The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I seem to recall Joe Lolley banging in goals against us whilst at Forest, and he used to post on here. Are we saying he's not a Villa fan?

I’m pretty sure Joe Lolley would walk barefoot across a sea of lego bricks to play for Villa, though. Jack chose to leave.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, you guys are clearly happy for him and that's your right. I'm sure that you can enjoy watching him play for City if you are that interested, he is no longer a Villa player so I have no interest in what he does now unless playing against us. I have said my piece about my thoughts on him.

You guys crack on justifying him leaving. I will continue to think he is a snake. 

Literally nobody has said they are happy.

I'm absolutely gutted that he's gone. More gutted than I've ever been for any player leaving.

That can all be true without hating the player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Mark Albrighton, Villa fan and academy raised. Loved the club through and through and we told him to take a hike because he wasn't "good enough." Yeah pretty sure we don't want to use him as a model for how the Club treats it's players/fans. 

People are literally using Jack's upbringing as a Villa fan to grief him into feeling bad about putting his career first. Please show me the Villa fan who has put their career on hold to continue supporting their club. No fan is ever asked to do that but we expect that of Jack. That's just delusional. 

Maybe my point was too subtle. I was aiming to counter the suggestion that a player wouldn't "properly" support their team while playing elsewhere. 

Just to be clear, I'm very much understanding of Jack's move. I had a few days of feeling like a jilted lover (like many on here) but I wouldn't begrudge him the move. 

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Maybe my point was too subtle. I was aiming to counter the suggestion that a player wouldn't "properly" support their team while playing elsewhere. 

Just to be clear, I'm very much understanding of Jack's move. I had a few days of feeling like a jilted lover (like many on here) but I wouldn't begrudge him the move. 

My mistake on misreading that.  I  just still feel very salty how the club did Mark.  Looking back it was one of the clearest indications  of our impending doom.  Our judgement of PL talent was so egregious that we chose not to resign a player who would go on, in short notice, to start 30+ times for the PL champions.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Would you be happy to score the deciding goal that sent Villa down if it meant you got a shiney little medal and you could raise a trophy with all your new friends?

If I was a City player and if I scored, it meant I won the league for my team (who pays me £200k a week) but also meant Villa went down, then so be it! I'm a professional. Villa's relegation wouldn't be on me, it would be the previous 37 games.  I would celebrate my title, albeit I'd try and be respectful. That wouldn't mean I wasn't a Villa fan 

Are you suggesting he should refuse to play against us? Thats madness. 

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

he might have been a villa fan once, when he was a kid. but he's not anymore. very seldom does a professional footballer continue to properly support a club whilst they are playing. they should just admit it rather than continue to claim to be a fan. if anyone thinks he walks around the house in a villa top or even watches our games anymore is deluded.

let me remind you that JT couldn't bear to play against chelsea...just couldn't do it. many PL clubs would've been happy to sign him but he could not have played against them. he dropped down to the championship instead. that's probably the only modern day exception to the rule i can think of.

Of course he's a fan. Not all fans wear Villa tops in the house, 24-7. I haven't done in 20 years. Ultimately he's a professional footballer though and for that time when he's on the pitch, he's a Man City player and i'd expect him to try his hardest against us. 

JT was on the way down, he'd won everything at Chelsea. He could afford to be that noble. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Reading some of this, I swear we've got middle aged men who've still got their bedrooms painted claret and blue :lol: 

**** hell, this is real life, get with it and stop living in this perfect, fantasy world where no other club is worth anything compared to "my villa".

You're the fan of a company, a company that doesn't give a shit about you - stop trying to get it to love you. 

This is weird. 

20 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Absolutely not. He left for Champions League football and wasn’t going to play against us…

If Grealish had gone to Italy or Spain, I don’t think a single one of us would have blamed him…

but he went up the road and will be trying to actively beat us, possibly cost us trophies and medals… potentially (if worst comes to worst) even relegate us… and he would be happy to do so as long as he gets his own personal success…

We're not winning trophies any time soon mate, with or without Grealish. He hasn't cost anything on that front.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Would Joe Lolley have done that, played for Villa, and then turned down a £100m move to one of the best teams in the world where he'll win a shit load of trophies though?

Of course he wouldn't. 

Dunno. I would. 

But that wasn’t the point I was making anyway. I was saying you can’t really compare Joe Lolley scoring against Villa and Jack Grealish doing the same. 

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Reading some of this, I swear we've got middle aged men who've still got their bedrooms painted claret and blue :lol: 

**** hell, this is real life, get with it and stop living in this perfect, fantasy world where no other club is worth anything compared to "my villa".

You're the fan of a company, a company that doesn't give a shit about you - stop trying to get it to love you. 

Completely agree some people get way too emotionally invested in football and the players.

On that same note, isn't it about time you grew out of the teenage edgelord posts?

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Completely agree some people get way too emotionally invested in football and the players.

On that same note, isn't it about time you grew out of the teenage edgelord posts?

For some people that is all they have got and the Villa have been the one constant throughout their lives, Not saying I am like that but I do take my support of the club very seriously

• Like 1

Don't think I subscribe to the idea that the 100m release clause was beyond what anybody thought he'd be worth at the time. If that were true, why would it even be inserted? In his own words:

"That's why we had it put it in because I knew if I played to the way that I can, and have a club who knows that they can work with me over the next few years and build me to something that I can go onto to become one of the best in the league, then they'd pay that and that's what I think City thought."

He obviously had designs on leaving as early as summer 2020 at the very least. It's not like the City bid just sprang up out of nowhere and he had to make a difficult decision like some people are making out. This was the plan.

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

For some people that is all they have got and the Villa have been the one constant throughout their lives, Not saying I am like that but I do take my support of the club very seriously

It's a personal thing and certainly not my place to judge how people interact with football. Particularly as someone who didn't grow up in the area with Villa supporting family.

I was facetiously pointing out the hypocrisy of the 'grow up' criticism.

Edit - the point you made is also why I hate the "obviously anyone would" posts based on the posters views as its clear we all see life differently 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Nah I'm good thanks Samuel :thumb:  

Ok, hypothetical question: 

Pick an option 

- a £1m lottery win, but Villa get relegated to League 2

- No lottery win but Villa win the league and champions league the following year. 

Interested to hear the views. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Pick an option 

- No lottery win but Villa win the league and champions league the following year. 

Always wanted to see some of the grounds in League 2.  I'll even get the round in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pick an option 

League 2? Damn that's a toughie. Do we automatically get sent to League 2 like in Italy when your clubs goes skint.  If so give me the money.

Or is it like a slow decline over a decade?  I can't sit through another decade of terrible Villa football. 

40 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Get the hell out of my bedroom.   You're creeping the missus out!

• Haha 2

Â