Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ottmar Hitzfeld according to some wikipedia rebel.

His article was edited with the note - "Edited information on Ottmar Hitzfeld's current job and future job as he will be made Aston Villa manager on Friday.".

If only.

His article was edited with the note - "Edited information on Ottmar Hitzfeld's current job and future job as he will be made Aston Villa manager on Friday.".

If only.

Yes I just checked and it does say that...That about sums up what Ginger has been saying.

Apologies for my lack of response. I've had a lot of things on.

Mr. Lerner prefers to be discreet with these things, which is why there has not been a sniff.

Unfortunately if I mention a name, then I will be liable. However the new manager has managed at International Level before, and one of his targets has played under him. I maintain still that the manager will be revealed within the media on Thursday, with an official press conference on Friday. There are 3 main transfer targets, a defender, a midfielder (this is the player that has worked under the new manager), and a striker. Deals for the midfielder and the striker will be completed prior to the Everton game, whereas there has been a delay on the defender deal due to wages. Unfortunately I cannot confirm when this player will join.

That's what Ginger posted yesterday, first I thought klinsman, but then I thought Hitzfeld...But I thought maybe bullshit also.

If only.

According to oddschecker,

OH is still 50/1 on paddypower.com

28/1 on victor chandler

Hiddink is the only outstanding candidate. The other guys have massive chinks in their armour. Even Klinsman. Hiddink would take us, the top six team and after a couple of seasons secure 5th spot, maybe a good cup run. then a few more years break top 4.

He'd be a great appointment though, wouldn't he?

I do realise that it's probably bollocks... but it'd be nice.

Yes, I think he would be the right man for the job.

We'll just have to wait and see now, we have to live in hope sometimes no matter how small.

Somebody mentioned he was at game in Vienna the other night.

Hitzfeld is a great manager but doesnt speak English very well and has said he will retire after Euro 2012

According to wiki (I know, I know), he's fluent in English.

Hiddink will never come, he's globetrotting the world and earning millions. Plus if he goes back to club management then he's off to someone a lot bigger than Aston Villa.

This. He turned down Inter Milan(European Champions) for Turkey so why would he come to Villa

Bring sammer, kohler and moller out of retirement and dust off the sweeper formation.

Jokes aside i'd like him, he'd make us a monster of a team to break down at the very least. Wouldn't exactly inspire with the football on display but then again I haven't been inspired at VP for almost a decade!

Doubtful though.