The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I’ll probably just wait and see what happens then if anything concrete surfaces we’ll deal with it then. Whatever happens we’re still Aston Villa and we’re by far the best team, the world has ever seen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think one of the worst things especially on social media is the other fans goading Villa fans. Talk of you’re a relegation club etc just sets our fans off. 

They bring it on themselves, a lot of our fans have been embarrassing themselves.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just can't picture Grealish playing for another English club at Villa Park. Against Aston Villa.

I don’t think Jack can either 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think one of the worst things especially on social media is the other fans goading Villa fans. Talk of you’re a relegation club etc just sets our fans off. 

Yep, its a microcosm of what happens on any contencious issue on social media. Adults (those that are) turn into children and somehow WW3 is on the horizon. 

42 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

My lord, don’t be so dramatic.

It’s not unwavering belief - there’s a chance he may go, but nothing outside of speculation has been reported to suggest Jack or Villa are keen.

If anything, it’s YOUR unwavering belief that we will be wishing him bon voyage.

I didnt think I was being particularly dramatic 😂. But fair play maybe I do need to be a bit more optimistic. 

7 hours ago, Enda said:

Not seeing the answer to my question there.

Look, I was a bit blunt in my first post (I’ve had a few glasses of bubbly) but the point is there. Jack’s a hell of a player but he will retire some day and will be past his best sometime sooner, maybe only 3-4 years from now. Club will need to move on. There’s a price that we should accept. Breaking the British transfer record sounds about right.

Well why should Man City have him at his best? He is our player, we nurtured him and he signed a 5 year deal last summer.

If they want him, and he wants to win “trophies” and “medals”, then they can wait until it’s on our terms and he is past his sell-by date…

Then he would be leaving under the Weimann-Merson-Albrighton-Carew rule or under the Mellberg rule and those are both amicable and respectful ways to leave the club and he wouldn’t suffer anywhere near as much backlash as he deserves to if he signs for Man City now and wants to try to relegate us in his prime

If he goes then I think the club have really messed this one up. Selling our star player is one thing, but selling him 2 weeks before the season starts is ridiculous. The club should have put a date on it and if nothing had happened by that date then Jack should have been made aware that he was staying.

15 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I read the ESR thread, I’m enjoying every second of this 😂

• Thanks 1

Him signing a new contract is something of a good marketing avenue for us, that’s my hope, that we already have it done - but playing it slow makes it look like a massive deal for us when it happens 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

If he goes then I think the club have really messed this one up. Selling our star player is one thing, but selling him 2 weeks before the season starts is ridiculous. The club should have put a date on it and if nothing had happened by that date then Jack should have been made aware that he was staying.

This! I’ve thought this all along.

Do you see Jack playing week in/week out at City? Not sure I do, despite what a great player he his. That City squad as such a collection of talent you need to be able to stand out against the likes of KDB etc. I do think Jack can do that but it will be a real challenge for him. Maybe that's what he's after, a fresh challenge. 

Whatever happens, rather we get it sorted quickly so we can focus on additions to the squad. 

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

but selling him 2 weeks before the season starts is ridiculous.

Buendia could arguably be seen as a like for like replacement.

You may disagree but in terms of chance creation he is not far off. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Do you see Jack playing week in/week out at City? Not sure I do, despite what a great player he his. That City squad as such a collection of talent you need to be able to stand out against the likes of KDB etc. I do think Jack can do that but it will be a real challenge for him. Maybe that's what he's after, a fresh challenge. 

Whatever happens, rather we get it sorted quickly so we can focus on additions to the squad. 

Hopefully we are approaching the end game now , not sure why villa would even contemplate selling him whatever his wishes are but I’m far from convinced city would prioritise grealish ahead of Kane . They need a striker far more . 

16 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Yep, its a microcosm of what happens on any contencious issue on social media. Adults (those that are) turn into children and somehow WW3 is on the horizon. 

Totally embarrassing isn't it, i maintain what i said yesterday if Sammy Lee called Ashley Preece and he was sending the same articles re Ward Prowse they would all be lapping it up but as they dont want to hear it they turn into Children

Fans beg for transfer info and when its shared they all call BS 

Bizarre

• Like 1

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

I think he goes and I think he goes very soon. Owners won't want it to drag on now. Onwards and upwards. Its pure profit from and FFP perspective and means we can really splash the cash. Attracting players may be the hard but but money talks.

Splash the cash on 3 quality players maybe but we will find clubs add a few million to the asking fee and pay through the nose . 

Â