Barry Bannan

villianusa

No, it's more of a thing when running away from players, there was a time he ran with it from central position out wide, with the ball never really in control and then was shoved off it. He was sort of waiting and expecting it. As I said, I'd need to show it on video because it's not exactly explainable.

He was our best player against Blues and should start against Fulham. Easily our best technical player along with Ireland, if Houllier wants us to pass the ball on the floor then Bannan needs to be first choice starting from Saturday, i think he may be as well judging from GH's comments.

I thought dribbling using the outside of your foot was a deliberate move to help with speed. You can run faster if you're not turning your toes out to strike the ball.

I thought his touch, control, and confidence in traffic were not perfect, but something we need a lot more of.

Impressed with this lad Vs Blues. Far more of a player than Sidwell. Far more of a footballer than Petrov and Reo-coker its just whether we would be too lightweight with him in the middle. I would love to see Bannan in a 3 man midfield.

Could we play:

-------------------------Ireland--------Bannan-----------------------

-----------------------------------NRC--------------------------------

I question whether that would be too lightweight, but i would like to see it given a try.

He's from Airdrie, not the Highlands! North Lanarkshire Messi maybe! :lol:

Seriously though, I like this kid. He was poor against Burnley but they targeted him I thought. I thought they did it deliberately because he was causing havoc against Blackburn.

Most technically gifted player at Villa IMO.

Still doesn't overtake Clark in my "Favourite Villa kid 10/11" list though

Should have started against Sha. Instead we went ultra defensive. Understandable against a very good side maybe but against that shower at home it was, if not unexpected from Houllier, still a little baffling.

If Houllier can't get a performance out of Ireland then this lad certainly needs to be starting games.

Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan is almost certain to be called up to the Scotland squad for the friendly against the Faroe Islands.

Scotland boss Craig Levein intends to bring in some fresh faces for the match at Pittodrie later in November, with Bannan set to be named after some impressive displays for his club so far this season.

The former Dundee United manager also admitted he will be leaving out some of Scotland's more established campaigners due to the amount of games they had been playing for their clubs in recent times.

"I don't want to sit here and name the squad because we'll be doing that in the next weeks," he said.

"But there will be one or two of the more experienced guys who won't be in as I feel they've had a lot of games recently.

"I want to win so I want to keep the nucleus of the team together but I will be adding.

"The plan is to bring Barry Bannan into the group as he's impressed me in the Under 21s and is appearing for Aston Villa.

"That's the kind of indication that I want to look further afield, not just with the group that we've got but for the future, so there will be two or three of the younger lads in as well."

http://tinyurl.com/2wdmdhz

Should have started against Sha. Instead we went ultra defensive. Understandable against a very good side maybe but against that shower at home it was, if not unexpected from Houllier, still a little baffling.

If Houllier can't get a performance out of Ireland then this lad certainly needs to be starting games.

I hear that wee Barry is getting slightly frustrated as they keep telling him that the game is not really one for him - probably meaning its too physical. This is probably not an unrealistic thing to say for the derby BUT Fulham on Saturday must be the most suitable game for Barry of the season? And I'm sure he'll be looking for the opportunity to challenge Hangelaand in the air! :winkold: