The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If it is really only Grealish or Kane for city (which I don't quite fully believe) that Kane will be the one to surely throw the pram out and push for the transfer. He has made it public this summer and has been clearly unhappy for at least a year. Jack hasn't said a word.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

If it is really only Grealish or Kane for city (which I don't quite fully believe) that Kane will be the one to surely throw the pram out and push for the transfer. He has made it public this summer and has been clearly unhappy for at least a year. Jack hasn't said a word.

No way they can buy both.  FFP wise.  Unless they got buyers for Bernardo and Sterling or Mahrez.

Man U already spent a shed load, and Chelsea focusing on Haaland.

Kane probably shat himself seeing the Jack Grealish thing and is going to push hard for a transfer.  

Spurs will lower their price or face having a very very unhappy Kane.

Genius play by City to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Funnily enough, I read what is the most believable scenario on Birmingham Live. Basically the club is holding out on responding to the bid until they have a sit down with Jack and see if he wants to go. If that's the case I guess it means the offer is sufficient to land Jack if he does want to go, otherwise they would have rejected it already.

I was thinking about this as well.  The club have really fashioned themselves around working together between owners, management and players.  I think the respectful thing they have done is not flatly rejected the offer but waited until Jack is back to discuss it and then reject it to City.  They dont want to piss off Jack, that he might feel out of the loop because this will be a tough decision for him either way and bringing Jack into the fold, discussing with him the future, a new contract and way forward and why they are rejecting the bid and any bid is far better than Jack reading on social media that a bid has been rejected.  I think it's just man management of the star player.

I would love it if we just completely ignored Man City's bid and carried on as normal and Jack signed an extension and Man City have no clue until the announcement.  Maybe we had a call or two with City and we said he's not for sale but they still bid and we just ignored it and City have used social media to put pressure on us and it hasnt worked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thug said:

No way they can buy both.  FFP wise.  Unless they got buyers for Bernardo and Sterling or Mahrez.

Kane probably shat himself seeing the Jack Grealish thing and is going to push hard for a transfer.  

Raised 50 million in player sales already, with another 30-40 million in the pipeline.  Also received 11 million in the sell on clause from Sancho.

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

I said all along it was a smokescreen to get Kane 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

That's not really the point - it's about how he wants his legacy to go down and how he'll be perceived after all is said and done. 

If he goes, he'll be just another useful player for a few years at Citeh before they bin him off for someone new - he's not going to be regarded in the same way as Foden, nor is he going to be a KDB/Toure/Aguero legend for them. It's all business and no sentimentality. 

Stay, and he's a legend for life. It's only a gamble if he truly places winning trophies ahead of the club and its future - and if he does, he can do one if he ever claims to be a Villa fan again. 

There's definitely a split between people who see it from the selfish perspective and those who put the club first. 

Do you not think he'll already be a Villa legend? The local lad who came up through the ranks, got us promoted and stablised the club, probably the best player to wear the shirt since McGrath, beating Blues after taking a sucker punch to the head,  playing in an England squad that got to the first final since 66.

If he wants to leave now to win medals because deep down he doesn't believe the owners can get the club there then who am I to argue that?

Take the point about whether he wants be someone who forces the move or not but all players, even legendary ones get to the point where they look around, Shearer with Man U, Gerrard with Chelsea, Messi with PSG/Man City. 

1 minute ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Raised 50 million in player sales already, with another 30-40 million in the pipeline.  Also received 11 million in the sell on clause from Sancho.

Don’t piss on my cornflakes dude.

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think that's bull and someone has the wrong end of the stick. Kane doesn't stick me as the type to do that, could be wrong but I'd be amazed.

I thought this.. but then I remember him doing an interview saying he wants out with Gary Neville. Who knows.

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

Do you not think he'll already be a Villa legend? The local lad who came up through the ranks, got us promoted and stablised the club, probably the best player to wear the shirt since McGrath, beating Blues after taking a sucker punch to the head,  playing in an England squad that got to the first final since 66.

If he wants to leave now to win medals because deep down he doesn't believe the owners can get the club there then who am I to argue that?

Take the point about whether he wants be someone who forces the move or not but all players, even legendary ones get to the point where they look around, Shearer with Man U, Gerrard with Chelsea, Messi with PSG/Man City. 

No. Not for me.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

I said all along it was a smokescreen to get Kane 

It's so weird, Man City really need a striker, Kane really wants to leave Spurs but somehow the deal they think is happening is a creative player that they don't need because they have quite a few, and a player in Jack that is not desperate to leave.  Nobody can tell me the media doesnt prefer London teams over other teams based on this.

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Do you not think he'll already be a Villa legend?

No, I'm surprised you do, he's not there yet

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

4 years left on his contract says so

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think that's bull and someone has the wrong end of the stick. Kane doesn't stick me as the type to do that, could be wrong but I'd be amazed.

But he is dealing with Dan Levy a man without principles.  If Kane is honourable Levy is more than capable of taking advantage of that.  It may be unusual for Kane, but he may have little choice with an employer taking the piss.

Just now, nick76 said:

It's so weird, Man City really need a striker, Kane really wants to leave Spurs but somehow the deal they think is happening is a creative player that they don't need because they have quite a few, and a player in Jack that is not desperate to leave.  Nobody can tell me the media doesnt prefer London teams over other teams based on this.

Been wondering that myself, unless they think Kane would just cost them to much money compared to Jack. Probably after both most likely though, going to cost them a good £200 million plus. 

Â