The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I did say I'd read an article a while ago not that I'd read one since Rice got called up. 

There's clearly a reason Southgate isn't picking Grealish and it's one that he's not willing to make public, he's a shit bloke, he could easily have him in the squad and not select him so he's making a statement by not picking him. I imagine Grealish, Villa and other England players know what that statement is. 

Fixed this one for you fella

• Like 1

Even if It can or can't happen (I don't know) he's never going to re declare for Ireland now, it would be a terrible look for him no matter how many times Southgate takes the piss. 

I do agree though that he would've been better staying put with Ireland though instead of this absolute farce of an England setup. He'd have god knows how many caps for them by now and be the main man. Shame really. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Even if It can or can't happen (I don't know) he's never going to re declare for Ireland now, it would be a terrible look for him no matter how many times Southgate takes the piss. 

I do agree though that he would've been better staying put with Ireland though instead of this absolute farce of an England setup. He'd have god knows how many caps for them by now and be the main man. Shame really. 

To be fair to Jack, he backed himself and would have hardly known that he would have had to face up to the biggest sack of piss that has ever managed a national football side in not being selected for so long...

12 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Jack can be Southgate's plan B

No chance, plan B is *always*

1. Bring on all the strikers

2. Long balls over the top

3. ????

4. Disappointing exit and subsequent "root and branch review into why plans A and B failed and grassroots shakeup to copy the <insert tournament winning nation> method"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just heard a reporter on the radio saying they had spoken to Southgate about Grealish and the answer is he just doesn't fancy him for his current England philosophy.

They were also suggesting Grealish should look at playing for the Republic again.

What is Southgate’s England philosophy? To be unsuccessful?

What happens if, say Sterling, drops out through injury or contracting Covid at Usain Bolt’s party, and Grealish gets called up as a replacement? I hope he’d tell Southgate to **** off if he doesn’t think he’s good enough to be a first pick.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Did Jack do something wrong when playing for England u21s which Southgate is holding a grudge against?

He didn't have a great Lockdown, did he?

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Southgate really is a cockwomble isn’t he 

I don't think so. I like him. He's been a good England manager, too. I'd absolutely have Jack in the England squad, by the way. But not picking him doesn't render Southgate necessarily all the bad things he gets called or slated for.

23 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Taking my Villa cap off for a second, watching England is always incredibly predictable, we batter the weaker teams but struggle to break down any team with a bit of nous or an organised defensive system. England never have a plan B, every sub is like for like, just keep doing the same old thing over and over, and that is how it has always been.

Having the pace of Sterling and Sancho is great when teams come to play against you and play a high line, but it's less useful against a team that sits deep, what is our plan B? If I were Southgate I'd be using these two games against teams likely to sit deep against us to get a plan B in place, and that means trying out players like Grealish and Maddison who can unlock a defence. Instead he's picked the usual suspects and a bunch of defensive midfielders...

I just know the next tournament we'll come up against a decent organised team that knows how to sit deep, we'll struggle to break them down and we'll be screaming for something different from the bench and it won't be there, it will be sat at home like always. It's just incredibly short sighted.

Jack can be Southgate's plan B, damn it he's good enough to be his plan A, why on earth wont he even give him a try? What possible harm could it do?

I don't want to believe Southgate is petty enough for something personal to prevent him from picking a player that would improve the England team/squad, but it's very hard not to see it that way, I've yet to see a compelling reason to the contrary.

All this he doesn't fit the system nonsense, what happens when the system doesn't work? What happens then?

I'm mortified for the kid, he's done everything asked of him and more.

Can we have the version with your Villa cap on as well mate 

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

He didn't have a great Lockdown, did he?

Neither did Mount or Walker, Sterling was recently At a party where Usain Bolt has subsequently tested positive, England captain Maguire has just been arrested. Yes there is differing scales, but Jack shouldn’t be the only one punished. It seems more deep rooted, like Southgate has something against Jack.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just heard a reporter on the radio saying they had spoken to Southgate about Grealish and the answer is he just doesn't fancy him for his current England philosophy.

They were also suggesting Grealish should look at playing for the Republic again.

Whilst I have my conspiracy theory that Southgate is doing it to spite Villa, the other much more plausible reason is just that Southgate is a shit manager that doesn't know how to use creative players, see: Maddison, Mount (barely any game time) and Alli (been shit for England since he took over).

Â