Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, very conveniently, we will not see a manager in place until after the window closes.

I mean what could he do now anyway in 5 days or so in terms of assessing the squad and bringing in players to help that? nada

We will see no signings this summer and I doubt we will see any in January as that is "notoriously bad to get players of the right quality"

Very conveniently?

Why not rush out and sign up Megson straight away?

They are just sitting around doing nothing waiting for the window to close.........right lets find a manager!

Your agenda against a board that has done nothing but try and improve us is becoming very tiresome.

Option B would be very carefully researched and considered imo and would take time....

As it would need to be an up and coming manager who had shown potential and developed rather than some any old tom dick and harry.

Yeah that's what I'd be hoping for.

The right man for the job is absolutely essential. The side we've got now is good enough to keep us going for a while so we don't need to worry about getting someone in before the window closes but at the same time, we don't want to wait too long either.

As for Bob Bradley, he does not figure in option B either. He's not even managed in Europe let alone England and at 52, I'd leave him well alone.

Cant we just patch things up with Oneill?

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the General's view that MON thought himself to be bigger than the club, I think any attempt to patch things up with O'Neill would set a very dangerous precedent in Owner/Manager relations.

I think, very conveniently, we will not see a manager in place until after the window closes.

I mean what could he do now anyway in 5 days or so in terms of assessing the squad and bringing in players to help that? nada

We will see no signings this summer and I doubt we will see any in January as that is "notoriously bad to get players of the right quality"

Very conveniently?

They are just sitting around doing nothing waiting for the window to close.........right lets find a manager!

Your agenda against a board that has done nothing but try and improve us is becoming very tiresome.

Ignore it then instead of becomming a stalker and responding to every post I make on the subject. Ignore it just like I did with your agenda against MON over the last four years which I also found tiring.

Cant we just patch things up with Oneill?

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the General's view that MON thought himself to be bigger than the club, I think any attempt to patch things up with O'Neill would set a very dangerous precedent in Owner/Manager relations.

I accept it would seriously bring the authority of the owner into question, but politics aside, I actually think it would be the best course of action for the club.

That said, I dont think for one minute it would happen, as Richard has said, those bridges seem to have been damaged, if not burnt completely.

Very conveniently?

It is convenient no one said it was deliberate.

I think you're sounding a bit like a conspiracy-theorist Richard but I think that there may be an element of truth in it. I think we certainly are more financially focussed now than we were before and are trying to economise a bit, as it were, but I don't think the board are working hard to avoid any sort of outlay. I hope not anyway.

Very conveniently?

Megson seems a bit of an extreme example. I am sure the board could have taken 20 seconds finding Mons replacement and came up with a better manager than Megson.

As it is they have had 16 days and counting. If it was my job to find a new manager, for one of the biggest names in British football who had re-established themselves as a top 6 club, if you gave me 16 days to find a manager I'm confident I could have a very good one in place by now.

It will certainly be interesting to see if all the waiting has been worthwhile and if that waiting is justified when the new manager is eventually appointed.

Very conveniently?

Megson seems a bit of an extreme example. I am sure the board could have taken 20 seconds finding Mons replacement and came up with a better manager than Megson.

As it is they have had 16 days and counting. If it was my job to find a new manager, for one of the biggest names in British football who had re-established themselves as a top 6 club, if you gave me 16 days to find a manager I'm confident I could have a very good one in place by now.

It will certainly be interesting to see if all the waiting has been worthwhile and if that waiting is justified when the new manager is eventually appointed.

I love how when MON was signing players he needed all the time in the world to research and decide which would be best for the club.

Now with a manager and a board to attack its suddenly pretty easy to find a manager in no time at all.

Does the similar if not same research and consideration apply for a managers appointment?

Very conveniently?

I love how when MON was signing players he needed all the time in the world to research and decide which would be best for the club.

Now with a manager and a board to attack its suddenly pretty easy to find a manager in no time at all.

Does the similar if not same research and consideration apply for a managers appointment?

I would say it is more important and should take more time tbh.

this has been randys first big challenging test since he has come and so far he has failed, and failed badly

Are you talking about the MON depature, lack of transfer funds, the Milner sale or the time its taking to get a replacement in? Or is it a combination of everything?

Potato Head, give us a wave, Potato 'tato, give us a wave!

:crylaugh:

If we are looking for a season long fix how about the likes of Ron Atkinson, Brian Little or John Gregory? :winkold:

I think Bradley is the only manager who has come out and said he really wants the job and that is a positive as is what he has done as a national manager. But, the list of managers we want and those who would jump at the opportunity is not a long one, if there is one at all.

Very conveniently?

I'm sorry if I've misread, but it's not suddenly pretty easy to find a manager in no time at all. We simply don't have one yet after 16 days.

If this would have happened 1-2 months ago I think it would have been "A LOT" easier than it is now as some managers i.e Mark Hughes wasn't in a job or it would have been easier to tempt one of the other managers away from the clubs they're in.

2 weeks into the season managers don't want to leave the clubs they're in, in limbo.

I'm sorry if I've misread, but it's not suddenly pretty easy to find a manager in no time at all. We simply don't have one yet after 16 days.

If this would have happened 1-2 months ago I think it would have been "A LOT" easier than it is now as some managers i.e Mark Hughes wasn't in a job or it would have been easier to tempt one of the other managers away from the clubs they're in.

2 weeks into the season managers don't want to leave the clubs they're in, in limbo.

I think you've misread, i'm saying it shouldn't be easy.

But when there is a board to blame for everything it should be easy apparently.

Very conveniently?

Out of interest Mark what manager would you have in place by now?

Very conveniently?

Which is down to MON IMO!!! He seems to have had doubts since the end of last season but decided to wait to 5 days before the season started!!! The only thing the board should have done with hindsight is sack him in June!!