Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Install a caretaker manager who has taken 3 weeks to decide whether he wants the job or not. Yea really inspiring stuff, with the greatest respect thanks but no thanks.

Yes because everything is that simple. Forget the whole think before you act, it's irrelevant. :notsure:

You don't just take the managerial job because it's Aston Villa ffs.

Of course you do!!

Aston Villa FC are 'supposed' to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Despite the obviois financial restraints, it still amazes me that many more managers haven't thrown their hat in the ring to manage such a big club.

For me, much as I like KM, he just doesnt come accross as passionate enough. To dither around deciding if it is the 'right move' for him after being at the club for the last 16 years shocks me. He has sat in the shadows so to speak watching, and probably disagreeing with previous managers tactics, transfers and training and MUST have thought, 'I could do better, I would LOVE to have a go at that job'..

Shame he doesnt show it in his interviews..

Has it ever crossed your or any of Kevin's other detractors minds that the reason he is supposedly dithering is that the last three weeks must have been crazy on the football side? Villa not only lost a manger but the 1st team coaching staff. The side that went out against Newcastle was MON's with the exception of Ireland and I still maintain that had Carew scored that penalty we could have got a result. The collapse was inexplicable and but I really think had we got a draw or a much less embarrassing defeat that far more fans would be backing MacDonald rather than be willing to accept the likes of Sven, Curbishley etc I think people have to be careful what they wish for. If its not going to Jol or someone of similar stature I would give KM a year withe the support of DoF.

Mods can we have a poll please?

What would you prefer?

KM

KM with an experienced DoF

An experience PL manager such as Southgate, Curbishley, Allardyce etc

Sven

A high profile continental manager such as Jol?

I said a while back i think km would get the job and it looks more and more like that.

I just wish the club wouldnt of made that statement now.

If we can finish between 10th and 12th this season i think that will be good and then next we can start to build again.

No reason at all for kevin to go public unless he felt he had a really good chance of getting the job.

Dear oh dear. When he is appointed, it will become clearer how much the board has shafted us as fans. No manager to disguise no transfer funds. Martin O'neill didn't want Ireland, the board said yes to that. No funds and players being signed he didn't want = Bye bye Martin.

Hello Kevin, cheap option, yes man.

It will all start to dawn on people when it becomes a reality, the truth that is. So much propaganda coming out of the club it's embarrassing people fall for it.

An appointment of MacDonald will be an unacceptable betrayal.

This is the type of crap why i hope he does not get it. Some of the abuse he had on some forums after the Rapid defeat was disgusting. The guy has done more for Villa than Oniel!!!!

Yes Oniel took the plaudets, but it was the work of people like Macca and Walford that got the best out of the players. Why do you think they were texting champagne bottles when he walked?

If Macca gets the job, then i think he will eventully leave Villa, and we would of lost a flippin good coach.

KM is not 1st choice Chind! He is plan C or D!

We don't know that Wiggy. Even if he were a back up plan, theres a distinct chance we could end up having to use that back up plan.

And since rumour had it that the board was rather keen on MacDonald until he pissed his chances (we'd hope...) up the wall with the ineptitude at Newcastle and home to Rapid, now that he has seemingly finally decided he'd not mind the job (the time it's taken him to decide this should set off warning lights like Blackpool Pleasure Beach that he isn't the man for the job, even if the performances and impression he gives off hadn't already gave you a good idea) I wouldn't be surprised to see his stock rise again.

The board at the moment seems to have '£' in front of their eyes, and specifically don't want to see them leave their vision, and what MacDonald most definitely is, is cheap.

I would not be surprised to see him appointed. It'd be, in my view, the most awful appointment we could say, that would say rather a lot about Aston Villa in 2010, and thats no mean feat since just about every other manager we're likely to get I also think is bollocks in some way or another.

Install a caretaker manager who has taken 3 weeks to decide whether he wants the job or not. Yea really inspiring stuff, with the greatest respect thanks but no thanks.

Yes because everything is that simple. Forget the whole think before you act, it's irrelevant. :notsure:

That's exactly why you take the job. What did he have decide over the course of 3 weeks? Whether he liked the conditions.. if only all managers got a trial period eh. Whether he likes the limelight and the impact on his life and so forth? Please, if these things are even considered it displays he isn't the man for it.

The only real thing he would have had to think about, is if taking it would mean he'll be out of a job completely if things go south which they undoubtedly will. It seems as though he's gambled his welfare on an opportunity he probably won't get again though. Sound like someone you want in charge?

Of course you do!!

Aston Villa FC are 'supposed' to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Despite the obviois financial restraints, it still amazes me that many more managers haven't thrown their hat in the ring to manage such a big club.

For me, much as I like KM, he just doesnt come accross as passionate enough. To dither around deciding if it is the 'right move' for him after being at the club for the last 16 years shocks me. He has sat in the shadows so to speak watching, and probably disagreeing with previous managers tactics, transfers and training and MUST have thought, 'I could do better, I would LOVE to have a go at that job'..

Shame he doesnt show it in his interviews..

1) Football management changes you life. Less time with family and friends.

2) Football management can cause major health issues.

3) If he fails he could leave the club he's served for so long altogether.

4) He needed to know if he was capable.

5) He needed to know if he'd enjoy it.

How how you not considered these points? There are many more too. You don't just take or do something without thinking about it first. In any situation that changes your life you would spend a good time thinking about it first if you had any SENSE.

No reason at all for kevin to go public unless he felt he had a really good chance of getting the job.

Dear oh dear. When he is appointed, it will become clearer how much the board has shafted us as fans. No manager to disguise no transfer funds. Martin O'neill didn't want Ireland, the board said yes to that. No funds and players being signed he didn't want = Bye bye Martin.

Hello Kevin, cheap option, yes man.

It will all start to dawn on people when it becomes a reality, the truth that is. So much propaganda coming out of the club it's embarrassing people fall for it.

I'm afraid, that should Kevin MacDonald be appointed, this will be a similar view to mine, I think. A view, a few days ago, I didn't think I'd be having.

Appoint MacDonald and he'll be gone at the end of the season and we'll be starting once again. We'll flirt with the drop zone and the worse teams than us we do us a favour and be even worse and he'll be asked to step down.

You couldn't give me this weeks Lottery numbers from your crystal ball also could you???

:winkold:

An appointment of MacDonald will be an unacceptable betrayal.

This is the type of crap why i hope he does not get it. Some of the abuse he had on some forums after the Rapid defeat was disgusting. The guy has done more for Villa than Oniel!!!!

Yes Oniel took the plaudets, but it was the work of people like Macca and Walford that got the best out of the players. Why do you think they were texting champagne bottles when he walked?

If Macca gets the job, then i think he will eventully leave Villa, and we would of lost a flippin good coach.

I have to agree its not km fault the reason he is coming forward is because the club want him too.

I think its clear to see money is really tight at the moment and they are cutting back big time.

Km is perfect for the job because he knows the players and will use the youth this season.

People who attack km really need to look at what the mans done for villa and think again before attacking him.

I hope if it all goes wrong they at least give the man his job back in the reserves.

Martin O'neill didn't want Ireland, the board said yes to that. No funds and players being signed he didn't want = Bye bye Martin.

What evidence do you have of this mate?

How do you know that MON didn't want Ireland?

Good mates with Martins nephew. He doesn't know much else. I told people this on the day, but was dismissed. Now people continue to miss the obvious in front of them and have justified the signing of ireland without a moments honest thought.