The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He didn't play the percentages - which is to head it down into the ground. Went for the spectacular diving header and completely mistimed it. Such a beautiful cross, incredible how he missed that. Got in the right position, which is a plus, but wow what a miss.

I'm sure he was desperate to score and not thinking about the highlight reel but that is experience right there. If that was in the Premier League Lambert would be screaming at him after the game asking why he didn't head it down.

It's his layoff in the first place out wide and good movement to be in spcae for the resulting cross. Looks like he tries to get over it and head it down to be fair but times it badly.

not the end of the world by any stretch. at least he had the vision and the foresight to play it wide and get in a position to score from the cross, both valuable traits long term, worth thinkgin about that rather than him mistiming a header.

• Like 2

It's his layoff in the first place out wide and good movement to be in spcae for the resulting cross. Looks like he tries to get over it and head it down to be fair but times it badly.

not the end of the world by any stretch. at least he had the vision and the foresight to play it wide and get in a position to score from the cross, both valuable traits long term, worth thinkgin about that rather than him mistiming a header.

Agree with this, nice to see him run into a position that hurts the opposition.

He didn't play the percentages - which is to head it down into the ground. Went for the spectacular diving header and completely mistimed it. Such a beautiful cross, incredible how he missed that. Got in the right position, which is a plus, but wow what a miss.

I'm sure he was desperate to score and not thinking about the highlight reel but that is experience right there. If that was in the Premier League Lambert would be screaming at him after the game asking why he didn't head it down.

Lol

Lol

Stop it!

This. Im very impressed as a winger hes doing this and making the runs to get in that position. These are things jack needs to do to improve his game... and his shooting :@ !!!

However tbf con, ive agreed with some of your statements before regarding jack and even other posts aswell. Do think at times you've made some good points. But I really cant agree with your opinion on this one. Especially the fact youve said jacks 6 foot something which makes me think you could be joking.

Bottom line is jack missed a sitter and should have scored. In saying that I seriously doubt much training will go into it as it usually isn't what a winger should be learning. Granted there will be the odd one or two and its even better if they can head a ball well. But I call a little over reaction on this one.

However if you want to talk about him not getting his shots off and passing it all the time im more than happy to agree with you ffs !?!?! Haha

Sorry about getting his height wrong.  there are wingers who are good at heading the ball but at 5'10" heading is probably not something that will be a big part of his game. it will probably be shrugged off rather than "noted".

however, it's not the timing side of the heading that is most concerning, it's the choice of header. decision-making.  the co-commentators and the MOTD pundits always say "head it down."

Am I the only one who remembers this? It's a mantra.

It's only one shot and he probably thought the keeper was in a good position to save it if he headed it down, however it could have gone through his legs or he could got a rebound off the keeper.

heading down into the ground is the best way to get headers on target. 

Edited by Con

Sorry about getting his height wrong.  there are wingers who are good at heading the ball but at 5'10" heading is probably not something that will be a big part of his game. it will probably be shrugged off rather than "noted".

however, it's not the timing side of the heading that is most concerning, it's the choice of header. decision-making.  the co-commentators and the MOTD pundits always say "head it down."

It's only one shot and he probably thought the keeper was in a good position to save it if he headed it down, however it could have gone through his legs or he could got a rebound off the keeper.

Making far, far too much of one highlight.

• Like 1

Making far, far too much of one highlight.

we have far far too much time on our hands

The guy did not score - it happens to everyone. Give him a break and stop overanalysing everything.

• Like 1

Isn't that why he's gaining first team experience in league one, to learn those lessons there?

Also, if the error was a decision problem and not an inability to head correctly problem, isn't that more fixable?

Edited by Rovers13

I remember back when I was playing and I did something similar. I held the ball up and put it wide then sprinted in to the box to get on the end of it. It was a low cross towards the back post that somehow eluded the keeper. I tried to get on the end of it but misjudged the flight and it hit me right in the balls. It rolled over the goal line and that was my 3rd goal in a 5-2 win against our rivals. My point is sometimes it hits you in the balls.

One of the great lessons in life is making sure you give your balls the opportunity in the first place. All the great moments in life happen when your balls are in the right place at the right time.

Let's be honest, he should have scored or at least hit the target. But, heading ability can be worked on and I am sure he will get better with age and experience. Also It looks like he mis-timed it more than any technical issue, which I bet is easily done when the ball is whipped in and people in front are going for the ball.

Talking about his overall performance I thought he did alright. Got rated better than the rest of the notts team in the papers. However thought he should have done more. As mentioned some wolves fans were impressed with him.

Just frustrates me the way he wont get his shots off. Always looking to give it to someone else and supply them for a chance. Something he needs to work on for sure. Towards the last 15 minutes he done it so many times. We always tell him but I think thats the sort of player he is. I think with confidence and experience this will come. However it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later as he will get a lot more recognition by scoring a few more.

As a winger I understand its not their main job but to become successful he needs to add this. Ive just reiterated myself a lot there I know lol. But considering hes improved his defensive duties since being out on loan this needs to be the next.

• Like 1

The MOTD pundits never say he has to head it down when someone fires a bullet header past the keeper at head height - it that case it's 'great finishing'....

• Like 1

Â