The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

My 10 year old supports man city. I've been fighting for him to support villa all his life. There are green shoots, he's currently wearing the green away top a couple of seasons ago and taking more of an interest. If grealish goes there, I've no chance! 

If he goes, I feel that part of the soul that still exists in top flight football that isn't monopolised by the big teams will have gone. 

As someone pointed out. We can only spend so much. Man city can spend £100 mil on one player. Its broken. 

You can't change him now pal, he's been a fan since not long after they were formed.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

My sincere condolences. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Tbf he does live in Wilmslow so its pretty much his local club.

I actually liked city before they got taken over. Just seems the new generation of plastic fans are dicks (my son excepted) 

5 minutes ago, YLN said:

Glad we're moving towards a conclusion one way or another.

Same. I'd rather he stay, but if he goes, once i've dried my eyes, I'll be quite excited to see how we spend £100m (plus what we have already - another £50m?)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Levy seems to have batted them off.  Nassef, do the same mate.

I think the difference is, instead of a release clause, Kane accepted Levy's word he would sell him if he wanted to leave. Grealish had a release clause put in his contract. 

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wow that’s a negative way of looking at it.

Jack has 4 years left on his deal

Loves his boyhood club

Jacks currently on holiday

We have incredibly rich owners

We have been building the team around Jack

We’ve been telling targets Jack is staying

Club are highly secretive about all transfer dealings

we are offering him a massive new contract when he returns

We don’t need to or want to sell

Looking good isn’t it?

A very positive way of looking at it, but if Jack wants to go , Jack will go, do we need a potentially half arsed resentful player, regardless of his back story  or £100 mill that we could invest in replacements that are fully focused on moving the club forwards ? There is no doubt he is a Villa man but he possibly wants more than we as a club can offer at this time in his career, it’s a shame but we have to look to the future as a club  not as a player.

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Not sure if you're serious or not.....

look back through the posts. constant sticking up for journalists whilst claiming in depth knowledge of how transfers apparently work

i'm serious

25 minutes ago, jim said:

How do we know this?

It’s been said a number of times over the last couple of months, I think even Percy mentioned it.

Even The Athletic who hate us have said it.  I don’t have subscription to them to get behind the paywall so got a link referring to it from City side of reporting.  Sorry would look for a better link but haven’t got time at the moment.

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/transfer-rumours/what-aston-villa-have-told-transfer-targets-about-jack-grealish-future-amid-man-city-interest

According to The Athletic, club officials have informed players of interest that Grealish, whose head has been turned by the interest shown by Manchester City, will be staying at Villa Park next season.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

look back through the posts. constant sticking up for journalists whilst claiming in depth knowledge of how transfers apparently work

i'm serious

Im pretty sure he's actually Mat Kendrick the Journalist for the Brum Mail.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smg said:

A very positive way of looking at it, but if Jack wants to go , Jack will go, do we need a potentially half arsed resentful player, regardless of his back story  or £100 mill that we could invest in replacements that are fully focused on moving the club forwards ? There is no doubt he is a Villa man but he possibly wants more than we as a club can offer at this time in his career, it’s a shame but we have to look to the future as a club  not as a player.

I just can’t imagine he wants to leave, if he thought we could be competitive in the next 2/3 seasons surely he would stay?

Its the club he absolutely loves, his whole family love, it’s more than just liking the club, his whole family going back generations LOVE the club. 

Makes no sense to me to join City and who would seriously want to play in that rank sky blue coloured kit! 

Just now, nick76 said:

It’s been said a number of times over the last couple of months, I think even Percy mentioned it.

Even The Athletic who hate us have said it.  I don’t have subscription to them to get behind the paywall so got a link referring to it from City side of reporting.  Sorry would look for a better link but haven’t got time at the moment.

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/transfer-rumours/what-aston-villa-have-told-transfer-targets-about-jack-grealish-future-amid-man-city-interest

Hope your right m8.

• Like 1

Â