Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan reminds me an awful lot pf Peter Beardsley.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed he will be as good.

He height I don't think is too much of an issue, he'll need to build up is strength but he's a young lad let him finish growing first.

Great Tekkers though!

Messi, Maradona, Juninho were all small.

Let's hope he's better than all of those. :D

I'm really glad that Bannan is being given a chance under Houllier.

I was disappointed last year when MON mentioned his lack of chances in the Premiership because of his height.

Let's hope he gets more chances and gets used to the Premiership.

I like the idea of having Bannan, Delph, Clark, Albrighton & Delfouneso as our options on the bench. A bit of young enthusiasm to bring on instead of Sidwell/ Beye or Carew..

Have you seen him play much at all, because if you are saying that solely on his 15 Premier League minutes and 1 game against Vienna its a bit harsh,

Most people who rate him have seen a lot more of him so i'd trust their judgement.

no not just based on his prem games as clearly he hasnt played much. i watche dhim on loan last season looked ok, not brilliant. and some rserve games.

but i agree the manager would have seen him more so if he rates him tahts enough for me. he surely cannot eb worse than osbourne! how he is at villa still i will never know

Watched it. Very entertaining. Bannan looked quality as did Maguire the goalscorer.

How about Sigurdsson? Obviously he scored two so he can't have done too badly but I thought he looked very good against us for Reading in the FA Cup last year. Looked every inch a Premiership player.

Watched it. Very entertaining. Bannan looked quality as did Maguire the goalscorer.

How about Sigurdsson? Obviously he scored two so he can't have done too badly but I thought he looked very good against us for Reading in the FA Cup last year. Looked every inch a Premiership player.

sigurdsson is quality, can't believe he's still turning out for their u21s i would have thought he'd be their best senior player. was hoping we might have gone in for him over the summer but i think he ended up at Hoffenheim scored a free-kick in first appearance i think

I imagine that Iceland probably see this generation of players as being more important than the relative dross in the senior side. They could actually achieve something in the U21's next summer so they may aswell use them at this age group and go for it. They've plenty of time to move up to the seniors.

Who does Maguire play for he looked pretty good, as did our Barry.
Hands off! He plays for Aberdeen :mrgreen:

Though no doubt one of the bigotted Glasgee words removed will be after him in January now.