The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You actually dont get an announced ban if you fail a drugs test for recreational drugs. You can pass it off as an injury.

Was some suggestions before it was connected to his shins but not saying it was true but it can add up as Smith would never give an answer to when he be fit 

If that’s true, that’s a really interesting train of thought. It would explain a fair bit.

I think there is a medical journal or something that connects shin splints with heavy alcohol drinking and running. 

Its ashamed, I loved him at Villa but I really don't care what he gets up to anymore. Hard to feel sorry for someone who's picking up £350k a week for 6 years. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You actually dont get an announced ban if you fail a drugs test for recreational drugs. You can pass it off as an injury.

Was some suggestions before it was connected to his shins but not saying it was true but it can add up as Smith would never give an answer to when he be fit 

Thank god the "shin" issues were not fully investigated by man city before giving us £100mill

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If that’s true, that’s a really interesting train of thought. It would explain a fair bit.

Daryl Murphy revealed it a few years ago that he failed at I think Forest and the club covered it up as a back injury. The FA are obviously aware but it doesnt have to be revealed

Former Ireland international striker Daryl Murphy has revealed he secretly served an English FA ban after testing positive for cocaine.

Speaking to The Athletic’s Daniel Taylor, the 36-year-old confirmed he had served a six-week suspension for taking the drug on a night out before subsequently failing a test.

In a statement Murphy - currently playing for League One’s Bolton Wanderers, has said he is “not proud” of his actions, which came while he was at Nottingham Forest last season.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/daryl-murphy-secretly-served-ban-for-taking-cocaine-on-a-night-out-1.4109879

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Daryl Murphy revealed it a few years ago that he failed at I think Forest and the club covered it up as a back injury. The FA are obviously aware but it doesnt have to be revealed

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/daryl-murphy-secretly-served-ban-for-taking-cocaine-on-a-night-out-1.4109879

If that is the reason, not only would it explain a number of inexplicable decisions by the club, it would also put the £100m transfer to City in the running for one of the most brilliant pieces of business in history.

This is pure conjecture/speculation but worth noting this story came out at the exact time Grealish’s shin injury first came to light last season.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9280415/amp/England-international-Premier-League-star-hooked-sleeping-pills.html

I don’t trust the mail for shit but have always thought it was highly coincidental given the club treated the injury very strangely (minimal/inconsistent info about his time to return)

1 hour ago, regular_john said:

How many times is this guy going to get caught drunk and/or drugged up? He's throwing his career away. He'll be the modern Lee Hendrie if he's not careful

I'd say Lee Hendrie wishes he was the olden day Jack Grealish

He’s got a good heart. He just doesn’t seem to think before he acts at times. To be fair as bad as that drunken video looks if he was smashing it on the pitch he’d get away with it.  He’s the most expensive English player in history and he is not really impressing on the pitch. He needs to keep his head down and continue to work hard. 

• Like 1

Alcohol really does impact athletes: 
“In particular, alcohol can make you far more prone to injury, and that happens in a variety of ways. It alters the sequence of the different phases of your sleep cycle, which reduces your body's ability to store glycogen – a crucial energy source that you need for endurance – as well as increasing the levels of the stress hormone cortisol, and that slows down healing. This is still the case even if you stopped drinking six hours before you went to bed”

Â