The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

wow some really charged emotions on here now.  not sure I agree with the snake posts.  this is Jack who signed a new contract last year and honoured it for a season.  He could have ficked off last year.  obviously ideal is he stays but I'm coming to terms with £100m in the bank as long as we spend it wisely.  if we get players of the quality of jwp, mcneil, Bailey etc.. and we got at least 2 of those then I think we'd be OK.  Jacks shins probably means he won't be able to give 100% in every game so building a squad of real quality rather one superstar isn't the end of the world.  

I think what makes me angry (assuming it goes ahead) is the timing. If he had left last season I would not be nearly as annoyed. In fact I said at the time that he deserved better and hoped he played at the top level. 

But he stayed and bought into the project. We then made the great strides we hoped we would make. Project on track, and we could kick on now. We really could. Leaving now is a massive kick in the teeth because the path is right there. Consolidate, improve. We’re a few signings away from something special. 

But if, and it seems when Jack goes, what do we have that other mid to low level PL sides don’t have? A bunch of money we can’t spend on anything but mid level talent that at best will let us tread water.

I’m angry, but I’m not angry with Jack tbh. He’s looking out for himself, as players do. I’m angry at the board for enabling it when we have adequate legal means to stop it.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Our pants are going to be pulled down now when bidding on any replacements. Don't understand why we didn't bring in the reinforcements first

well because if Jack stays we'd be screwed financially.  bit of a catch 22 i suppose.  we'll get better value before we sell Jack but wouldn't have the money until we've sold him.  obviously the sensible thing would have been get the deal in place buy the replacements then complete the Jack deal but who's to say that's not what's happening.

Can I ask why are people so convinced Jack is leaving? I have only seen the usual bollocks from journos trying to sell good players to the top 6. Is there any actual evidence Jack wants to leave?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Remember I said this wasn’t on Vila this was all camp Grealish. What I’ve said was laughed at but it’s all looking likely now as the story bleeds out. 

don’t lose faith in the project we’re not a selling club overnight our hands have been tied on this by Stella and Grealish. 

he’s not the hero we all thought he was move on, the club is bigger than any player support the club not the players utv

I’ve believed you, you sounded credible with what you say and I’ve always thought he was still here because nobody came in for him previously at the right money. The minute someone has, he’s off like a shot, I never quite got how he has always been labelled loyal, I suppose he could have forced a move previously  but I wouldn’t say that not forcing a move is the epitome of loyal.

I probably differ from most in that I think it’s gone too far now for us not to sell him. Purely based on the fact that it is clear that he and his camp have driven this and are willing to leave right before the start of our season. If it all fell through, how could he pull on the captains armband again? How could we have any self respect if we wanted him to? Unless, he literally did change his mind and signed the new contract with the bid from Man City still on the table, now that would be loyal.
As tiresome as it is, if dragging it out an extra couple of days gets us an extra 10 mil or whatever, then it’s worth it. 

Where I can’t agree with you is the vitriol you have. I’m gutted with how this has played out and disappointed in him yes, and I won’t be able to watch him in a City shirt which will be hard because he’s going to be all over every media outlet. But I can’t be doing with hate, life’s too short and I’d rather remember the good times. Becoming a toxic fan base is not the way to go. 

We have to move on, try and get some replacements in, try and not to get ripped off which will be difficult because everyone will know exactly how much we’ve got. 

There’s an opportunity here to turn this into a positive and become a proper balanced team but the recruitment will have to be spot on.

11 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Can I ask why are people so convinced Jack is leaving? I have only seen the usual bollocks from journos trying to sell good players to the top 6. Is there any actual evidence Jack wants to leave?

John Percy

I was always confident he would stay, I'm still hoping he will. However when City come knocking it's hard for heads to not turn.

Its emotional irrational talk to say he owes us, or going to City isn't worth it. Every single one of us would change our employers (including me and I'm my own boss 😅) for the life changing money at offer. Throw in the fact he will almost certainly win more trophies than he could carry. It's hard to believe he will stay.

Like @sidcow said, it's a pretty crap time to leave us and my preference would be one more season with what we have to achieve for him to stay being transparent ie European football.

If he leaves it will be a mad scramble to bring players in at over inflated prices and I feel this season could potentially just be meh going through the motions and just making sure we don't get in a relegation fight (I do honestly believe that without Jack we are still good enough to not get dragged into the muck)

Whatever Jack does he will always have my respect and admiration, no harsh words of a jilted lover coming from me.

I will end up watching a lot more Citeh matches as well, and won't mind them beating all the other teams I hate.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Who on here is confident that he’ll stay?

From my completely out of the loop position? Yes I'm confident he will stay. I base this only on the fact that I know how I would feel if I was a Villa player. There is not another club I would want to play for, trophies or not. As a Villa fan as long as Villa wanted me I would play for them. Now I know players play for other clubs, but I can only base it on how I would feel, and Jack is a Villa fan and as such I would expect him to feel the same.

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

That it? OK. John Percy never gets things wrong?

Come on now. You know who John Percy is. I'm sure he's gotten stuff wrong before but whenever he speaks it's only when something legitimate is happening. This isn't the Sun spouting nonsense so I'm sure you can understand why people would be very concerned when he's writing articles saying things like "there's a medical set for next week" and "It looks inevitable that he will leave."

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Quite surprised by the news as I was very confident Jack would stay. Maybe he still will (fingers crossed)

If he goes, I really feel it will be due to enormous pressure from his agent who 1) wants to cash in 2) feels Grealish needs to be at a club like ManCity to become a truly global superstar

For me Jack will be another Dwight Yorke. I'll keep an eye on his career, but really not be be invested in it and could careless if he is associated with the club again in the future

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

I think all the snake calls are a wee bit premature.

Lets just see how this all plays out first.

I use the term jilted lover talk before, if he goes, he isn't a snake. We're just a desperate person trying to hold on to the love of our life. Let's all remained dignified though. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

My middle son is six, just starting to take an interest in Villa and especially Jack. He already has a few kits and one with Grealish on the back.

He genuinely got a little teary-eyed when I told him Jack might be leaving.

I remember how I felt as a young lad myself when Platt went, then again Yorke, Barry...we are just feed for the bigger fish if this Grealish transfer happens.

So demoralising and almost futile.

I got in from work tonight and I said to my girlfriend "Man City have bid £100m for Jack Grealish" to which she replied "I know, I heard". My 7 year old son was playing a game on his switch when he suddenly said "they can't bid £100m for him Dad, he's priceless!". 

Now, you may think my son watches Jack or is an avid follower of football but, he's not. Much to my frustration my son isn't into football - it's not his thing. He has never watched a game or been to a game. But, he knows I love Villa and wants them to do well for me. He said he supports Villa and when he knows they're playing he asks me if they've won. However, the one thing he does know for sure is the greatness of Jack Grealish and how much the Villa fans love him. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

Â