Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

For the last week and a half, I have been in the process of moving house. Moved from a detached house 12 miles north of Liverpool to a 2 bed duplex 4 miles south of the city centre. Apart from one day with a van, I've done it all by car. Last night we managed to get the new living room (very big) to resemble its intended purpose and not a store room. All the furniture is successfully rebuilt. The missus has buggered off to London for a long weekend with the daughter to help her prepare for a big job interview, I've been to the supermarket to get me some supplies (lots of meat, bread products and snacks), I have a car full of the last of our belongings to move (yep that'll be like that  until the morning)

I am home alone and it's f***ing great. Playing some dub, Sky news on silent, beer opened in front of me, lying on the sofa without a care in the world right now. No competing interests for entertainment, eat what I want when I want (yep its deffo an off diet weekend). I have lots of moving in chores to do over the weekend but tonight I'm doing sod all for the first time in ages and I'm going to enjoy the moment

spacer.png

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Rob has gone full hipster. 

He'll be heading to Dalston on a penny farthing by sundown. 

After another couple of these I won't be riding anything, including the wife 🤪

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

For the last week and a half, I have been in the process of moving house. Moved from a detached house 12 miles north of Liverpool to a 2 bed duplex 4 miles south of the city centre. Apart from one day with a van, I've done it all by car. Last night we managed to get the new living room (very big) to resemble its intended purpose and not a store room. All the furniture is successfully rebuilt. The missus has buggered off to London for a long weekend with the daughter to help her prepare for a big job interview, I've been to the supermarket to get me some supplies (lots of meat, bread products and snacks), I have a car full of the last of our belongings to move (yep that'll be like that  until the morning)

I am home alone and it's f***ing great. Playing some dub, Sky news on silent, beer opened in front of me, lying on the sofa without a care in the world right now. No competing interests for entertainment, eat what I want when I want (yep it’s deffo an off diet weekend). I have lots of moving in chores to do over the weekend but tonight I'm doing sod all for the first time in ages and I'm going to enjoy the moment

I don’t live there, I only visit so mileage may vary but me and my wife want to move to where you used to live so it’s odd for me at least that you would move away from there. 

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I don’t live there, I only visit so mileage may vary but me and my wife want to move to where you used to live so it’s odd for me at least that you would move away from there. 

kind of enforced as Landlord was moving into the house because his house purchase fell through. Rental Market is nuts, couldn't find anything North of the city remotely suitable

There are pros and cons tbh. Going out for a night has just become much cheaper to get home, I also have two decent restaurants on my doorstep and loads more little over a mile away, the river is just down the road, I can get a bus or a train into town with little effort but I'll miss the peace and quiet and the view out of the window but I'm also saving money on what I was paying 

Having said that I wouldnt have moved unless I had to

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Rob has gone full hipster. 

He'll be heading to Dalston on a penny farthing by sundown. 

And hopefully ploughed down by a chav from Nechells🤞

Yes I know this is politically incorrect. Come at me bro! 

Curling is something I find fascinating every 4 years at the Olympics, but this shot deserves an extra view.

Searching curling on twitter had a MAJOR drawback though 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaajax said:

The sun is out and I spent about an hour and a half browsing a record shop.

Found a copy of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly soundtrack ✊

Someone has released a compilation album based on a Villatalk Thread? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can absolutely appreciate the level of skill curling takes, but it's the most ludicrous looking sport in the world. I'm fully on board with the principles of the game until you bring brooms into it.

• Like 1

Just got three albums on vinyl I only previously had on CD. 

Alice In Chains, System of a Down and Offspring. Good days shopping

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Someone has released a compilation album based on a Villatalk Thread? 

It's Limpid reading the highlights with a beat backing track. Like the Tony Benn speeches on Spotify.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tegis said:

Curling is something I find fascinating every 4 years at the Olympics, but this shot deserves an extra view.

Searching curling on twitter had a MAJOR drawback though 😬

I love that he goes for a bit of a slide, turns a handle and desperately needs a drink of water after his efforts

1 hour ago, villaajax said:

It's Limpid reading the highlights with a beat backing track. Like the Tony Benn speeches on Spotify.

Yeah, even as I typed it jokingly I actually thought someone probably could have released a Villatalk album and my money would be on @bickster😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, even as I typed it jokingly I actually thought someone probably could have released a Villatalk album and my money would be on @bickster😂

The Bob Dylan forum that I subscribe to has just produced a download 'album' of Dylan covers by forum contributors (no, I didn't do one). Some of them are pretty good. But some are... not.  😐

• Like 2

Â