Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

i can be certain he wont get the job if you re-read the statement that the board left they were very clear that they appreciated K macs work and now the interviews were beginning for someone with premier league experience as a full time manager.

trust me its gunna either be:

Sven

Curbs

Moyes

I agree, the statement wants prem experience. K mAc as a bloke, sound. Villa through and through but if he gets the job and messes up he leaves and the work with the kids is over.

As someone said, it's one of the top jobs going. It's like Apple employing the security guard as GM because he has done 30 years in the job. Some jobs are just too big. (Ok, security guard is a bit bad but you know what I mean, years doing Job A does not mean you can do job Z.)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard – off of the top of my head:

Injuries - Gabby, Cuellar, Colins, Dunne, Ireland, Carew,

Suspended – Dunne,

Left – Milner

In any game we have played so far we have not been able to play our strongest defence or our best midfield together. I've also addressed the issue of taking three weeks for MacDonald to decide whether he wants to be considered above, that's not weakness of will. Weakness of will (akrasia) FYI is not doing something when you have decided to do it. He's been weighing up the options before making a considered and informed choice.

Oh, and please don't accuse me of “aggressive, abusive, undertones” I disagree with much of what you say, but my comments are not abusive and they are only aggressive insomuch as they are actively questioning what I consider are foundationless comments by yourself. (Weak willed, lost boy, bottom 6 material, conspiracy by the board, etc., etc.) I don't particularly like the tone or content of many of your posts but I don't resort to such baseless accusations.

Not often this happens. But I pretty much agree with Richard in this latest dialogue. When KMac was promoted, I was happy with the concept and willing to give him a chance. Truthfully, after the season opener was about ready to declare it a done deal. However, since then, I have not seen the kind of decision making that impresses me.

Will our next manager have 100% support on here? Did MON? Did DOL? Does Carew? Does NRC? Does Petrov? Does Ash? If you read here often you have seen all of them slated.

I will likely get frustrated with any of them at times. But I will support the team.

(BTW - the only place Richard lost me in this was when he implied that there is some nefarious plot by the board to save money)

That was then, this is now - name one successful promotion from reserve team coach to first team manager in the last ten years? Glenn Roader?? Steve Wigley?? Ray Lewington??

It's exactly the point - no other prem team would appoint KMac because he isn't good enough. We wouldn't appoint another teams reserve manager because they would be good enough.

If KMac is appointed it would be a disaster

100% spot on. couldnt have said it better myself villacas

Has Randy been America since MON left us?

Of course.

That's where he lives :)

oh i know he lives in america, but I thought he was here just living in a hotel or something temporiarly and just jetting off to places until he found a replacement.

According to Gen K, "...he has basically been in the UK for the entire time..."

Has TheTrees revealed where Randy has been yet?

I can't tell you where he went to, because I didn't notice, but he has arrived from Corsica in the last few minutes

....does Sven still have his holiday home there ?.....or maybe it belonged to Nancy ??.....seem to recall him being snapped there ?

Injuries - Gabby, Cuellar, Colins, Dunne, Ireland, Carew,

Suspended – Dunne,

Left – Milner

Be interested to know what your first choice 11 is but we really are getting sidetracked here in my opinion.

On those you mention in the four games we have played

Gabby = started in one sub in another

Cuellar = started in one sub in another

Collins = started in two

Dunne = started in 3 ( as he was suspended for one not sure that counts as injured?)

Ireland = signed after the first game played in the next 2 injured for the last one

Carew = started in 3 missed the Vienna game away but then a lot were "rested" for that game.

Fact is this, I (like many others on here) do not rate Macdonald. In my opinion he is like a little boy lost on the touchlines, he is weak willed and he is not good enough for our club. Appoitning him would show a huge lack of ambition and would, again in my opinion, confimr a few thoughts I have about the club and our future direction.

AGressive undertones? That is very much how it comes across.

Randy's flights to Europe at this sensitive time give me hope that it will not be MacDonald. It tells me he is trying hard to get someone else. Or else it's me reading wrongly into it :)