Eric Lichaj

Rob182

While he is steady enough and a good player to have in the squad, I don't think he's the left sided player to take us forward. Also I don't think either Bennett or Stevens have played enough to say who is the better and whether they are the man for the job, especially as we are more solid now and its not really because neither of them are playing.

Like Bannan, he takes way too much stick. Yes, he has his weaknesses, but he gives it his all, and is improving every game. He's a defensive full-back rather than an attacking wingback, but even so he I think he has a couple of goal assists this season.

Such a limited player, but useful to have in the squad. Not too bad defensively but going forward he is pretty poor. I don't think you can upset the balance of the team at the moment through dropping him and I am sure Lambert will stick with him today.

Out of contract at the end of the season

will be interesting to see if we offer a new contract in January....I like Lichaj, although he's not the best full back within the squad I think his work rate and determination are admirable. Also think he's well liked within the squad and good for morale.

It would be a shame to lose him for nothing come the Summer. Give him an extra 2yr contract.

I'd keep him in the squad because he is good cover, but I think he's lacking in football ability. He's clearly been told to keep it very simple, which when he does makes he an effective defender. He does seem to give the ball away in some very basic positions.

I think Lambert's style relies a lot on full backs bombing forward and contributing to the attack, especially when the midfield plays narrow. I think we'll see Lichaj replaced with someone more comfortable in possession. He's handy cover but I think he would have been given a new contract by now if we wanted to keep him beyond this season.

Yep. Jurgen Klinsmann knows nothing of this football.

Just because players don't get into their international side doesn't mean that they are no good.. For years gareth Barry couldn't get into the England side even though he was playing brilliantly..

i felt a bit sorry for him today, i believe is his naturally a right back so it is not ideal for him out on the left. he was up against moses who is in good form and a tricky player, and then he was often doubled up on by the chelsea right back as well, whilst having little cover from his teamates. a tough game for him

Â