Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You speak as a person who knows nothing about football management. Honestly I think you should look into how much time they spend, how it can effect their health etc...

How does taking time to decide whether it is best for him, his family AND the club mean he isn't the man for the job. :crylaugh:

I studied the effects of stress at university, and actually met basset during my project. So forgive me if I find your supposition pretty hysterical.

I envy you and you're justifiable approach to the time he spent pondering whether taking villa forward was the job for him, unfortunately I and many other people are not particularly inspired by the belated decision.

Disappointment will be a feeling amongst many villa fans if it turns out to be kmac. Great with youth players but i think he'll struggle with the first team.

On a positive note we may see a signing today as he has said that we needed strengthening

I watched that interview with my own eyes, thanks. Where does he dismiss hughes?

Come on Jas. He states quite clearly that he hadn't had any contact with Fulham (and therefore Hughes).

I'm sure you can understand why people are taking your ITK info with a large pinch of salt!

So this nephew, whose son is he? From O'Neils siblings or his wifes?

You speak as a person who knows nothing about football management. Honestly I think you should look into how much time they spend, how it can effect their health etc...

How does taking time to decide whether it is best for him, his family AND the club mean he isn't the man for the job. :crylaugh:

I studied the effects of stress at university, and actually met basset during my project. So forgive me if I find your supposition pretty hysterical.

I envy you and you're justifiable approach to the time he spent pondering whether taking villa forward was the job for him, unfortunately I and many other people are not particularly inspired by the belated decision.

*your

Didn't study English then?

KM is not 1st choice Chind! He is plan C or D!

We don't know that Wiggy. Even if he were a back up plan, theres a distinct chance we could end up having to use that back up plan.

And since rumour had it that the board was rather keen on MacDonald until he pissed his chances (we'd hope...) up the wall with the ineptitude at Newcastle and home to Rapid, now that he has seemingly finally decided he'd not mind the job (the time it's taken him to decide this should set off warning lights like Blackpool Pleasure Beach that he isn't the man for the job, even if the performances and impression he gives off hadn't already gave you a good idea) I wouldn't be surprised to see his stock rise again.

The board at the moment seems to have '£' in front of their eyes, and specifically don't want to see them leave their vision, and what MacDonald most definitely is, is cheap.

I would not be surprised to see him appointed. It'd be, in my view, the most awful appointment we could say, that would say rather a lot about Aston Villa in 2010, and thats no mean feat since just about every other manager we're likely to get I also think is bollocks in some way or another.

Do you not see the irony in your post you start of by saying 'we dont know that' as to prove your point then base the rest of your post on conjecture.

I find it bizarre how people always want to look deeper into everything or believe that there is something sneaky going on. KM has known all along we would interview in this period so he has taken the chance to think about his own position and sure enough when the league break comes he makes his mind up.

Why not just believe the facts the board are not stupid to release a statement saying PL experience is of high importance to then appoint someone with next to none.

Everything takes time in business and football is no different, if you wanted to appoint an ops manager you wouldnt do it within days, it often takes weeks or even months. Why not have faith in a guy who has so far done little if nothing wrong and knows more about business and how a football club is run than any of us.

*your

Didn't study English then?

Didnt realise we were in an English exam officer?

We have a list of candidates. I don't believe for a second Kevin McDonald is our first choice. I trust Randy and I believe everything Paul said in his statement. "Two of the traits we believe are of crucial importance are that candidates have experience of managing in the Premier League and a strategy for building on the existing strengths in our current squad." A manager with previous Premier League experience is not Kevin McDonald.

However...

If the manager we're looking for can't be prized away from their club (let's face it getting someone like Moyes [for example] isn't going to be easy) I'd rather have Kevin McDonald put in charge for a season than get a second-rate manager in just for the sake of it (i.e Curbishley, Pulis or frickin' Pardew)

If Kevin McDonald is appointed I am not going to blame Randy and start spouting this "We've been lied to!" bollocks. Randy will appoint the best man for the job out of who is available - if that's Kevin, so be it.

Martin O'neill didn't want Ireland, the board said yes to that. No funds and players being signed he didn't want = Bye bye Martin.

What evidence do you have of this mate?

How do you know that MON didn't want Ireland?

Good mates with Martins nephew. He doesn't know much else. I told people this on the day, but was dismissed. Now people continue to miss the obvious in front of them and have justified the signing of ireland without a moments honest thought.

Thinking about it, this would make sense. MON may have accepted Milner's departure but wanted a cash deal so that he could bring players in of his choice - OT I know but interesting all the same

I think you also should take a look at this post from the general, while MON was in charge:

Barry was a solid player...and yes, Barry left and Milner may well go. Let's see what happens in that case...will it just be $$$ or will there be another talented player to step in along with the money.

That quote is from the 7th of August,

General's quote

It's obvious that at least the General was excited about Ireland instead of just money, who MON could use on McGeady and Keane.

I'm really torn on this topic. We have consistantly had one of the best reserve teams in the country for a number of years now thanks to Kevin. In the position we find ourselves in today, no new players coming in Kev is the man who knows our reserves best and if we needed to bring in players from the reserves due to injury etc he knows them best. However if it all goes horribly wrong we'll lose him completely and risk not producing good young players, which with the board not being keen on spending is of incredible importance to us.

Unless Jol or Moyes are on their way he is the best option imo

Those of you spouting piss about KM, have you ever heard of loyalty?

This man has been with us 16 years, the players like him, he knows Villa and knows the game, we are really lucky to have him and he will continue to have my full support.

If we get someone else, I'll support them too.

Why would he say he wants the job to anyone but RL? if he tells the world he wants the job, and doesn't get it, the first thing the new manager does is let him go, he is playing it smart.

Please stop undermining the club and team, your helping no one!

Up the Villa!

The Mirror says Everton have no money to give Moyes for the striker he wants and even selling players would not guarantee he would be given the funds to improve them the way he wants.

And while Everton deny they have had an official approach, insiders at Villa reveal that Moyes is openly being discussed by senior staff and players as their No.1 choice.

There were a flood of bets on Moyes to get the job yesterday, but the key to the move will be whether there is real money at Villa for him to spend.

Do you not see the irony in your post you start of by saying 'we dont know that' as to prove your point then base the rest of your post on conjecture.

I knew someone would pick up on that.

I'm speculating. It may not happen.

Nowhere do I say it will.

Wiggy did however say he was definitely 3rd or 4th choice. Which we don't know. He might be. I have my doubts.

Why not just believe the facts the board are not stupid to release a statement saying PL experience is of high importance to then appoint someone with next to none.

I also believe the General has already said that 'Premier League experience' includes playing in it. Which MacDonald did at the top end of things.

We might not sign him. I'll not be surprised if we do, though I hope we don't.

If we do, it'll be an atrocious appointment and a betrayal.