The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Did I miss something where the board and Gerrard stated those things respectively?

well he has been quietly removed from Villa history and Purslow did a speech pretty much throwing him under the bus. As for Gerrard for me I dont think he would accept Grealish ego in the squad

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well he has been quietly removed from Villa history and Purslow did a speech pretty much throwing him under the bus. As for Gerrard for me I dont think he would accept Grealish ego in the squad

Cool, so both of those things were opinions, just wanted to clarify.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We'd all take him (some will say never again, then change their minds).

He won't come until he's pushing 30 and has some trophies in his cabinet - and that's assuming he's deemed a failure in 3 years time. 

If it works out for him as he hopes he'll try and come back when he's 33-35.

If he gets bombed out at City due to antics , Purslow and Gerrard won't take him back. He'll end up at Newcastle.

Nah I wouldn't take him back. Honestly since his return from injury last season he hasn't looked the same player. Odd flash during Euros. But anything he did have unique will be coached out of him and he might not even be able to do it anymore when he's playing under a different system. We might have actually played a blinder and sold a just past peak player for the absolute maximum of their value just before they fall off a cliff. And regardless if he wanted to trade his 'peak years' to sit ineffectually on the wing the receive the ball take two touches then a backwards pass in return for a couple league winners medals then he can. Pep will be gone in a couple years anyway go PSG or somewhere and he'll have either be sold by then or deemed not required and be at Spam/Newcastle/Everton 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 2

Of all these £100m + signings these ridiculous clubs make, how many have actually worked?

Dembele > Barcelona ❌

Coutinho > Barcelona ❌

Griezmann > Barcelona ❌

Jaoa Felix > Atletico ❌

Hazard > Real Madrid ❌

Then you have Jack & Lukaku this season, early days yet, but hardly been huge successes. Then you have the £80M + range types like Havertz, Maguire. The hit rate is stupidly low with what should be a near sure-thing. Van Dijk a rare case of one that has worked out. Mbappe too. 

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Of all these £100m + signings these ridiculous clubs make, how many have actually worked?

Dembele > Barcelona ❌

Coutinho > Barcelona ❌

Griezmann > Barcelona ❌

Jaoa Felix > Atletico ❌

Hazard > Real Madrid ❌

Then you have Jack & Lukaku this season, early days yet, but hardly been huge successes. Then you have the £80M + range types like Havertz, Maguire. The hit rate is stupidly low with what should be a near sure-thing. Van Dijk a rare case of one that has worked out.

Yes a good point. So many factors go into a transfer being successful. Not so easy to expect someone to replicate their form in an environments that’s different in almost ever way. 

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dembele > Barcelona ❌

Coutinho > Barcelona ❌

Griezmann > Barcelona ❌

Jaoa Felix > Atletico ❌

Hazard > Real Madrid ❌

Then you have Jack & Lukaku this season, early days yet, but hardly been huge successes. Then you have the £80M + range types like Havertz, Maguire. The hit rate is stupidly low with what should be a near sure-thing. Van Dijk a rare case of one that has worked out. Mbappe too. 

Good point. This list is actually wild when you consider how underperforming certain players proved - e.g. Kepa and Pepe.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Truth of it is, not many £80-100 million players fail at Man City under Pep, can't think of any that have.

Barcelona especially, is a different animal altogether, especially lately.

They've only had Jack in that range at City. But I see your point

Everyone else Pep has signed at City has been between £50-60m. Dias was the next highest after Jack at just over £60m.

De Bruyne was around £70m but was before Pep

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Absolutely no chance he comes back, he has the life style and I level of fame he wants. He will also get his trophies but not sure how high up on the list that is now.

Hes visibly being curtailed by the tactics however I did see a few weeks ago hes still high if not top for some important Pep stats. Travels into the box, forward passes, touches in the box. To be considered a top player (or a success) by the media he needs the goals and assists to go with those stats. 

However hes not the joyous player to watch he was at Villa, doesnt even look a shadow of it, not just because of tactics he doesnt look at his physical and mental peak either. 

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He will one day I am sure of it.

Why? It’ll either be because he’s a flop there for a couple of years and gets shipped out or it’ll be a few years after that, been a success but legs have gone and looking for his last big pay day at a lesser level club than City.  Given we are likely to be a top 8 team then I doubt we’d been interested.

10 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Cool, so both of those things were opinions, just wanted to clarify.

Really? What gave it away? Do we have to write 'imo' after every sentence on a message board in order not to be mistakenly taken for an ITK? 

Fwiw I also believe Purslow and Gerrard wouldn't have the snake back. To clarify - I haven't personally talked to them, just imo. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? It’ll either be because he’s a flop there for a couple of years and gets shipped out or it’ll be a few years after that, been a success but legs have gone and looking for his last big pay day at a lesser level club than City.  Given we are likely to be a top 8 team then I doubt we’d been interested.

I suppose you are right,  legs gone,  lesser club than city, last pay day,  the list goes on.  Reminds of that God bloke we bought who liked a drink now and then to add to the list,  he was rubbish. 😆

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I suppose you are right,  legs gone,  lesser club than city, last pay day,  the list goes on.  Reminds of that God bloke we bought who liked a drink now and then to add to the list,  he was rubbish. 😆

A bit of difference between a CB needed attributes and a player who relies on runs with the ball down the channels.  Also you’ve picked one of the few exceptions to rule when most don’t as you well know.

Â