Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If it is Hitzfeld, that would be fine by me. He knows the game inside out and has plenty of pedigree. If he is unvieled on Friday as it says on his wiki page or next week, then I will congratulate the General personally. But with the recent comments by K Mac sayign he won't decide until after the Toffees then I am dubious about this.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has a rumour that involved an early change on wiki ever come true? I'd like it if we appointed Hitzfeld, but I can't really bring myself to believe this. But you buggers got me hoping for it. :cry:

Not the only photo of him around Villa Park or with Villa people, this was taken before the Newcastle match, apparently Lerner and Faulkner wanted to speak to him more than once before making their decision but Hitzfeld was insistent on doing the deal then via a verbal agreement and firm hand shake.

34owkuw.jpg

Not the only photo of him around Villa Park or with Villa people, this was taken before the Newcastle match, apparently Lerner and Faulkner wanted to speak to him more than once before making their decision but Hitzfeld was insistent on doing the deal then via a verbal agreement and firm hand shake.

34owkuw.jpg

He looks like his arm comes out half way down his body and he doesn't have an elbow.

It was worth us waiting for Dunne, Collins and Warnock, and it's worth us waiting for the right manager too.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried right now. If it turns out to be Bradley / Staunton etc, then that might change :lol:

34owkuw.jpg

Fail.

If Hitzfeld is still managing Switzerland (?), then he doesn't really fit into GingerLad's description. GL seems to be implying that the manager has previously managed at international level, but is not currently doing so.

However the new manager has managed at International Level before, and one of his targets has played under him.

Oh my God - it's Lawrie Sanchez :shock:

If Hitzfeld is still managing Switzerland (?), then he doesn't really fit into GingerLad's description. GL seems to be implying that the manager has previously managed at international level, but is not currently doing so.

However the new manager has managed at International Level before, and one of his targets has played under him.

Oh my God - it's Lawrie Sanchez :shock:

No It's Mick McCarthey