Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Appoint MacDonald and he'll be gone at the end of the season and we'll be starting once again. We'll flirt with the drop zone and the worse teams than us we do us a favour and be even worse and he'll be asked to step down.

I can't shake off that feeling that there are many on here who are desperate for the Villa to fail this season.

The well of top class managers is dry, although a few VTers could perhaps start a football manager recruitment agency, as it is clearly easy to appoint a manager at this time.

If it's KMac, so be it. Let's support him and the club.

Couldn't agree more, thetrees :nod:

absolutely

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but he was even more of an unknown quantity then mark.

The whole point of a probation/trial period is to see how he copes with the task at hand - if we do end up hiring him then he's done well and we still benefit but we can't appoint someone who we know nothing about in terms of managerial ability as he's never managed before.

I was asking BOF who he would have played instead of Beye. What's Warnock got to do with anything? He wasn't in the squad. Whether Warnock should have been in the squad (or the starting eleven for that matter) is a different discussion entirely.

So no chairs or press conference talk then, I like the counting chairs game.

Maybe it's time......

There are 4 chairs been put out down the Villa, I guess one is the new manager but 2 must be players.

New chairs as well as the old one's (never used) have been given away.

:?:

Maybe it's time......

There are 4 chairs been put out down the Villa, I guess one is the new manager but 2 must be players.

Im lost :shock:

Appoint MacDonald and he'll be gone at the end of the season and we'll be starting once again. We'll flirt with the drop zone and the worse teams than us we do us a favour and be even worse and he'll be asked to step down.

I can't shake off that feeling that there are many on here who are desperate for the Villa to fail this season.

The well of top class managers is dry, although a few VTers could perhaps start a football manager recruitment agency, as it is clearly easy to appoint a manager at this time.

If it's KMac, so be it. Let's support him and the club.

Couldn't agree more, thetrees :nod:

absolutely

I don't beleive that KMac is up to the job - its a massive step up and a difficult one to do within the same club moving from coach to gaffer. I don't think that he's done well enough in the four matches so far to warrant a chance.

If he gets appointed (I beleive) he will struggle and will be gone by the end of the season - if that happens we will have gone backwards and lost a first class reserve team coach

If I don't think it's in the best interest of the club I won't blindly support a sub-par candidate (IMO)

I was asking BOF who he would have played instead of Beye. What's Warnock got to do with anything? He wasn't in the squad. Whether Warnock should have been in the squad (or the starting eleven for that matter) is a different discussion entirely.

Surely KMac picked the squad?

It's not a different discussion at all. You asked who I'd play at left back. My answer was someone who was available to MacDonald and is on our books. That he chose Beye instead of Warnock was his mistake and it cost us the group stages. That one single selection directly cost us 2 goals. And yes, I could have told you that before kick off. Beye in his preferred position is a disaster. Dropping an England leftback to take that **** cabbage and put him in an unfamiliar position would be hilarious if it wasn't a) true and B) done at Villa.

I think the worry for me is that km cant win no matter what.

If we get some bad results and are not in the top half by christmas the fans will take it out on km.

I really feel sorry for the guy i mean hes been judge before he can even do the job so he cant win and wont get the time to do it.

Maybe it's time......

Im lost :shock:

You gotta love them dutchies...he's had a smoke surely 8)

ok, if you think the club are dragging their feet over the appointment or whatever then fair enough - criticse them, but macdonald is pure villa. he is doing his best and a lot of the current players are saying he should get the job as are a lot of past players (dion dublins turn today on the radio).

he will inevitably make mistakes but any manager does. if wenger drops a b0ll0ck with his selection then no-one will say its because he doesnt have the required experience to manage a team. mon made a whole lot more glaring errors of judgement than you would expect of a seasoned manager and yet kept the majority of supporters behind him so i really dont understand the mentality of people saying that appointing kmac will be a disaster.

what experience has he got of signing players? is he a big enough anme to make ashley young sign a new deal? is a big enough name to attract top players? no to all those questions.

i agree with pilchard if he gets it he will get sacked by end of the season as he has showed he is tactically poor and when we come up against a decent side i reckon we will get destroyed.

we have looked defensively poor, and woeful at set pieces under him: and these were are strengths last season

If we get some bad results and are not in the top half by christmas the fans will take it out on km.

I really feel sorry for the guy i mean hes been judge before he can even do the job so he cant win and wont get the time to do it.

He knows the job he's taking and he's being very well paid to do it. So if he got the job and failed he has to accept the criticism. No need to feel sorry for him, if he got the sack he could drive home in a shiny new aston martin.

Sorry but he was given an ideal opportunity, he has effectively had an extended interview for this role and given the chance to prove he can do it.

If I said the jury was still out or that evidence was inconclusive I would be doing him a massive compliment and Villa an incredible injustice.

Quite simply if he had demonstrated an ability, a natural gift or even a propensity to be a premier manager then you would see 100% support on here for him, given the fact he has tremendous goodwill for his work as reserve team coach.

The factthat he has shown weak will, looking like a little boy lost, poor tactics and decision making in each of the games he has been in charge for shows me . and many others, he is not the right man for the job.

I am afraid that if we appoint this man quite aside from forgetting about the top 6 we should all readjust our ambitions and look to not appear in the bottom six.

Awful awful appointment and if it comes to pass is yet further confirmation of a few things some of us have been saying for a while