Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I'd be amazed if he comes and gets money to spend considering we still haven't addressed the wage issue and the window shuts tonight. No time to sell off anyone, and bringing people in will just make matters worse for us.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway I'll let you kids fight between yourselves. I've got work to do!
Or to put it another way "My work here is done".

You said Brad never denied it. You were given a link where he denied it. Now you will always have the 'out' that 'oh that isn't true'. But it doesn't change that there are direct quotes of Brad denying ANY contact with Fulham (and talking to Hughes would be contact with Fulham in some capacity). At least be big enough to admit when a link is provided that shows what you are claiming is factually incorrect. Brad has denied it.

Wiggy did however say he was definitely 3rd or 4th choice.

Did i??? :?

Yes

KM is not 1st choice Chind! He is plan C or D!

Plan C or D could be considered 3rd or 4th choice.

And you didn't put in a single word of doubt there.

'KM is not 1st choice Chind! He is plan C or D'.

Thats a definitive in my book ;)

The job is Kevin MacDonald's.

He has spent weeks deciding whether we wants the job? It doesn't take weeks to decide if you want a set job in any profession - if it does then you really wouldn't want it.

Sorry, the cynic inside me says he knew he wanted the job and has already assumed those responsibilities from day one knowing that. However as part of being given this great opportunity for someone relatively inexperienced he has agreed not to 'throw his hat in' until the last day of the transfer window to save the club from the 'why haven't you signed anyone?' questions that would have been put forward if he'd been confirmed as Manager within days of MON's departure.

KM's manager, no players coming in and Villa fans led a merry dance again. Losing faith rapidly.

It may all be me being overly cynical but I have no faith in a manager that can't decide if he wants to manage us for three weeks.

Wiggy did however say he was definitely 3rd or 4th choice.

Did i??? :?

Yes

KM is not 1st choice Chind! He is plan C or D!

Plan C or D could be considered 3rd or 4th choice.

And you didn't put in a single word of doubt there.

'KM is not 1st choice Chind! He is plan C or D'.

Thats a definitive in my book ;)

Damn you and your higher education! :winkold: :lol:

Never denied talking to Hughes, did he? Haven't shipped Schrawzer (sp) off neither, as expected.

Cluckedy click

However, he maintains there is no substance in the story about him being wanted by Fulham.

"I have never had contact with Fulham or from Fulham," he said.

"I have never had a conversation with Martin O'Neill about Fulham so I don't really know where that came from."

:lol: That's what I call "owned". :lol: Shame I can't find any good picture of that.

I watched that interview with my own eyes, thanks. Where does he dismiss hughes? Owned, please. I feel sorry for you that you believe everything portrayed right in front of your eyes. Football is all smoke and mirrors. Sooner you realise that, the sooner that feel of disappointment year after year will fade.

:crylaugh:

Oh to live a life like yours Jas, you seem to have everything worked out. I wish I was as enlightened as you.

Wow, some real bull being spouted on here today.

MacDonald's delay in deciding if he wishes to be considered for the job is a perfectly sensible approach, indeed it is the most sensible approach.

Psychologically it shows he's a well rounded and considered character that wants to weigh up all of the options before making a decision. Whenever I have heard him speak he comes across as one of the more intelligent and rational managers I have listened to and I'm sure that if he does get the job he would do well for us, though possibly only until our first choice manager becomes available next summer.

Some people on here just want a big name manager wankfest now so they can toss off whilst chanting the name of their favourite manager under their muttered breath. Talk of betrayal by the club, OMG what a pathetic overreaction I think some people need to get a sense of perspective. I'm sure the club will do what is best for the club, and the majority of the fans will support them in that choice.

I too would have liked a top new manager straight away and some signings this summer and I'm frustrated by the situation we find ourselves in, but that said I think given the circumstances we have been put in, as a club we have taken the best approach to the situation we can, and we will make the best choice we can.

I thought Moyes said he wasn't interested in leaving Everton for Villa?

He cant say anything else though, can he? :winkold:

I would imagine this situation is quite fluid, changing by the hour. I guess we will have to see what happens at Everton before the close of the window.

But Randy is out of the country, which kind of indicates they might be interviewing somebody else?