The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, blunther said:

£75m, lol.

If that's true I wouldn't even give it the dignity of a response.

Mad, isn’t it.

Sancho went for £75m with 1 year left on his contract.

Grealish has 4 years left and is more proven in the PL than Sancho. He was ahead of him in the England pecking order.

Even Harry Maguire cost £80m.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but again i think to an extent thats what football is now, the romantic idea about winning the FA cup as captain of your boyhood club being the pinnacle of your life...its not anymore is it? 

Everything you see about Jack, his history, his family, his everything, I think it is.  Plus it’s not as if we are stuck in the mud mid table team, we are a team on the up with these owners.

I also don’t think City will get there with the cash and our owners won’t want to sell.  I just don’t see it happening at all.  There are too many barriers for this deal to happen.

Edited by nick76

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not so sure about this. If he wants to go, genuinely wants to go, then we should allow him to leave but for a reasonable fee. To me, that is around the £130m mark. 

There is no point in keeping a player who doesn’t want to be here and as I’ve mentioned previously, 10 teams finished above us last season without Jack Grealish so he’s not the be all and end all. We’ve put a system in place (and spent a lot of money on it) where we probably have stats/data on most players in Europe so there is no reason why we can’t reinvest that £130m straight back into the team and improve. 

For example, we could go out and buy Bissouma, Ward Prowse and McNeil. Add those 3 players to the Bailey signing and are we not stronger than last year? My knowledge of the European leagues is fairly poor so I’m sure you lot can name 3 better players we could buy with that cash!

The difficult of course is signing these players after Grealish leaves as we won’t be as an attractive proposition. 

The key indicator that Jack will be leaving will be when we sign a player for big money that either plays in his position or we strengthen an area of the squad we perhaps weren’t going to this summer. 

I go through peaks and troughs with this transfer. Some days I can’t live with the idea that he wont be an Aston Villa player next season, other days I’m pragmatic about it and realise that even the best teams lose their better players and can bounce back stronger. 

Either way, I think this drags into next week. There is nothing I’d like more than for Grealish to extend his contract on the Friday before the Sevilla game and both him and Bailey line up against them. Goosebumps.

Yeah all fair points. 👍

I think i've just seen us fail selling our best players and trying to replace them too many times. Though, this regime is very different from the last couple. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not so sure about this. If he wants to go, genuinely wants to go, then we should allow him to leave but for a reasonable fee. To me, that is around the £130m mark.

Given everything he has said he’s not going to want to go enough to force a move therefore we should say no to City.  Unless Jack tools down then it’s business as usual and City can bugger off.  

Is Jack going to tools down? No

Plus it’ll set a precedent that if other players want to leave or other clubs want players like Ollie, Martinez or Konsa that we’ll be easy pickings because they can do the same.  We won’t be taken seriously!  I hate Levy but he stands his ground in situations like this and I like that.

No chance for £130m.  Every player we are after if we sell Jack suddenly doubles in price because they know we have money.

So no thanks, we build around Jack!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Every player we are after if we sell Jack suddenly doubles in price because they know we have money.

Good point,  I hope that if he was actually leaving we would have done the transfers we need before he goes.

As you said,  we get X millions and everyone knows it which is why I still think he is staying.  Not many working days till kick off for the season and to lose him next week sometime would not make sense for JG / Villa / Manshity.

There just doesn't see to be the time and the Euros might have done us a favour.  Southgate made sure JG couldn't show 75% of what he is capable of in the Euro's.

I still live in hope.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Hardly baseless, irrespective of whether you deem it to be "boring, monotonous, repetitive crap".

It's entirely baseless. It is entirely all guesswork from people desperate for ad revenue, likes and shares.

It is the very definition of baseless.

• Like 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

It's entirely baseless. It is entirely all guesswork from people desperate for ad revenue, likes and shares.

It is the very definition of baseless.

There are people on here who have shared what they've heard (and are far closer to Jack/Villa/etc than I am, for sure!) - I wouldn't call them "desperate for likes" at all.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hardly baseless, irrespective of whether you deem it to be "boring, monotonous, repetitive crap".

It is quite literally baseless in every single literal sense of the word. 

Absolutely no one other than the player and a very few select insiders will know what is actually happening right now. 

Pull the other one. 

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Indeed , none of us know so let’s wait and see how it all develops - Jack said last year he wasn’t sure what to do 24 hours before he agreed his new deal until the owners convinced him of their ambitions and he bought into the project - let’s hope that is the situation again but we cannot have this circus every summer.

anyone who thinks there’s nothing in city’s interest or Jack would never contemplate leaving villa is living in cloud cuckoo land .

we will speak  to him on Monday and hopefully get a positive end to things . I’m not bothering with the thread now until we know the outcome as it’s too time consuming and people are posting the same things over and  over ,

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

At the moment it is, they haven’t bid yet!

We don’t know if they are even serious because if reports are true of a bid coming soon of 75m, they aren’t going to ~120m are they.

It’s all baseless until something happens.  I mean have they even contacted Villa.

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Good morning chaps, I wonder what this bright beautiful day holds for us😐

More people deciding we should sell Jack because the media want us to

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

It is quite literally baseless in every single literal sense of the word. 

Absolutely no one other than the player and a very few select insiders will know what is actually happening right now. 

Pull the other one. 

As above, people on this forum (who are close to Jack's family in some instance) have shared what they know.  Journalists who have heard bits from sources have shared what they know.

Quite literally forming the base of a discussion, which has been had.

You can choose to ignore it, you know.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No chance for £130m.  Every player we are after if we sell Jack suddenly doubles in price because they know we have money.

There's a few things like the above which are often said which I find odd. That's just not really how an open market works. If a team value a player at a certain amount they will sell him at that amount, regardless of if the buying team just made alot of money. 

Now there are times when a team sell a very expensive player and then seem to buy other players for way more than they should cost that I'm sure people would mention. But this would just be the selling team not wanting to sell and so putting a ridiculous price on their player and the buying team deciding that despite it being ridiculous they have just lost their best player and can pay over the odds for the replacement.

So if WB are looking for £35m for Leon Bailey and then AV sell Jack. WB arnt going to up their price, as AV will walk away and look elsewhere. Then WB wouldn't even get what they wanted.

However if AV sell grealish and decide they need Ward Prowse but AV have already been quoted something ridiculous like 60m. AV might end up paying that now they believe they really need them.

Also there's no conspiracy that the media are trying to do things to help the top 6 and not the other teams. I.e by unsettling Grealish but not unsettling players AV want. They are just trying to get "clicks" and Grealish going to Man City will get 100x more clicks than Matty Cash going to AV.

Anyway hope Grealish stays! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

+64 pages of total, utter, unending, ruthlessly boring, monotonous, baseless, repetitive crap to read through

Sorry, @Steero113, there is some issue with what you have suggested. Perhaps it should be something like this

+64 pages of total, utter, unending, ruthlessly boring, monotonous, based on no substance whatsoever (i.e. direct quotes, facts, evidence, photos etc.) attention seeking idiots who literally have nothing better to do and journalist who earn money based on the number of people who press on a link and as such are more inclined to type incendiary articles to get people to read them. This is then reposted ad nausea which then is used as evidence to suggest that as so many people are now saying it must be true or that there is no smoke without fire.

Happy? :) 

Seriously this thread is utterly horrendous to read with absolutely mind boggling logic and people picking and choosing who to believe based on their own agenda. The only people that will actually know what is going is on are:

1. Jack Grealish
  2. NSWE & Purslow
  3. Jack's Agent
  4. Dean Smith
  5. Man City ownership/Pep Guardiola if there is actually any interest [we don't technically even know if they are interested - it is mere press speculation]

That is it. Even then the only ones who will actually decide whether Jack is going is NSWE; no one else. @bobzy just because someone says that they are related/know people on the internet, does not mean it is true. For one, I am actually Prince William. Care to disprove me? 

You also have to consider what they have to gain for it. As an example, for journalists, they get more clicks, retweets, popularity which draws more people to their page and gives advertisers further boost. They are literally making money from it; anything they say will always have that slant to. 

I will just be glad when he walks into training as that will at least calm a fair few people down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â