Barry Bannan

villianusa

Excellent team play prior to the second goal. Bannan controlled the passing in the midfield. Patient stuff. Then the attack, then the goal. Took up a great position, nearly scored himself. Might count as an assist.

Edited by Con

Excellent team play prior to the second goal. Bannan controlled the passing in the midfield. Patient stuff. Then the attack, then the goal. Took up a great position, nearly scored himself. Might count as an assist.

I agree.

The build up to the winner was largely down to Bannan. Only problem is it was in a game we could get it down and get time on the ball, that's not going to happen too often.

The build up to the winner was largely down to Bannan. Only problem is it was in a game we could get it down and get time on the ball, that's not going to happen too often.

You are smuggling in a criticism through pointless negativity.

In football you create your own space through anticipation, good movement and accurate passing. That is what we did for a few spells in the game.

You can do that against the best teams and against the worst.

As everything in the game, playing like that require confidence... our team's confidence is brittle because they make mistakes, so we only perform intermittently. 

Confidence gets up... good play... someone makes a mistake, and it collapses and we're a mess. As they get more experienced they'll get more consistent at doing what we see in the good spells of play.

Confidence gets up... good play... someone makes a mistake, and it collapses and we're a mess. As they get more experienced they'll get more consistent at doing what we see in the good spells of play.

Our defenders have made 2 calamitous errors in our last two games yet we have gone from strength to strength in those games.

good combo between the 3 midfielders today, looked a good little unit all moving and playing off each other, gave us control, was falling apart before nzogbia came on but once he did our ability to control the midfield was non existent

IMO the same 3 should start vs QPR, if nzogbia plays he has to be one of the front 3 not in the middle

Bannan played well today, what i noticed from him today which was different to other games was the fact he has suddenly got more adventurous. For the first goal, if Benteke hadn't of pulled away Bannan was following in to get on the end of the pull back and was unlucky not to score when he hit the post. Other than that he was his usual neat and tidy self in midfield, kept things ticking over with some concise passing(especially in the build up to the second goal). Gave the ball away twice, but thats to be expected as it was his first game back for a few weeks. 

On a separate note, I heard the commentators saying Bannan was suffering from a hip injury and thats why he wasn't getting picked.    

I thought he did pretty well today, as did Sylla.

However, Reading are terrible in midfield, so I don't think this proves him worthy of a regular starting place.

I just don't get what his role is; he can't tackle, doesn't bully the opposition (quite the opposite), his passing is no better than Westwood or Delph (but no worse) - he wlways seems to make up the numbers to me.

But he does give a shit - his reaction at the end of the game was excellent, and players who care should never be hated by fans.