Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well I'm just blown away by the payrise I've just been offered... 15.2%

Maybe just get it double checked,  could be 1.52 %. 

From your previous posts I have ascertained that some of your colleagues are not the brightest stars in the Galaxy so to speak. 😀

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Maybe just get it double checked,  could be 1.52 %. 

From your previous posts I have ascertained that some of your colleagues are not the brightest stars in the Galaxy so to speak. 😀

Those colleagues won't be getting this :mrgreen:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm sure there will be strings attached but that's a serious rise and others are not getting rises. Absolutely stunned

Unless it’s levelling you up so you’re on the same as they’ve been on for years :D 

• Haha 2

Are you taking on some extra responsibility for the raise?

Congrats though, that's great news, good to know they value you; your workplace anecdotes on here make me think you'd be such a pain in the arse I'd be trying to manage you out ;)

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

True, that guy who caught the ball in the 100 got a much bigger round of applause for then catching his phone that fell out of his pocket then one necking a pint of beer than he ever did for catching the ball. 

he spilt more than he drunk , had I been there I'd have been throwing things at him rather than cheering him   ,

tbf though he'd probably have caught them all 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Well I'm just blown away by the payrise I've just been offered... 15.2%

That's you joining the ranks of people voting Tory and grumbling about your tax funding layabouts and scroungers  :P 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Are you taking on some extra responsibility for the raise?

Congrats though, that's great news, good to know they value you; your workplace anecdotes on here make me think you'd be such a pain in the arse I'd be trying to manage you out ;)

Honest answer is I don't know, I'll be having a meeting next week. There's a number of scenarios I can envisage, which probably none of them happen will and another curveball will be thrown into the mix

Truth be known since the first lockdown I've taken on a heap of extra responsibility already.

I am a pain in the arse, it's why I'm good at my job, I think it's why I got the job in the first place.

I'd be trying to manage you out

You'd lose the will to live :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â