Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

There's a massive RT going round on Twitter that Moyes has told Everton he wants to join Villa.

Do you have a link??

Search Twitter for #DavidMoyes

(can't get to twitter from work, sorry. Saw it on the phone.)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People grumbling at KM for his selections for the Rapid games because of a lack of experience, etc. should look at the corresponding fixture last season, and our game in Moscow the previous season under the tutelage of an 'experienced tactical genius.'

And those 'grumbling' probably 'grumbled' about it then, too.

Games are won and lost by the players: he could not have foreseen Petrov missing a penalty like that, or a mistake by Beye, etc. That's down to the players performing on the pitch at a given moment in time, not tactical naivety.

No you are right. Because Petrov is know for his excellent striking of a ball towards goal, and Beye has never made mistakes in his games for Villa....

Games are won and lost by the players: he could not have foreseen Petrov missing a penalty like that, or a mistake by Beye, etc. That's down to the players performing on the pitch at a given moment in time, not tactical naivety.

I managed to foresee Heskey **** up a golden opportunity when he was closing in on the penalty rebound. I think the whole of VP saw that coming.

re- Beye, MacDonald probably thought "this right back who is absolutely shite AT right back and who is no better at centre back, might be brilliant at left back. His positioning which is so bad at right back might be perfect at left back where he won't go missing at all". Yes, no-one could have possibly foreseen that Beye would even out-do his own high standards at left back where he was even worse than usual, directly cost us 2 goals and almost single-handedly sent us out of Europe.

i really dont get why anyone is saying anything negative about kmac.

ok, if you think the club are dragging their feet over the appointment or whatever then fair enough - criticse them, but macdonald is pure villa. he is doing his best and a lot of the current players are saying he should get the job as are a lot of past players (dion dublins turn today on the radio).

he will inevitably make mistakes but any manager does. if wenger drops a b0ll0ck with his selection then no-one will say its because he doesnt have the required experience to manage a team. mon made a whole lot more glaring errors of judgement than you would expect of a seasoned manager and yet kept the majority of supporters behind him so i really dont understand the mentality of people saying that appointing kmac will be a disaster.

Actually Talksport had an agent on this morning, he was full of praise for Randy and said the man is a great businessman, and he will not be rushed into any decision and he will get the right man in, he doesn't fall for all the hysteria surrounding manager movement in the press, for him he uses the same approach as he has done in the US, it'll be done quietly and he wil get the right man in.

ok, if you think the club are dragging their feet over the appointment or whatever then fair enough - criticse them, but macdonald is pure villa. he is doing his best and a lot of the current players are saying he should get the job as are a lot of past players (dion dublins turn today on the radio).

he will inevitably make mistakes but any manager does. if wenger drops a b0ll0ck with his selection then no-one will say its because he doesnt have the required experience to manage a team. mon made a whole lot more glaring errors of judgement than you would expect of a seasoned manager and yet kept the majority of supporters behind him so i really dont understand the mentality of people saying that appointing kmac will be a disaster.

Im glad some on here talk some blooming sense!!

Im with you. If its macca then im %100 behind him. It will proberly take him 10 or more games to get into it properly, and WILL make mistakes, but i wont be hanging him.

If it goes pear shaped, then i will be asking Randy why it has, and not the only genuine guy left at Villa.

If it is Macca, then can we expect some new coaching appointments?

Don't confuse concerns over his ability to do the job full time with personal attacks. I like the guy and I've no doubt he is 100% committed and would give it everything he's got. I'm just concerned that he wouldn't be up to it. That's all. The health and well-being of AVFC is always the most important thing. Not whether we hurt someone's feelings in the process of wanting the right man for the job.

Equally Phil McNulty has said in pretty clear terms it won't happen.

BBC journos aren't normally too bold with sticking their neck out on this kind of thing in case their credibility takes a knock.

Edit: RE: Moyes, this thread moves too quick for a lurker like me!

re- Beye, MacDonald probably thought "this right back who is absolutely shite AT right back and who is no better at centre back, might be brilliant at left back. His positioning which is so bad at right back might be perfect at left back where he won't go missing at all". Yes, no-one could have possibly foreseen that Beye would even out-do his own high standards at left back where he was even worse than usual, directly cost us 2 goals and almost single-handedly sent us out of Europe.

Who would you have played?

I guess one of the reasons people would be dissappointed with Kev Mac is that he could have been appointted a couple of weeks ago. The players then would have known were they stood, which if the captains comments are anything to go by would have been beneficial. Also Kevin obviously has his own ideas on where the squad needs strengthening and he could posibly have made one or two additions.

The fact Kevin has taken 3 weeks to throw his hat into the ring obviously may not have hepled if he is indeed the clubs choice of manager has how can you appoint someone if they are not even sure they want the job.

I doubt very much Kevin will be the first choice of the board but due to availability of other managers he may very well be the man they choose.

It may surprise you but we have an expensive left back called Stephen Warnock who was rested after 180 minutes of football

He did his best.

I'd have played our left back, cuz I'm crayyyyyyzeh ! Who would you have played, or did you agree with using our 3rd choice right back?

I guess one of the reasons people would be dissappointed with Kev Mac is that he could have been appointted a couple of weeks ago. The players then would have known were they stood, which if the captains comments are anything to go by would have been beneficial. Also Kevin obviously has his own ideas on where the squad needs strengthening and he could posibly have made one or two additions.

The fact Kevin has taken 3 weeks to throw his hat into the ring obviously may not have hepled if he is indeed the clubs choice of manager has how can you appoint someone if they are not even sure they want the job.

I doubt very much Kevin will be the first choice of the board but due to availability of other managers he may very well be the man they choose.

couldn't have but it better myself....