Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My worry, the polar opposite to string's worry, is that some people seem more concerned with how poor Kevin will come out of all of this rather than how AVFC will come out of it. Kevin has just allegedly thrown his hat into the ring for a high paid managerial position at a top 6 Premier League club. I'd love Kevin to go back to successfully managing the reserves. That way we can all continue to love him and we can thank him for stepping up admirably in our time of need. But if he gets the job full-time (that he voluntarily and knowingly applied for, as opposed to being forced upon him) then he can have no sympathy and he will be judged on it like anyone else would.

If KM has a role to play then I hope it is as part of a partnership.

Zola, Clark. KM.

Sven, Tord Grip, KM.

etc.

I've got a feeling we could see a Klinsmann - MacDonald partnership, it would make sense for us and seems a more viable option now that Bob Bradley has renewed his contract with the US team. The style of football MacDonald is trying to get us to play is very similar to Klinsmann's preferred style too.

So no chairs or press conference talk then, I like the counting chairs game.

Maybe it's time......

There are 4 chairs been put out down the Villa, I guess one is the new manager but 2 must be players.

New chairs as well as the old one's (never used) have been given away.

:?:

Im lost :shock:

You gotta love them dutchies...he's had a smoke surely 8)

Must have, everyone knew Mon wanted new expensive chairs but Randy wouldn't budge till the old chairs had moved on. Mon threw his toys out of the pram and the rest is history!

If Macca gets the job, will it be because Randy does not wish to pay compensation for somebody such as Moyes?
Moyes would cost a king's ransom after signing his new contract and we don't actually know if he's interested. So, basically no we can't definitively say either way.

I was asking BOF who he would have played instead of Beye. What's Warnock got to do with anything? He wasn't in the squad. Whether Warnock should have been in the squad (or the starting eleven for that matter) is a different discussion entirely.
It's not a different discussion at all. You asked who I'd play at left back. My answer was someone who was available to MacDonald and is on our books. That he chose Beye instead of Warnock was his mistake and it cost us the group stages. That one single selection directly cost us 2 goals. And yes, I could have told you that before kick off. Beye in his preferred position is a disaster. Dropping an England leftback to take that **** cabbage and put him in an unfamiliar position would be hilarious if it wasn't a) true and B) done at Villa.

Warnock wasn't in the squad for a reason. I don't know why but he wasn't. McDonald made a decision to leave him out. Whether that was the right or wrong decision is irrelevant. For what it's worth I agree - Warnock should have played.

My question was, other than Warnock (as he wasn't in the squad that day) who would you have played? It was a genuine question. If Warnock isn't available, who would you play at left-back?

Jeez :lol:

If I don't think it's in the best interest of the club I won't blindly support a sub-par candidate (IMO)

To be honest I have blindly supported a sub-par candidate for the last 4 years, and it didn't feel that bad :winkold:

If Macca gets the job, will it be because Randy does not wish to pay compensation for somebody such as Moyes?

I think with Moyes it's more exactly what attracted the board to him is why he is unobtainable. Money doesn't come into it.

KM is not suited to this role, I think tactically he is very naive.

And you have picked that up from 4 games?!?!

Give over!

seems to have a whole lot more tactical awareness than certain managers we have had.

I guess it was lucky Ireland got injured the other day then, I doubt playing Ireland against Everton would have won us the game.

I think the worry for me is that km cant win no matter what.

If we get some bad results and are not in the top half by christmas the fans will take it out on km.

I really feel sorry for the guy i mean hes been judge before he can even do the job so he cant win and wont get the time to do it.

Sorry but he was given an ideal opportunity, he has effectively had an extended interview for this role and given the chance to prove he can do it.

If I said the jury was still out or that evidence was inconclusive I would be doing him a massive compliment and Villa an incredible injustice.

Quite simply if he had demonstrated an ability, a natural gift or even a propensity to be a premier manager then you would see 100% support on here for him, given the fact he has tremendous goodwill for his work as reserve team coach.

The factthat he has shown weak will, looking like a little boy lost, poor tactics and decision making in each of the games he has been in charge for shows me . and many others, he is not the right man for the job.

I am afraid that if we appoint this man quite aside from forgetting about the top 6 we should all readjust our ambitions and look to not appear in the bottom six.

Awful awful appointment and if it comes to pass is yet further confirmation of a few things some of us have been saying for a while

Absolutely Spot On

My question was, other than Warnock (as he wasn't in the squad that day) who would you have played? It was a genuine question. If Warnock isn't available, who would you play at left-back?

Jeez

OK, now I'll answer the new question of "Apart from Warnock, who would I play?". It would have been one of the players accustomed to playing left back. It would not have been Beye. Though this is all moot because the new question is hypothetical and ignores the original answer. The mistake was made when Warnock was left out of the squad/team. And that was MacDonald's mistake. Which is the entire point that was being made in the first place

Jeez :lol:

Give over!

Erm yes i have, fact is we all knew Rapid's key from the first leg was the wing positions after firing cross after bloody cross in, so what do we do we play weak players at full back, Against Newcastle, I said the midfield 3 of Nolan, Barton and Smith will dominate and guess what they did. As said if he played Ireland against Everton, we would have struggled even more than we did as we had NRC closing space. This isn't even difficult tactics, even the odd fan can see the basics, if he continues to play the way we do, it will be mid-table at the very best.

Give over!

seems to have a whole lot more tactical awareness than certain managers we have had.

I guess it was lucky Ireland got injured the other day then, I doubt playing Ireland against Everton would have won us the game.

Why?

Ireland would have had a shot on goal when NRC was through in the second half and he tried to square it to Gabby.