The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Letting them **** off to the Super League was the best chance we had.  We should've all got behind it.

The bastards were still staying in the PL though, only with about £500m additional income per year on top of the Sky money.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was excited when he first tweeted again but he’s a complete bum. Not got a clue. 

This whole statement thing came from JulieB. Nothing to see here. 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Americans have got it nailed. 

i do think a similar model could work. OK we don't have the draft system, but some sort of tighening of FFP where the team that wins the league cannot spend much the following year. say city can only have a net spend of 5m by winning the league, 2nd can have net spend of 10m, etc etc

or just actually, like, implement and enforce FFP rules. this investigation with city will at most result in a slap on the wrist. the correct outcome is a transfer embargo whilst the investigation is ongoing

What happens when Buendia has a storming 2 seasons, is Man City gonna have him too. It's bullshit, total bollox!!!!

One thing is for certain, we are trying to build something here, so if he goes, it'll be Grealish wanting to go, not the club just accepting the offer.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

What happens when Buendia has a storming 2 seasons, is Man City gonna have him too.

That will pretty much be the case yeah.

Might even be one storming season.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i do think a similar model could work. OK we don't have the draft system, but some sort of tighening of FFP where the team that wins the league cannot spend much the following year. say city can only have a net spend of 5m by winning the league, 2nd can have net spend of 10m, etc etc

or just actually, like, implement and enforce FFP rules. this investigation with city will at most result in a slap on the wrist. the correct outcome is a transfer embargo whilst the investigation is ongoing

Good luck persuading the top 5 who have all the money and power to give that to lower clubs.

Stuff like that has to be implemented at the inception of a competition.

I was shot down before the Euro’s when I said my gut feeling was Jack would leave this summer. Many saying he loves the club, we don’t need to sell etc…

It seems the majority now are resigned to him leaving, what has changed? Is it the media have got into your heads or something else.

Not an I told you so, as he hasn’t left yet, and I hope he doesn’t. Just intrigued what has changed peoples minds.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What happens when Buendia has a storming 2 seasons, is Man City gonna have him too. It's bullshit, total bollox!!!!

One thing is for certain, we are trying to build something here, so if he goes, it'll be Grealish wanting to go, not the club just accepting the offer.

Yeah. The release clause thing is puzzling though. Nobody seems to know whether or not there is one, and it makes all the difference with respect to club culpability, or if it’s solely down to Jack.

1 minute ago, jim said:

I was shot down before the Euro’s when I said my gut feeling was Jack would leave this summer. Many saying he loves the club, we don’t need to sell etc…

It seems the majority now are resigned to him leaving, what has changed? Is it the media have got into your heads or something else.

Not an I told you so, as he hasn’t left yet, and I hope he doesn’t. Just intrigued what has changed peoples minds.

It's this. Absolutely nothing else has changed. When nobody was reporting anything it was "out of sight, out of mind".

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This whole statement thing came from JulieB. Nothing to see here. 

Who told her, Dale Stephens? 

Any official comments from the club yet?

If not, there's not much point wailing and gnashing teeth.

Or have I missed anything in the last three hours?

Just now, rjw63 said:

Any official comments from the club yet?

If not, there's not much point wailing and gnashing teeth.

Or have I missed anything in the last three hours?

Nothing but surely if there was nothing in it, the club would come out and say nothing to see here.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's this. Absolutely nothing else has changed. When nobody was reporting anything it was "out of sight, out of mind".

That’s not strictly true. These rumours are coming from very reliable sources 

• Like 1

The good thing is that FFP stops our owners from heavily investing to really try and convince Grealish that he’d be a fool to think about leaving.

We can just buy players and then have to lose them in a couple of seasons.

It will be Watkins next year if he is another really good season. Can’t wait.

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Good luck persuading the top 5 who have all the money and power to give that to lower clubs.

Stuff like that has to be implemented at the inception of a competition.

oh it would never happen, i know that

This reminds me a bit of Spurs after him a few seasons back and the media had all reported that he’d gone then he stayed… it seems strange that he’d entertain going now when we are in a much stronger position and potentially on the verge of breaking into the top 4/6. I just watched an interview between reporters on sky and they were talking about this. Jack to City is very likely they agreed on.. when asked about Kane to City they agreed it was very unlikely, even though Kane has publicly said that he wants to leave, because Spurs don’t have to sell….. what, and we do have to sell???

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Nope. Just shocked they committed to somehting so easily proved to be wrong. How to completely undermine your account

think that account was undermined when tommy jordan called out his BS a couple weeks back

Â