The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Really don't understand how this can be dragging on any further. 

First league game kicks off in less than 12 days and we're no closer to knowing whether our captain, talisman, best player by a country mile is staying or going. The fact that it still seems 50/50 is mad.

Surely he needs the comfort of clarity himself, as does everyone at the club?

It's all very strange.

I think everything points to him leaving. Because otherwise the speculation would have ended. He’s trained a bit, shown he’s not doing a Kane but he’ll go. Probably with the support of the club. Hopefully most of the fans too no matter how gutted we are.

At some point we have to realise we do actually deserve better than to have our Captain try and arrange a move every summer. 

• Like 3

Given how City are under investigation for FFP irregularities and presumably now encouraging Harry Kane to skip training, the other 19 clubs in the Premier League would do well to refuse to do business with these crooks. 

This is all rather simple for me. 

Man City have put a bid in that meets our theoretical valuation, and they are used to getting their way so would (fairly) assume the deal is done. 

Only it isn't. It is still in Grealish's hands. And here we are, actually no closer to a resolution until the moment we are over the precipice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Dude sounds like he's covering both possibilities and knows bugger all to me with that tweet. 

It’s the easiest way out with minimal responsibility.

”see, it told you it was happening.”

”see, I told you there could be complications.”

probably got both lined up in his notes app for whenever the news breaks.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Man City have put a bid in that meets our theoretical valuation, and they are used to getting their way so would (fairly) assume the deal is done. 

Only it isn't. It is still in Grealish's hands. And here we are, actually no closer to a resolution until the moment we are over the precipice. 

So you reckon there is a clause that’s been met or we’ve accepted the bid?

1 minute ago, rodders129 said:

There a video doing the rounds of him bantering with gaffer on the training pitch

If I remember rightly, Delph was having banter with the squad in training before he legged it, different players and circumstances I know, but, I really wouldn't read to much into it 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Agreed on the general theme - it’s all down to Jack choosing guaranteed trophies or trying to win something with his club.

As I said before, it’s a big call. 

• Like 1

As frustrating as the situation is, I don’t think they need to anything with regard to the bid. These guys aren’t Xia. 

The only statement the club needs to make  is either that our captain has signed a new contract, or wish him well in his new venture. 

My ITK by the way was from a family member (an actual one, not a bloody cousin) to a service provider informing them they would no longer be requiring their services as they are moving to some swanky town where all the Manchester based footballers live. It was verified by the source and the source is impeccable. 

However this family member is a bit of an idiot, judging by even more recent events. I still believe the story, but I no longer believe they actually know what the hell they are talking about. Unless Jack has bottled telling the club yet, or has had a change of heart. Or any number of things that could have happened since. 

My head still says he leaves, but while my heart is still beating there is hope. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not really - think of the litigation involved in buying a £250k house.

Now rack that up to £100m - there's loads to be done even after the fee agreed.

Jack's agent will need to be happy with everything before Jack gets the call to sign. This could easily drag on into next week.

29 minutes ago, YLN said:

Sky Sports article - Grealish returns to training after £100m Man City bid

There is an implication here that he had been missing training because he was negotiating with Man City, or more likely throwing a strop.

And of course it's neither, but that doesn't matter.

Total words removed….

Â