Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he's gutted and will be dying to come back now.

Nice comment!

I couldnt give a shit what he thinks, but it will break my heart to see the scousers win anything, and Gerard being out increases those chances!

I'm sure he's gutted and will be dying to come back now.

Nice comment!

I couldnt give a shit what he thinks, but it will break my heart to see the scousers win anything, and Gerard being out increases those chances!

Very true. If there is such a thing as a one man team, then Liverpool are it.

Interesting. Do you think when we bought him it was mainly for his tackling? If not, why did you worry about this (IMO largely imagined and certainly overrexaggerated) "bottling" out of tackles rather than just sit back and enjoy his ball control, passing and crossing skills?

What bothered me more about downing was in his first season here, was not bottling tackles, it was taking himself out of harms way. In those few months there were times when it needed someone at the backpost to stick their foot or their head in for goal scoring opportunities. And he bottled all of them. Those few opportunities, the odd goal could have changed a lot about that season. He's a wuss. Good money for him.

Gerrard is coming to an end anyway, we won't see the best of him anymore.

Suarez is their main man now and he's going to take some stopping.

said this since the suarez wankfest started, on the way up I've no doubt he'll be a great signing and a very good player, it's on the way down I want to see him

come December when they are around 7th and 'king kenny' has worn the name out that's when I want to see suarez, gerrard can win games on his own I've got a sneaking feeling suarez won't be seen till the sun comes back in march

Almost 60m worth of players there. 60. Million.

Pathetic how they've overspent! Citeh paid less for Silva, De Jong and Kompany. Who would I rather have!? Hmmmm.

• 1 month later...
"People said I didn't show any loyalty but you've got to make the most of your career in any job and [Liverpool] is a step up.

"I just thought I'm 27 and it was my chance to go to the next level and if I didn't take it now, I won't get that chance again."

He's being proven **** right though, isn't he?

Yeah but can he really use loyalty as a card? **** weasel faced word removed.
Is he attempting to use loyalty as a card? or explaining why he didn't

He was totally right to do what he did and for me I do not hold that against him at all.

Class player who we could not build around or keep, hardly his fault

Â