The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

All his partying years.

Can see him being completely washed up by the age of 30-31

Couple with his ridiculous wages there is no way he'll ever return to Villa. Nor should we want him back. Nor will he be good enough for us.

Amen brother 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish is a better player than Diaby. 

Four years older than him though. Grealish didn’t settle into the PL as quickly as Diaby when we came back up, at a similar age (and I love Grealish) - in fact a lot on here ten games into our return to the PL were saying Grealish wouldn’t be able to step up. 

On 25/10/2023 at 14:16, TheMelvillan said:

wouldnt swap them at this moment in time personally

I’m really not sure myself - I think Jack is a much better footballer than Diaby and that is no reflection on him whatsoever. I would bring Jack home now, if possible.

But I also rate Diaby and back him 100%

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Jack can stay where  he his thanks or go somewhere else if that lot are sick of their shiny toy.

It was either bollocks about him being a massive Villa fan (like it was with his Irish stuff circa 2014-2015) or he really was a massive villa fan and still shattered on us.

Such an odd thing to say with all due respect.

Jack is a professional footballer and would clearly want to achieve great things in the game - why would he not? Doesn’t stop him being a villan. 
Just imagine having Jack, Diaby Watkins, Zaniolo, Duran, Bertie, Bailey all pushing for a forward spot?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That's fine, but don't go on social media and profess undying love for the club you are about to shift the week before deadline day.

I do think Jack still loves the club - would you stop supporting Villa, if you got offered a pro contract ?  How was he really supposed to turn down city?
I’d bring Jack home tomorrow, if it was possible.

Each to their own as the saying goes is applicable here I feel 👍🏻

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I do think Jack still loves the club - would you stop supporting Villa, if you got offered a pro contract ?  How was he really supposed to turn down city?

And all the other transfers he tried to make before City

I wouldn't swap him for Diaby anyway

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And all the other transfers he tried to make before City

I wouldn't swap him for Diaby anyway

This is the key for me. After we lost to Fulham in the final, he would have moved at any opportunity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Grealish returning to Villa could be problematic to the current balance and cohesion of the team. And we'd have to pay a massive fee. 

• Like 3

Â