Barry Bannan

villianusa

He can't be far off a full cap. He's done well for their U21's. I'd say he's certainly knocking on the door of a senior call. I might watch that tonight. You'd think he'd get plenty of space and opportunity against Iceland.

I'll probably be going to the game, looking forward to seeing Bannan in action. Certainly promising words from Houllier.

This is being treated as a really important game for Iceland because this is the best generation of footballers we have ever produced so it's not going to be easy for the Scots.

This is being treated as a really important game for Iceland because this is the best generation of footballers we have ever produced so it's not going to be easy for the Scots.

It's very impressive that Iceland have gotten to the cusp of qualifying for a finals tournament so they must be a great set of youngsters :thumb: Who are the stars in that side that are worth keeping an eye on?

It's very impressive that Iceland have gotten to the cusp of qualifying for a finals tournament so they must be a great set of youngsters :thumb: Who are the stars in that side that are worth keeping an eye on?

The main star is definitely Gylfi Sigurdsson, who signed for Hoffenheim this summer from Reading. His set pieces are absolutely deadly and he's already scored from two free kicks for Hoffenheim. He's also got great vision and technique. If he applies himself he can go very far.

Then there are Johann Gudmundsson and Kolbeinn Sigthorsson from AZ Alkmaar. Gudmundsson is a tricky left winger and Sigthorsson is striker, tall, powerful and good finisher. Both are in the starting lineup for AZ.

I would also mention Rurik Gislason who plays for OB in Denmark. He's a right winger and already a key player in the senior international side.

Then there are players like Eggert Jonsson (Hearts), Aron Gunnarson (Coventry) and Birkir Bjarnason (Viking).

i might get shot for this but i dont see where the hypes coming from, i havent seen much at all to get me excited about from him

Have you seen him play much at all, because if you are saying that solely on his 15 Premier League minutes and 1 game against Vienna its a bit harsh,

Most people who rate him have seen a lot more of him so i'd trust their judgement.

Scotland U21 boss said this.....

"Gerard Houllier speaks highly of him and was going to start him at Spurs last week until he changed his mind at the last minute, so he obviously rates him very highly."

Houllier also mentioned that he wasn't going to play Albrighton so I think he was going to play Bannan instead of Albrighton but changed his mind right at the last minute.

Bannan reminds me an awful lot pf Peter Beardsley.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed he will be as good.

He height I don't think is too much of an issue, he'll need to build up is strength but he's a young lad let him finish growing first.

Great Tekkers though!