Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KM is not suited to this role, I think tactically he is very naive.

And you have picked that up from 4 games?!?!

Give over!

seems to have a whole lot more tactical awareness than certain managers we have had.

If that's a pop at MON, then your wide of the mark! In 4 games, KMac has got it wrong twice, I wouldn't say in 4 years MON was wrong tactically, i think sometimes were forgetting how good MON was, put it this way, it will be a long time we will see victories at Anfield, OT and Arsenal or have you forgotten, name me a previous manager at Villa who has achieved that.

Its not.

Are you ITK Jez?

Nooooo its just all Twitter nonsense.

I could go on there and say something put #avfc after it and it will spread like wildfire.

I'll butter my bollocks if its actually true!

KM is not suited to this role, I think tactically he is very naive.

And you have picked that up from 4 games?!?!

Give over!

Erm yes i have, fact is we all knew Rapid's key from the first leg was the wing positions after firing cross after bloody cross in, so what do we do we play weak players at full back, Against Newcastle, I said the midfield 3 of Nolan, Barton and Smith will dominate and guess what they did. As said if he played Ireland against Everton, we would have struggled even more than we did as we had NRC closing space. This isn't even difficult tactics, even the odd fan can see the basics, if he continues to play the way we do, it will be mid-table at the very best.

Have you applyed for the job Jose?

Anyone can pull a few ideas out their ass after the events...hindsight is beautiful isnt it? :winkold:

I think the worry for me is that km cant win no matter what.

If we get some bad results and are not in the top half by christmas the fans will take it out on km.

I really feel sorry for the guy i mean hes been judge before he can even do the job so he cant win and wont get the time to do it.

Sorry but he was given an ideal opportunity, he has effectively had an extended interview for this role and given the chance to prove he can do it.

If I said the jury was still out or that evidence was inconclusive I would be doing him a massive compliment and Villa an incredible injustice.

Quite simply if he had demonstrated an ability, a natural gift or even a propensity to be a premier manager then you would see 100% support on here for him, given the fact he has tremendous goodwill for his work as reserve team coach.

The factthat he has shown weak will, looking like a little boy lost, poor tactics and decision making in each of the games he has been in charge for shows me . and many others, he is not the right man for the job.

I am afraid that if we appoint this man quite aside from forgetting about the top 6 we should all readjust our ambitions and look to not appear in the bottom six.

Awful awful appointment and if it comes to pass is yet further confirmation of a few things some of us have been saying for a while

Sorry but what a load of rubbish. For any manager to come in at the time he did would be extremely difficult. As it is he has had a mixed bag of results, won 2 lost 2, drawn 1, with quite a few injuries, suspensions and one of our top players leaving. Not too bad really considering the situation. Now were out of Europe, like last year, and sitting 4th.

Anyone fairly judging him and not looking at him with a squint of managerial dysmorphia would admit that. Contrary to your assertion I doubt any manager will ever receive 100% support on here, at least for a prolonged period of time. And please what is this lost boy, weak willed rubbish? Yes he's learning a new job but he looks far from lost and far from weak willed. If he is lost then great, because when he finds his feet and gets to work more with the team, we will only get better.

And what exactly would his appointment confirm? You just want an opportunity to have a go at the board. As someone said above, if he were appointed and did well for us, there would still be the likes of you bitching away.

If Sunderland or Fulham or Everton or West Ham were looking for a manager and KMac applied, would you expect him to get the job? I'd be staggered!!!

IMO he's a great reserve team coach but he's not up to the job - If he gets the job, it will give me no pleasure to say I told you so at the end of the season as he packs his bags and takes up a coaching role elsewhere

Sorry just to clarify a few things can you just list the quite a few injuries and suspensions please.?

I think, given the position of the club, he had an opprtunity to get as close to 100% support as anyone else, especially given the goodwill he has for his reserve team work. Even those saying he shouldn't get the job seem to be doing it as he is a nice bloke and that he should retain his reserve team role.

Weak willed and little boy lost? Well does he want it or not? One of the top 6 roles in this league and one of the top 20 or so in Europe I'd say and it takes him three weeks to say whether he wants it? Yes that is strong will that is.

If the reserve team manager of Everton was interviewed for this role I guess we would all be saying how brilliant that was and what great ambition we have as a club.

If he did well for us and got us top 4 - 6 and pushing for a cup win then you'd have no complaints from me, all I want is a successful Villa and besides I didn't do much complaning in the last 4 years of a manager achieving this did I?

Hope that answers your points and would appreciate you taking out the aggressive abusive undertones to your posts to me please.

what a load of toss. th point is we ARENT trying to appoint some other teams reserve team coach, we are (maybe) promoting from within a man who has 15 years of experience at the club and already knows the squad.

i dont suppose anyone would have been particularly inspired at the time when bob paisley, joe fagan or roy evans were appointed liverpool manager either but...

If Sunderland or Fulham or Everton or West Ham were looking for a manager and KMac applied, would you expect him to get the job? I'd be staggered!!!

IMO he's a great reserve team coach but he's not up to the job - If he gets the job, it will give me no pleasure to say I told you so at the end of the season as he packs his bags and takes up a coaching role elsewhere

And would you expect us to appoint Chris Hughton as manager? No! Yet he has the best starting record of any Newcastle manager ever. Your analogy kind of falls down when looking at it from that perspective.

Well if he does get appointed, I will take every pleasure in saying I told you so!

what a load of toss. th point is we ARENT trying to appoint some other teams reserve team coach, we are (maybe) promoting from within a man who has 15 years of experience at the club and already knows the squad.

i dont suppose anyone would have been particularly inspired at the time when bob paisley, joe fagan or roy evans were appointed liverpool manager either but...

That was then, this is now - name one successful promotion from reserve team coach to first team manager in the last ten years? Glenn Roader?? Steve Wigley?? Ray Lewington??

It's exactly the point - no other prem team would appoint KMac because he isn't good enough. We wouldn't appoint another teams reserve manager because they would be good enough.

If KMac is appointed it would be a disaster

And would you expect us to appoint Chris Hughton as manager? No! Yet he has the best starting record of any Newcastle manager ever. Your analogy kind of falls down when looking at it from that perspective.

Well if he does get appointed, I will take every pleasure in saying I told you so!

Hughton was appointed to a Championship side not a top six premiership side.

No need to say I told you so if KMac is appointed - I fully expect that to happen but I'll take no pleasure in saying the same to you as he leaves VP at the end of the season as we plunge to mid-table obscurity (if we are lucky)

Thank god we dont do the same, cos look at the pigs ear they made of that club..... :lol:

i can be certain he wont get the job if you re-read the statement that the board left they were very clear that they appreciated K macs work and now the interviews were beginning for someone with premier league experience as a full time manager.

trust me its gunna either be:

Sven

Curbs

Moyes

Pretty nice derogatory post there.

The fact that Roy Evans is the only name you've dug out there in the last 40 years speaks volumes. What exactly did he achieve again? Taking an underachieving side back to 'almost' where they wanted to be? Sounds familiar.

15 years of reserve team experience does not constitute the experience required to guide this club forward, whether you'd like to think so or not.

i can be certain he wont get the job if you re-read the statement that the board left they were very clear that they appreciated K macs work and now the interviews were beginning for someone with premier league experience as a full time manager.

trust me its gunna either be:

Sven

Curbs

Moyes

Moyes for me, then Sven (a fair distance behind) - i hope not Curbishly but still better than KMac for me

To be clear - I think KMac is a great coach and fantastic servant to the club but that doesnt make him a good choice for manager (IMO)