Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Install a caretaker manager who has taken 3 weeks to decide whether he wants the job or not. Yea really inspiring stuff, with the greatest respect thanks but no thanks.

Yes because everything is that simple. Forget the whole think before you act, it's irrelevant. :notsure:

You don't just take the managerial job because it's Aston Villa ffs.

That's exactly why you take the job. What did he have decide over the course of 3 weeks? Whether he liked the conditions.. if only all managers got a trial period eh. Whether he likes the limelight and the impact on his life and so forth? Please, if these things are even considered it displays he isn't the man for it.

The only real thing he would have had to think about, is if taking it would mean he'll be out of a job completely if things go south which they undoubtedly will. It seems as though he's gambled his welfare on an opportunity he probably won't get again though. Sound like someone you want in charge?

You speak as a person who knows nothing about football management. Honestly I think you should look into how much time they spend, how it can effect their health etc...

How does taking time to decide whether it is best for him, his family AND the club mean he isn't the man for the job. :crylaugh:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin O'neill didn't want Ireland, the board said yes to that. No funds and players being signed he didn't want = Bye bye Martin.

What evidence do you have of this mate?

How do you know that MON didn't want Ireland?

Good mates with Martins nephew. He doesn't know much else. I told people this on the day, but was dismissed. Now people continue to miss the obvious in front of them and have justified the signing of ireland without a moments honest thought.

Hows Brads move to Fulham going on?

Martin O'neill didn't want Ireland, the board said yes to that. No funds and players being signed he didn't want = Bye bye Martin.

Good mates with Martins nephew. He doesn't know much else. I told people this on the day, but was dismissed. Now people continue to miss the obvious in front of them and have justified the signing of ireland without a moments honest thought.

:lol: I forgot about that! I'm sure we were guaranteed he'd be gone too! I'll make the excuse for Jas already, it's all because the Schwarzer deal fell through :!:

I would venture that he doesn't know anything.

The board blocking the signing of McGeady until someone is off the books I can wear. There is no way that Randy Lerner would have sanctioned a deal that would bring in a player that the manager didn't want.

After all, he had enough trouble getting the manager to pick the players that he did want to sign!

No reason at all for kevin to go public unless he felt he had a really good chance of getting the job.

Dear oh dear. When he is appointed, it will become clearer how much the board has shafted us as fans. No manager to disguise no transfer funds. Martin O'neill didn't want Ireland, the board said yes to that. No funds and players being signed he didn't want = Bye bye Martin.

Hello Kevin, cheap option, yes man.

It will all start to dawn on people when it becomes a reality, the truth that is. So much propaganda coming out of the club it's embarrassing people fall for it.

I'm afraid, that should Kevin MacDonald be appointed, this will be a similar view to mine, I think. A view, a few days ago, I didn't think I'd be having.

I am not saying that you personally took this position but I find it ironic that when a relatively small number of us were questioning the boards ability to manage the club and their knowledge of "football" we were told criticised - it will be interesting to hear those same critics views if KM is appointed.

Never denied talking to Hughes, did he? Haven't shipped Schrawzer (sp) off neither, as expected.

Install a caretaker manager who has taken 3 weeks to decide whether he wants the job or not. Yea really inspiring stuff, with the greatest respect thanks but no thanks.

Yes because everything is that simple. Forget the whole think before you act, it's irrelevant. :notsure:

You don't just take the managerial job because it's Aston Villa ffs.

Of course you do!!

Aston Villa FC are 'supposed' to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Despite the obviois financial restraints, it still amazes me that many more managers haven't thrown their hat in the ring to manage such a big club.

For me, much as I like KM, he just doesnt come accross as passionate enough. To dither around deciding if it is the 'right move' for him after being at the club for the last 16 years shocks me. He has sat in the shadows so to speak watching, and probably disagreeing with previous managers tactics, transfers and training and MUST have thought, 'I could do better, I would LOVE to have a go at that job'..

Shame he doesnt show it in his interviews..

1) Football management changes you life. Less time with family and friends.

2) Football management can cause major health issues.

3) If he fails he could leave the club he's served for so long altogether.

4) He needed to know if he was capable.

5) He needed to know if he'd enjoy it.

How how you not considered these points? There are many more too. You don't just take or do something without thinking about it first. In any situation that changes your life you would spend a good time thinking about it first if you had any SENSE.

Finally a sensible post on here. Spot on in my opinion.

I can't understand all the negativity on here towards the board since MON left us in the lurch, yet most seem to think it is the board to blame! do you want Randy and the General to go and buy the players from their knowledge or would you rather wait till a manager is in place and let him spend?

K Mac has put his name forward and will be considered, the fact that there is a lack of decent managers available is not the boards fault, unless we can get someone like Jol, Klinsmann, Moyes (the 3 best options IMO) then i would take K Mac any day over Curbs, Big Sam, Southgate etc.

We really are the most fickle fans in England.....

'Miss the obvious in front of them'.... That we've sold Milner but got a lump sum of cash and an excellent player also?

Who would have MON wanted instead? McGeady... if that's true then I'm glad he went.

Never denied talking to Hughes, did he? Haven't shipped Schrawzer (sp) off neither, as expected.

Cluckedy click

However, he maintains there is no substance in the story about him being wanted by Fulham.

"I have never had contact with Fulham or from Fulham," he said.

"I have never had a conversation with Martin O'Neill about Fulham so I don't really know where that came from."

Thinking about it, this would make sense. MON may have accepted Milner's departure but wanted a cash deal so that he could bring players in of his choice - OT I know but interesting all the same

Cluckedy click

However, he maintains there is no substance in the story about him being wanted by Fulham.

"I have never had a conversation with Martin O'Neill about Fulham so I don't really know where that came from."

:lol: That's what I call "owned". :lol: Shame I can't find any good picture of that.

I would venture that he doesn't know anything.

The board blocking the signing of McGeady until someone is off the books I can wear. There is no way that Randy Lerner would have sanctioned a deal that would bring in a player that the manager didn't want.

After all, he had enough trouble getting the manager to pick the players that he did want to sign!

The deal for Milner only got concluded once Martin left, that speaks volumes trees. It should have made the deal slower if anything. It was done a week or so after Martin went and would have been quicker if Stephen wasn't messed around with his pay off fee. I don't really care if people don't believe me. I'm not some little kid at a keyboard. We will wait and see what the board do. I will be surprised if it's anyone but Kevin appointed.

I think it's safe to assume Pulis, Bruce, & anyone else trying to to a bit of business is out of the running. That being said nothing from Moyes & Hughes at the moment!

Don't think that matters - the Chairman's first choice has already said he's interested!

Let's not jump to conclusions here but I agree with a lot of the comments about KM and about Sunday he got lucky when Ireland got injured in the warm up . We were fortunate to win in my opinion but at least we battled .

I will be gobsmacked if het gets it because at 6.30pm on Sunday wasn't in the running .

He is well liked by PF / RL and respected by the staff / players but I really feel that this wouldn't be the right man for this club at this level .

Isiah Osbourne will always get in our reserve side but never a first team player and maybe I am being harsh but thats how it feels as a comparison .

Cluckedy click

:lol: That's what I call "owned". :lol: Shame I can't find any good picture of that.

I watched that interview with my own eyes, thanks. Where does he dismiss hughes? Owned, please. I feel sorry for you that you believe everything portrayed right in front of your eyes. Football is all smoke and mirrors. Sooner you realise that, the sooner that feel of disappointment year after year will fade.

I think it's safe to assume Pulis, Bruce, & anyone else trying to to a bit of business is out of the running. That being said nothing from Moyes & Hughes at the moment!

Don't think that matters - the Chairman's first choice has already said he's interested!

I'm not so sure that's true!

I'm sorry Jas, all I can remember is Benjani signing :D

:lol: That was a complete wind up. Ah, good old uni days. Anyway I'll let you kids fight between yourselves. I've got work to do!