Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appoint MacDonald and he'll be gone at the end of the season and we'll be starting once again. We'll flirt with the drop zone and the worse teams than us we do us a favour and be even worse and he'll be asked to step down.

I can't shake off that feeling that there are many on here who are desperate for the Villa to fail this season.

The well of top class managers is dry, although a few VTers could perhaps start a football manager recruitment agency, as it is clearly easy to appoint a manager at this time.

If it's KMac, so be it. Let's support him and the club.

Appoint MacDonald and he'll be gone at the end of the season and we'll be starting once again. We'll flirt with the drop zone and the worse teams than us we do us a favour and be even worse and he'll be asked to step down.

I can't shake off that feeling that there are many on here who are desperate for the Villa to fail this season.

The well of top class managers is dry, although a few VTers could perhaps start a football manager recruitment agency, as it is clearly easy to appoint a manager at this time.

If it's KMac, so be it. Let's support him and the club.

Couldn't agree more, thetrees :nod:

But Randy is out of the country, which kind of indicates they might be interviewing somebody else?

Or more like it, on holiday just like his trip over to Milan a week ago.

Milan was a holiday then?

makes me piss because no-one has got a scooby do whats going on!?!? :lol:

Complete and utter bollocks, and whilst such a thing may have been expected from some posters, I'm suprised you would say such a thing.

Looking at the teams and tactics, I have no confidence in MacDonald. Looking at his lack of experience, I have no confidence in MacDonald. Do I want us to compete? Of course I do.

Do I want us to win things? Of course I do.

Will I support the club if we appoint MacDonald? Of course I will.

Will I think it's the wrong appointment? Yes.

If it's KMac then questions need to be asked.

It reeks.

lets assume, that we cannot get Moyes, Hughes or Jol.

IF not KM who would you take? It's strikes me that some people would be happy with anyone but KM.

Name names as your alternative, so we can have a sniff at them :D:D

But Randy is out of the country, which kind of indicates they might be interviewing somebody else?

Or more like it, on holiday just like his trip over to Milan a week ago.

Milan was a holiday then?

No my mistake. That's where he went over with his family and ended up signing Sneider.

It reeks.

IF not KM who would you take? It's strikes me that some people would be happy with anyone but KM.

Name names as your alternative, so we can see how they smell :D:D

Just like when we can't get Bent or Huntelaar, we settle for Heskey :)

I have no issues with KM particularly - you never know how a manger will work out, experienced or not.

I have an issue with the timing if it is KM - it could have been sorted a lot earlier. If he's an intelligent man like you all suggest then he's not going to throw his hat into the ring unless he's been given VERY strong indication that he's going to get it.

KM manager - ok, will support him. But the timing sucks and is almost as bad as MON's choice of departure date.

It reeks.

Name names as your alternative, so we can see how they smell :D:D

Just like when we can't get Bent or Huntelaar, we settle for Heskey :)

Salifou would sign Adebayor and maybe Tshbalala :D

People grumbling at KM for his selections for the Rapid games because of a lack of experience, etc. should look at the corresponding fixture last season, and our game in Moscow the previous season under the tutelage of an 'experienced tactical genius.'

His selections have proven themselves at reserve level time and again, and although it's a different class in the PL, you still know your tactics.

Games are won and lost by the players: he could not have foreseen Petrov missing a penalty like that, or a mistake by Beye, etc. That's down to the players performing on the pitch at a given moment in time, not tactical naivety.

And as for some saying Ireland getting injured was a blessing because we'd have lost otherwise is just base. We were playing at home, and determined to put things right, against an Everton team who have been struggling also. Maybe we'd have been all over them and Ireland scored a hat-trick if he'd played.

Really, to think some of the people on here are probably mature adults...It's almost embarrassing supporting the same club sometimes...