The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well apparently he is back in two weeks according to the Dr. 

Very much doubt this and I'd be surprised if we ever saw him again. I don't know how good he is but we better hope he is amazing because with our current squad we have no chance of promotion. 

You looking for the Adama thread mate?

1 hour ago, andymac12345 said:

I have a mate who's a Palace fan and watched us lose 2-1 at their place last season. He was absolutely astounded at how good Grealish looked that day and said to me, the problem with Villa is, 'they have too many Gabby Agbonlahors and not enough Grealishes'. This was a pretty nice write up of him the other week:

http://villatillidie.co.uk/2016/07/14/jack-the-lad-or-jack-the-man/

Good to see he's reigned it in with the mental holidays too:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-what-aston-villas-jack-11533827

Trouble is Grealish spent last season doing an impression of Gabby.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm still not convinced he will have the focus he needs and be able to curb the behaviour I think that destroyed last season for him.

Ray Wilkins is gone from his career though ;)

Been reading positive reviews from Jack against boro. Personally don't think he affected the game. He did some neat things. Same abuse Gil used to get. Problem is they have nothing to work with. We need a few more attacking players. Gestede Bacuna Westwood.. cissohko Hutton providing our width.. just garbage. Only so much you can do.

• Like 1

There's way too much pressure on Grealish and Ayew to create.

We literally have two players in the whole squad capable of creating chances or doing something special. It's ludicrous.

Grealish is at the stage of his career where he should be coming on for 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there, and learning from the experienced players around him. He should be the ace up our sleeve and someone that we bring on to baffle the opposition. 

To go into the season relying solely on him from an attacking midfield perspective is spectacular mismanagement and is an indictment on the standard of our playing squad.

We need 5 new players. 3 of these should be brought in to compliment Jack and help create from midfield/attack.

Worried.

Edited by Delphinho123

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

There's way too much pressure on Grealish and Ayew to create.

We literally have two players in the whole squad capable of creating chances or doing something special. It's ludicrous.

Grealish is at the stage of his career where he should be coming on for 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there, and learning from the experienced players around him. He should be the ace up our sleeve and someone that we bring on to baffle the opposition. 

To go into the season relying solely on him from an attacking midfield perspective is spectacular mismanagement and is an indictment on the standard of our playing squad.

We need 5 new players. 3 of these should be brought in to compliment Jack and help create from midfield/attack.

Worried.

Me too. But I don't agree that he should be used as an impact sub. If we have too little creativity as it is, we certainly can't afford to start with Jack on the bench. Besides, he has enough experience to be a regular starter now.

Perhaps he needs to take more risks. I see him gliding past players, but too often then playing the safe pass.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/05/jack-grealish-drunk-holiday-pictures-were-a-painful-lesson/

An excellent read this. Knows he's made mistakes and is determined to put them right. 

Talks the talk, now let's hope he walks the walk. He has some serious ability, it's entirely up to him how much success he has.

Thank fark hes realised. Good stuff Jack. Now lets see you play to your ability. Last season wasnt even close to 50%. 

A player of his ability should destroy Championship defenders. 5-10 goals and 5-10 assists is a good target. 

from brief moments in pre-season he looks more determined. think that summer trip with England did him a world of good as think he picked up some professionalism from that squad than he did playing with Lescott and Gabby last season etc.

I read that article too. Very positive stuff, lets hope he has realised and learned from his mistakes as he says he has and follows through. He could be a great great player.

Fingers crossed. 

Â