Barry Bannan

villianusa

I am sure that Bannan got subbed for trying to be Barry big bollox again. 5 mins before he went we had kept possession for quite some when Bannan, with options, decided to try to turn a Reading player (ala Clarke last week) and lost the ball in a critical area. Lambert went absolutely spare and Bannan spent the next 1 minute apologising to his team mates and to the bench.

• Like 1

Ban an controlled the passing in MF today along with WestWood. Sylvia was a big part of enabling them to be able to do it. These 3 have to start v QPR. MF is QPR weakness and these three will control it

…he does give a shit - his reaction at the end of the game was excellent, and players who care should never be hated by fans.

Quite right too. We've seen enough clearings in the woods putting the shirt on without giving a shit.

…he does give a shit - his reaction at the end of the game was excellent, and players who care should never be hated by fans.

Quite right too. We've seen enough clearings in the woods putting the shirt on without giving a shit.

100% agree.

If I was playing for Villa I'd be giving my all every week but you would **** hate me.

There is a balance between caring and being shit and not caring and being excellent you know.

It all boils down to the result. Bannan was ok today but had we lost he and Lambert would have been crucified.

It will be the same each game and although I don't think Bannan is a bad player I don't think he is good enough to win fans over once they've made their mind up about him.

Big difference with him today was he wasnt hitting 30 yard passes at every chance he got.

to be fair, the stats show he doesn't do that very regularly at all. they just tend to stick out when he does. it's 1-2 a game max usually

awful, just awful

We've picked up allot more points when he's on than when he isn't. Opposite to Bennett. What does that say about Bannan.

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good whinge. Better just to let him tire himself out then resume normal conversation. 

thing i like about him he never stops running and makes some good interceptions, plus he always tries to pass forward.

with Westwood taking most set pieces we also don't have Bannan's awful corners going against him. 

Edited by VillanousOne

Yup another win with Bazzer on the pitch. He did get caught a few times but he does ​help us keep possession Barca style...we always have healthy possession stats when he's on....of course he isn't Xavi or Iniesta so will get caught at times but his game is based on exactly what they do....I would like him to develop a Pirlo like eye for a decisive pass...I think he has the accuracy in him to do that.

The Bannan crux continues.  

Edited by supernova26

Big difference with him today was he wasnt hitting 30 yard passes at every chance he got.

Absolutely this.

He played really simple stuff today with nothing flash - probably due to instructions from Lambert and maybe a little because his confidence is bound to be shot. I think he tried 3 shots from about 30 yards where he would have been far better passing out wide, missed what was pretty much an open goal, and then criminally gave possession away with a few minutes left which led to some quite intense pressure from Reading at a crucial time. The fact that even despite all of this it was one of his better performances of the season simply highlights the fact just how bad he has been.

6/10 for me today.

Cut out the hollywood passes and you have an incredibly average player, which is better than the liability that he can be, though he still isn't Premiership quality.

Absolutely this.

He played really simple stuff today with nothing flash - probably due to instructions from Lambert and maybe a little because his confidence is bound to be shot. I think he tried 3 shots from about 30 yards where he would have been far better passing out wide, missed what was pretty much an open goal, and then criminally gave possession away with a few minutes left which led to some quite intense pressure from Reading at a crucial time. The fact that even despite all of this it was one of his better performances of the season simply highlights the fact just how bad he has been.

6/10 for me today.

Cut out the hollywood passes and you have an incredibly average player, which is better than the liability that he can be, though he still isn't Premiership quality.

Your comment sums him up. "An incredibly average player" and that's when he plays well!

He really adds very little and was only on the park because Delph was suspended. The sooner we get shot of him the better IMO.

Absolutely this.

6/10 for me today.

Your comment sums him up. "An incredibly average player" and that's when he plays well!

He really adds very little and was only on the park because Delph was suspended. The sooner we get shot of him the better IMO.

have to agree, he's not the future of Villa