have been a righteous dude. 

Edited by sidcow

46 minutes ago, choffer said:

Finding old episodes of Sledge Hammer on YouTube. 

Wow.  Just found out that Anne-Marie Martin was in an episode of The Young Ones. No idea how that happened. 

On 29/04/2023 at 22:38, Genie said:

The amazing thing about non-league football is being able to watch the game from the terraces with a beer in hand.

Or pretty much any other league in any other country in the world 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

He must have taken the other 5 sheds with him

He only had the one shed.   He told some friends he was thinking of adding another 4 sheds, and suddenly they were calling him Arthur "5 sheds" Jackson.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You can imagine my delight when I opened the small, extra shed that was in the garden of the new house... only to find it contained just one item.

Cushions

Better than socks I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve mentioned my mate’s lads band, Powder Chutes in New Zealand before and they’ve just released a new single and their first proper video.

in the last year they’ve played alongside the likes of ZZ Top and Stone Temple Pilots and things are going well for them in NZ. 

bearing in mind the eldest member is 18 I think it’s pretty decent and really chuffed for them. 

If you like grunge/90s rock, give them a listen and a like (it’s on most streaming platforms and available to buy 😉)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

my local team Chertsey Town won the FA vase a few years back and put the winnings to good use by having an outside bar built for rainy days  , complete with a ledge so you can stand on it and look out onto the pitch .. the piece de la resistance being that they fitted pint glass holders into the walls so you can safely put your beer down without having to worry about it being knocked over 

club house isn't too shabby either  ... I guess they could have put the money to use on improving the squad , but tbh promotion means having to play down in Devon and Dorset nearly every week and financially it would probably cripple the club  , instead its mainly Surrey and Middlesex based teams .. though randomly we also have Guernsey in our league  , I went to the away game there earlier in the season , their mascot gets pissed every game and starts doing daft things .. he set up a load of hurdles on the running track and tried to clear them whilst dressed as giant lion .. needless to say he face palmed into the ground at the first hurdle :) 

Speaking of which, where is Hercules these days? Only Bela seems to be about lately. 

Missus got my repaired desktop PC up and running for me while I was at work yesterday, and put a superb monitor background pic on it.

Of Christina Hendricks.

spacer.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

my local team Chertsey Town won the FA vase a few years back and put the winnings to good use by having an outside bar built for rainy days  , complete with a ledge so you can stand on it and look out onto the pitch .. the piece de la resistance being that they fitted pint glass holders into the walls so you can safely put your beer down without having to worry about it being knocked over 

club house isn't too shabby either  ... I guess they could have put the money to use on improving the squad , but tbh promotion means having to play down in Devon and Dorset nearly every week and financially it would probably cripple the club  , instead its mainly Surrey and Middlesex based teams .. though randomly we also have Guernsey in our league  , I went to the away game there earlier in the season , their mascot gets pissed every game and starts doing daft things .. he set up a load of hurdles on the running track and tried to clear them whilst dressed as giant lion .. needless to say he face palmed into the ground at the first hurdle :) 

**** Guernsey, as the tradition is to play local derbies on Boxing Day they had to play whichever team is closest to Gatwick airport, when Horsham were in the same league it used to be us which of course made it nigh on impossible to get a team together to fly over.  Had to field some of the Under 16s.  They would refuse to change the day of the game as well the cheating bastards.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Cue three months of torrential rain. 

Yep, it's already started here in the Shires

Â