The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Man City have won 3 trophies this season. You think 3 parties a season are going to wipe him out?

Again, he’s 30 in 2 years. And you’re saying he’s going to be at a mid table club at that point. 

That’s going to be one hell of a fall from grace in the space of 2 seasons

Said before he knows what he is, man City know what he is, he'll have got absolutely **** smashed last night, every danger it's still going now.... Tomorrow or the day after he'll suffer for it, when he played for us it was usual on his insta to see him partying all night and then with a PT the next day

The misconception is that because he drinks he doesn't do all the other bits to counter it but he obviously does, wouldn't be that hard for someone at city to be controlling it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's contracted to 2027 with City. He's on more than £200,000 a week. He won't be going anywhere in 2 years. 

What mid-table club is going to be paying him those wages, or even close?

Chelsea 😜

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Man City have won 3 trophies this season. You think 3 parties a season are going to wipe him out?

Again, he’s 30 in 2 years. And you’re saying he’s going to be at a mid table club at that point. 

That’s going to be one hell of a fall from grace in the space of 2 seasons

ok - 31 or 32 then, whatever, i just think age catches up with footballers who don't look after themselves quickly and it's my personal perception that he doesn't look after himself anywhere near as much as other top pros and i just don't see him playing at the elite level well into his 30s

9 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Money obviously means more to them 2 halfwits than Villa ever did. 

I'd never wear another teams shirt. Ever.

Of course it means more than Villa ever did.

Some people need to grow up. This level of tribalism is odd, it's not impressive

• Like 2

Just now, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Some people need to grow up. This level of tribalism is odd, it's not impressive

Football is never more serious than real life. I don't know why some fans are unable to see past this 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2021 at 03:09, useless said:

I think this idea that we can't be a success without Grealish is absurd, we've never even finished in the top half of the top league with him or won a trophy with him, this is a team that's spent most of it's history as a top half team and is one the most succesful English clubs in history in terms of trophies won, we've spent most of our history being succesful without Grealish, ironically especially relative to how unsuccesul we've been with Grealish in the team...

All that's not to say it's Grealish's fault that we haven't been very good over the last ten years, he's the least to blame, or that it wouldn't be disappointing if he leaves, the point is the club was capable of doing perfectly fine before any of us even knew he existed and will be capable of doing perfectly fine when he leaves...

In fact with him or without him we'll continue to improve for the simple reason that as long as NSWE continue to invest it would be kind of hard not to just based on the low standards set in previous seasons, again the highest we've finished in the last ten years is eleventh, maybe the improvement would have come faster if Grealish was to stay, but it will come either way unless the owners suddenly lose interest.

Bingo! We were able to improve without Greaish

13 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

I’d wear another teams’ shirt for £10* to be honest.

* - no, not theirs. 

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nailed on.

Having a go at him for wearing a Man City top - **** hell :crylaugh: 

Yeah it’s absolutely bizarre behaviour 

Some people have a really weird concept of how the world works

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

ok - 31 or 32 then, whatever, i just think age catches up with footballers who don't look after themselves quickly and it's my personal perception that he doesn't look after himself anywhere near as much as other top pros and i just don't see him playing at the elite level well into his 30s

How do you know he doesn't look after himself.  It's okay to get plastered once in a while but if you do it on a regular basis like footballers from the 70s yes I agree you won't last much beyond 30

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How do you know he doesn't look after himself.  It's okay to get plastered once in a while but if you do it on a regular basis like footballers from the 70s yes I agree you won't last much beyond 30

Yeah and I doubt he does it on the reg. strikes me as a real workhorse when it matters but does love a bajillion vodka red bulls on his holidays. 

🤢 The Jack Grealish fan club in this thread....president Stevo985🤭 

Come on guys you are making out like Grealish was playing for a non-league club at Villa and City plucked him from somewhere really really bad. Not the truth. Have more respect for Villa please.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

🤢 The Jack Grealish fan club in this thread....president Stevo985🤭 

Come on guys you are making out like Grealish was playing for a non-league club at Villa and City plucked him from somewhere really really bad. Not the truth. Have more respect for Villa please.

Nobody has said that, or anything like it, as far as I can see.

• Like 2

He put all his chips in this City basket and it's paid off in the short term. But every trophy they've won could soon have an asterisk next to them. Wonder how players would feel about that, or if they'd even care.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He put all his chips in this City basket and it's paid off in the short term. But every trophy they've won could soon have an asterisk next to them. Wonder how players would feel about that, or if they'd even care.

They won't care in the slightest.

Â