Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Grayson?

Really dont see what him being in a good united team has to do with anything. Shall we get pallister in aswell?

there are a few people saying a few of the mentioned managers not gaining the respect of our 'star' players. So I was pointing out that whilst bruce may not have won much managerial wise, he certainly was part of a great team and he learnt off a great manager.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gf is a Leicester fan (she was more gutted about MON leaving us than I was), so I've been to a few games over the years and follow news on them. I've got to say I was very impressed with Nigel Person as a manager, I know he's just gone to Hull but I'm sure we would turn his head. I'd much prefer him than any of the names the bookies have had in the running (bar Jol).

why though?

because he accepted a job he was offered by a club who happen to be close to ours?

I remember him joking with some villa fans when we sang sit down potato head to him..he's a really nice guy. Plus everyone on here seems to think we should get a high profile manager - 12 years ago he was part of one of the best teams in English History..how d'ya like dem apples? :)

If we did appoint him, he would not get booed and if he did, 1 win would change that :D

He's missed the boat in IMO done nothing at sunderland, where he was suppossed to turn them into a top 6 challenger. And he hates the villa.

Really dont see what him being in a good united team has to do with anything. Shall we get pallister in aswell?

Exactly he probably spent as much as we did last year and they came no where? He seemed to have the knack of finding a few gems at Wigan but the guy has never acheived anymore than mid table medioctrity with any of his clubs?

Not for us IMO!

Again Moyes is quite over rated as he hasn't won anything and he has had a fair bit of money to spend after selling average players for big money?

Don't know who I would like personally, I have always rated Jol but he seems stuck at a cash strapped Ajax, Sven seems to have gone lazy since the England job, Bradley is a complete unknown quantity, Kev Mc has never really managed on a day to day basis and Hughes has just gone to Fulham (again he seems to be in the over-rated bracket aswell).

The choices are really quite woeful unless Randy goes out and offer alot of compo to a team for an established man?

Bruce can **** the fuckity **** off. He's really struggling at Sunderland. Lower to mid prem at best is his level and he really hasn't shown anything to deserve better than that.

I think that there are only 2 real options here:

a) Get in an experienced manager (Age: 50+ who knows either the prem or European competition well and has achieved something either here or abroad) E.g. Sven-Goran Eriksson or Martin Jol.

B) Get in a younger dynamic manager with a lot of drive and ambition who has proven themselves in the lower leagues. E.g. Paul Lambert.

I think option a) would be preferable from a point of stability.

Bruce can **** the fuckity **** off. He's really struggling at Sunderland. Lower to mid prem at best is his level and he really hasn't shown anything to deserve better than that.

a) Get in an experienced manager (Age: 50+ who knows either the prem or European competition well and has achieved something either here or abroad) E.g. Sven-Goran Eriksson or Martin Jol.

B) Get in a younger dynamic manager with a lot of drive and ambition who has proven themselves in the lower leagues. E.g. Paul Lambert.

If you go for B, then we might aswell stick with KM, and see whom is available at the turn of Xmas.

The problem with option a is that Sven doesn't give a shit and Jol is out of our reach imo.

Option b is the best bet and i hope the one we go with.

A real random dream that K Mac was given the job on a years contract with a review christmas to see how it is going and if not so good or K Mac doesn't like it then he would return to the reserves and a new manager would be given 20m for the Jan transfer window.

I would much rather we spent £8m getting a manager in who can get the current crop of players firing than give it to an inexperienced manager who might waste it, and might not be able to get us playing that well. Our squad is good, but you can see the difference in ways they can play by looking at the first two premier league games of the season.

Jol is the answer.

Option B would be very carefully researched and considered imo and would take time....

As it would need to be an up and coming manager who had shown potential and developed rather than some any old tom dick and harry.

I think, very conveniently, we will not see a manager in place until after the window closes.

I mean what could he do now anyway in 5 days or so in terms of assessing the squad and bringing in players to help that? nada

We will see no signings this summer and I doubt we will see any in January as that is "notoriously bad to get players of the right quality"