Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

I am glad to see the back of the useless t**t. £20m? he was overpriced at £12m. Will be glad to see a cheaper Charlie N'Zog take his place with Albri on the other wing. If we can get Given, Charlie and Scotty for what we sold the turncoat for i'll be happy.

Agreed, though he was good last season in a really dire team. Just frigging hope those three come in

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing that pizzed me off was when eck got the job he had this meeting with some chosen fans that mystery man leaked on some of the message boards with stuff like "we're gonna play exciting football with wingers Gabby and Benty up front 4-4-****-2

Downing not for sale unless we get 50mil.

Then what happens? they let him got for 20m.

So Big Eck now looks like a bigger joker than he did to start with.

the thing that pizzed me off was when eck got the job he had this meeting with some chosen fans that mystery man leaked on some of the message boards with stuff like "we're gonna play exciting football with wingers Gabby and Benty up front 4-4-****-2

Agreed.

I dont think McLeish has had any input or was even being consulted about Ash and Downing going etc

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=69395&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Agreed.

I dont think McLeish has had any input or was even being consulted about Ash and Downing going etc

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=69395&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

i think you're both naive.

Downing put in a transfer request though. That changed everything. Its better to just get the best price and sell at that point. The same thing is happening with Modric at Spurs. He will be a Chelsea player come next season. Thats football.

So no...it didnt make Eck look like a bigger joker than he did to start with.

Agreed.

Naive for believing what McLeish said and the clubs reported position on Downing?

Yes i guess i was.

Agreed.

Naive for believing what McLeish said and the clubs reported position on Downing?

Yes i guess i was.

For thinking that McLeish and Lerner didn't discuss the possibility of him and Young leaving in the job interview. For thinking that saying £50m wasn't anything more than 'come and give me a lot of money'. He always wanted out, they (as in, the board and alex) knew and didn't want to keep an ungrateful rocket polisher, so bled the shit out of Liverpool. And now we have £20m. good.

Didnt even thank us in interview after stud by him wen injured. But I won't boo him wen he returns. £8 profit made not 2 shabby. Had one he was a good player and thats it 20 million for a player who doesn't tackle and can go missing in games is good business like Young he will find out that its hard to shine in a good side.

Couldn't care less. 20m is great business for a guy who is surely one of the most overrated players in the league? Inconsistent, total lightweight, one foot... he was the best of a bad bunch last season as far as I'm concerned.

All that nonsense he spouted not long ago about loving Villa and being determined to repay the club who took a big risk on him when he was injured. Good riddance. He will always be Steve McClarens overrated rent boy to me.

Agreed.

Yes i guess i was.

For thinking that McLeish and Lerner didn't discuss the possibility of him and Young leaving in the job interview. For thinking that saying £50m wasn't anything more than 'come and give me a lot of money'. He always wanted out, they (as in, the board and alex) knew and didn't want to keep an ungrateful rocket polisher, so bled the shit out of Liverpool. And now we have £20m. good.

This x1000.

As a diehard villafan it really hurted to watch him bottle out tackles all the time..so for that iam glad hes gone...now let's move on.
Interesting. Do you think when we bought him it was mainly for his tackling? If not, why did you worry about this (IMO largely imagined and certainly overrexaggerated) "bottling" out of tackles rather than just sit back and enjoy his ball control, passing and crossing skills?

(All of which we will miss seriously.)

As a diehard villafan it really hurted to watch him bottle out tackles all the time..so for that iam glad hes gone...now let's move on.
Interesting. Do you think when we bought him it was mainly for his tackling? If not, why did you worry about this (IMO largely imagined and certainly overrexaggerated) "bottling" out of tackles rather than just sit back and enjoy his ball control, passing and crossing skills?

Well i dont know what you require of someone pulling on the claret and blue shirt..but i want them not to act like a wussy evrytime there is a 50/50 chance of winning the ball..and he did just that!

Sit back and enjoy his ball control,passing and crossing skills ? you make it sound like he is messi or some world beater...very over rated player IMO

Well i dont know what you require of someone pulling on the claret and blue shirt..but i want them not to act like a wussy evrytime there is a 50/50 chance of winning the ball..and he did just that!

Sit back and enjoy his ball control,passing and crossing skills ? you make it sound like he is messi or some world beater...very over rated player IMO

That was the player he was. Geniune 50/50 happened about 10 times all season, he probably bottled all 10 of them, he probably recieved the ball 1000 times+ so I'd say the positives and importance of his game outweighed the negatives. His work ethic was still high, he also made a lot of sliding tackle, he just simply lacked bottle. Didn't make him a bad player.

Why do we always question players loyalty when they leave villa but not when they join?

Players are not loyal, dont expect them to be. If you pay them enough, they will stay. If you are ambitious, they will stay.

We need to stop expecting players to be 'loyal' to villa. They are not villa fans, they want money and success and until our football club stops selling its best players or is taken over by a wealthy arab, they are never going to be loyal.

I know its shit, but its just the way it is. It makes getting a players name on the back of your shirt harder than ever. You cant just choose the best player because you know your shirt will be outdated the following season!

Â