Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stupid comment.

MoN has not been gone for just over a fortnight, get real mate.

:lol: you really crack me with some of your lame responses like this one, adds nothing to the debate whatsoever

the whole managerial appointment system has been a complete farce. instead of getting someone in or even start interviewing since mon left we have had nothing. not a peep

no-ones been approached they are hoping mac can do well for next two games as its the easy option to take. so by the time someones appointed we dont have time to get anyone else or to access the squad.

yes mon leaving wasnt good timing but MON has only ever had one year, rolling contracts wherever he has been so Lerner or someone at the club must have always had a shortlist or at least maintained contact with some managers in the interim in case of this scenario. if not then it is a poor way of running a business, let alone a football club that relies on continuity. we were heading in the right direction and needed to improve a couple of positions each season but having sold milner we have gone backwards this year I think.

Isn't Hitzfield a very boring defensive manager? Or was that just the Swiss team because they're not very good. Don't know much about him, it's probably rubbish though.

You cant call a manager who has won 18 major titles including 7 German League Titles and two Champions League boring. I dont care what football we play as long as it works.

Isn't Hitzfield a very boring defensive manager? Or was that just the Swiss team because they're not very good. Don't know much about him, it's probably rubbish though.

You cant call a manager who has won 18 major titles including 7 German League Titles and two Champions League boring. I dont care what football we play as long as it works.

Me neither, but I know a lot of fans criticised MON for playing boring football. I'd be happy with nearly any manager, I'm keeping an open mind 8)

yeah it's not like he's managing brazil? it's fookin turkey. no offense to turks. Inter Milan to Villa is like Brazil to Turkey.

he is probably on about 6 million a year at Turkey which we couldnt pay plus he turned down an offer from Inter before he went to Turkey

the whole managerial appointment system has been a complete farce. instead of getting someone in or even start interviewing since mon left we have had nothing. not a peep

no-ones been approached they are hoping mac can do well for next two games as its the easy option to take. so by the time someones appointed we dont have time to get anyone else or to access the squad.

I wonder Dem, why you think this?

As there is no evidence to back it up really...

Well from K Macs interview on SSN just has thrown any chance of a new manager being announced tomorrow out the window!

Not at all, they're not going to publicy come out and say they've got someone lined up already, he could just be stalling the media from getting hold of the story.

If it's Hitzfeld, he would have to announce he stepping down from the Swiz team manager firstly I would think.

If Hitzfeld is still managing Switzerland (?), then he doesn't really fit into GingerLad's description. GL seems to be implying that the manager has previously managed at international level, but is not currently doing so.

However the new manager has managed at International Level before, and one of his targets has played under him.

If Hitzfeld is still managing Switzerland (?), then he doesn't really fit into GingerLad's description. GL seems to be implying that the manager has previously managed at international level, but is not currently doing so.

However the new manager has managed at International Level before, and one of his targets has played under him.

Maybe he thought he is currently out of work?

Maybe he thought he is currently out of work?

Rookie error, clearly not trustworthy.

When you read some of the crap managers people have posted in this thread a manager like Hitz seems like gold dust.

Not that I get excited about gold dust, but I think he will give this club the lift it needs. More so if he has players lined up to bring in.

Excited isn't the word I would use anyway...I can't stop twitching.