Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have said all thread what a potentially excellent player Ciaran Clark can become. Today & last week against Newcastle he has justified that faith. I said all along that what he needs is to bring an edge to his game, increase his concentration levels & cut out the silly mistakes. Today he was outstanding & the penalty awarded against him was a scandalous decision & does not blot his copy book in anyway shape or form.

No question he can develop his game further & grow into a really solid, versatile & cultured defender and/or midfielder when the occasion demands. Now hopefully everyone can see why his contract was extended in the Summer.

• Like 3

I think it is about concentration with him.  He has the physical tools.  He just needs to avoid the silly mistakes.

And before someone jumps on his two hands calls, those were some of the harshest I can remember.  Seemed like they wanted him not to have arms.

I think it is about concentration with him.  He has the physical tools.  He just needs to avoid the silly mistakes.

And before someone jumps on his two hands calls, those were some of the harshest I can remember.  Seemed like they wanted him not to have arms.

Which physical tools are these that you speak of?

As far as PL players go he is pretty slow and weak. Hasn't got a great jump on him either so will often struggle aerially too imo.

Credit to him he bounced back pretty well from giving away an early penalty. 

I'd be lying though if I didn't say how much it bothers me how much he struggles to win an aerial battle. We have Baker on the bench who can win the vast majority of his aerial battles and if we're playing a side with a physical striker or strikers it has to be Baker in there for me. 

Have said all thread what a potentially excellent player Ciaran Clark can become. Today & last week against Newcastle he has justified that faith. I said all along that what he needs is to bring an edge to his game, increase his concentration levels & cut out the silly mistakes. Today he was outstanding & the penalty awarded against him was a scandalous decision & does not blot his copy book in anyway shape or form.

No question he can develop his game further & grow into a really solid, versatile & cultured defender and/or midfielder when the occasion demands. Now hopefully everyone can see why his contract was extended in the Summer.

Hey! I've been saying that as well! And Con! Viva La Revultion!

1132259166_esfist-one.jpg

Clark's shown a willingness to learn and that sort of attitude is exactly what we want from him and the other youngsters. He lost his place in the team, took it on the chin, waited for his next opportunity and is now working hard to cement himself there. 

Done well and , just like young players tend to do, has improved on last season. Maybe lambert saw this about him over the summer who knows.

My only concern is he tends to have a touch of the unlucky about him, with things going against him sometimes a la the handball yesterday.

I think Villa Revolution is right when he says that Clark needs to bring an edge to his game. When he looks calm and cosy he seems to make silly mistakes. I think he looks a better defender when he has a meaner, more pissed off, look about him, like yesterday.

I like Clark and always hoped we'd develop our own future leader in him. Last season was a disaster for him but that's in the past now. If he can continue to play as he did yesterday he will be a great player for this club.

Hey! I've been saying that as well! And Con! Viva La Revultion!

1132259166_esfist-one.jpg

A lot have been saying it, just because we criticise a player, it doesn't mean we hate them or think they are forever going to be rubbish. It is because we believe they can do better. People must stop confusing things.

Â