andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55million for Downing and Carroll

51million for Silva and Dzeko

Liverpool...

Playing devils advocate for a sec (as I dislike Liverpool also), it's not like Liverpool had a chance to sign Silva and Dzeko, those players would not have gone to Liverpool with their wage structure.

Furthermore they did manage to sign Suarez and Enrique for something like £24m total so they have had some transfer success, whilst Man City spent nearly £60m on Lescott and Tevez. If you were to compare those transfers Liverpool look the genius's and Man City the fools.

In other words, you haven't exactly made a fair comparison there picking one teams worst transfers to another (very different) teams best.

I also think he will come good for them eventually, though Im not sure if this is the point.

He was bought at the age of 26 to go straight into the side and start performing. He's 27 now, and if it takes him another year to find his true form, then he'll already be entering the later stages of his career, by which point Suarez might have already left out of frustration. As a pacey winger, he certainly needs to start finding some form, otherwise his England prospects will be a distant memory. He basically has the Euros as his best chance of starring in a major tournament; I can't see England wanting to introduce a 29 year old winger into the team going into the Brazilian World Cup.

It would serve him right if he fell out of favour with England for the Euros!

...and it would make supporting the national side easier too!

I dont see the point in taking him personally, and the same could be said for Andy Carroll.

We're not going to be playing 2 up front, because this has now become our weakest area. So we should be looking to take players who can play the forward role a bit better, e.g. Young, Walcott, Sturridge, Agbonlahor. Downing is better suited to playing as a traditional winger in a 442.

• 2 weeks later...
Â