The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Looking at the midfielder stats over the last few pages, there is no plausible reason why Jack doesn’t make the squad here? Disgraceful.

My only thought process to this now is that Southgate is carrying something over from his England U21’s period.  Did they have a spat or does he not like Jack’s persona etc? 

I’m not going to rubbish his selections but Harry Winks ahead of Grealish is laughable. 

Hope Jack has the season of his life with us.

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Looking at the midfielder stats over the last few pages, there is no plausible reason why Jack doesn’t make the squad here? Disgraceful.

My only thought process to this now is that Southgate is carrying something over from his England U21’s period.  Did they have a spat or does he not like Jack’s persona etc? 

I’m not going to rubbish his selections but Harry Winks ahead of Grealish is laughable. 

Whether it’s anything to do with his time with the U21s is one thing but Jack has matured whereas Southgate seems to be regressing/immaturing (if that is a word even).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Southgate isnt going to select Grealish for England..period.

43 minutes ago, rayk said:

How can the tweet posted a number of times on this thread not be real?

He includes @RobDorsettSky and @Skysports.

What more do you want?

Is there any evidence the guy who tweeted that is not making it up?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Southgate isnt going to select Grealish for England..period.

You’re right but it’s inexplicable unless there is something personal. And if it’s something personal then it’s unprofessional.

To make Jack jump through all those hoops publicly and then to pick Kalvin Phillips AND Harry Maguire Is ridiculous.

In fact, why didn’t he delay announcing the squad before the Maguire judgement from the Greek courts?

Its so painfully unprofessional it’s untrue.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 3

Just now, LondonLax said:

Is there any evidence the guy who tweeted that is not making it up?

Lol......that sounds something suspiciously like RayK would say. Are you sure you’re not him? 😂

If this doesn't motivate us for this season then nothing will, god help Sheffield in that first game, Jack really has got something to prove to Southgate.

As for Southgate,  he was never going to be good enough to win anything. Compete and be nice maybe but when it comes to the crunch he isn't good enough .  

We are going to struggle against Iceland and Denmark and it may well be that he's not in  charge for the Euro's. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Lol......that sounds something suspiciously like RayK would say. Are you sure you’re not him? 😂

I am not sure what you are on about. I was wondering if there is any evidence Southgate told reporters not to ask about Grealish.

It seems that guys tweet is the only place the idea is mentioned so it sounds like it is someone on twitter making things up.

34 minutes ago, rayk said:

How could anyone on here have actually heard it? Lol. It was said BEFORE the Southgate press conference began.

And I don’t get wound up over the slightest thing but when I apparently have a ‘name’ already on here I do pick up on the irony.

I mean can you imagine if I’d popped up and said “where’s the proof”.

And you’re also missing the bigger picture which is WTF did Southgate not pick him, not “is the tweet real”.....

The Simpsons - Hey Fun Boys, Get a Room! on Make a GIF

1 minute ago, tinker said:

If this doesn't motivate us for this season then nothing will, god help Sheffield in that first game, Jack really has got something to prove to Southgate.

As for Southgate,  he was never going to be good enough to win anything. Compete and be nice maybe but when it comes to the crunch he isn't good enough .  

We are going to struggle against Iceland and Denmark and it may well be that he's not in  charge for the Euro's. 

England wont struggle against those teams the England squad players are too good. Its when England will come up against a team with some genuine talent that Southgate will be found out again. But he will never be asked the question "why did you leave your best midfielder back at home?"

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I am not sure what you are on about. I was wondering if there is any evidence Southgate told reporters not to ask about Grealish.

It seems that guys tweet is the only place the idea is mentioned so it sounds like it is someone on twitter making things up.

Hang on, the icing on the cake is that tweet.

But the whole freaking cake is Southgate not picking Jack after all he’s said (and also picking Maguire and Phillips).

I mean FFS Maguire is the captain of England, role model etc. What sort of message does that send?

• Like 1

Just now, rayk said:

Hang on, the icing on the cake is that tweet.

But the whole freaking cake is Southgate not picking Jack after all he’s said (and also picking Maguire and Phillips).

I mean FFS Maguire is the captain of England, role model etc. What sort of message does that send?

I was interested in finding out more about this idea of Southgate not wanting to be questioned but it sounds like it was just Twitter talk and not true. Hopefully that means he will be asked about it at some point in the coming days and we can find out his thinking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

England wont struggle against those teams the England squad players are too good. Its when England will come up against a team with some genuine talent that Southgate will be found out again. But he will never be asked the question "why did you leave your best midfielder back at home?"

Iceland probably not as their time has passed I think. Denmark however are well organised, boring as hell, and have some players that can hurt you and can spring a surprise.

• Like 1

Â