The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd read an article a while back that basically just explained that Southgate is a huge endorser of the England set up from youth to the full team, and believes players should go through every level of the youth team and progress naturally into the main squad alongside others. Apparently he's got a real problem with Grealish deciding to go through the Irish youth system instead of the English one

Declan Rice says hello 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was out in Lichfield not long after Euro 96 with the family once and we spotted Southgate having a meal in a restaurant with 2 other footballers (I forget who). My cousin got their attention through the window and then imitated the penalty miss and subsequent tears. I hope he has had nightmares about that, the miss and being mocked by a child, every single day since. The utter prick.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did say I'd read an article a while ago not that I'd read one since Rice got called up. 

There's clearly a reason Southgate isn't picking Grealish and it's one that he's not willing to make public, he's not an idiot, he could easily have him in the squad and not select him so he's making a statement by not picking him. I imagine Grealish, Villa and other England players know what that statement is. 

• Like 2

I've got it. Bear with me here because this takes some roundabout thinking.

Southgate said before you need PL experience, fine Jack goes and has a top season in the PL. Southgate then announces Kalvin Phillips makes the squad - no PL experience thus proving that you don't need PL experience to get picked. Jack sees this as Southgate has got an issue with him and doesn't want to pick him and Jack comes to the realisation it doesn't matter if he moves to a bigger club therefore signs a lifetime contract with Villa thus achieving Southgate's long term goal of keeping Jack at Villa. As soon as Jack signs that contract Southgate will pick him for England. So come on Jack, you know what to do if you really want to play for England.

Alternatively come and play for Ireland. We'd appreciate you a lot more.

• Haha 2

Hope when he gets the call up he retires from international football. I don't really get why he wants it so bad, international football is shite.

I spent all my youth booing the likes of Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney etc when they came to Villa Park. Didn't really like any of them either, found it hard to support them in an England shirt so never did. England set up has always seemed rotten to me as well.

• Like 1

He really must regret not sticking with Ireland now.

In a weird way the international situation should serve as a warning to him as to what could happen at club level.

Stick with Villa/Ireland and become a legend or go somewhere else and get no game time...

• Like 2

Just heard a reporter on the radio saying they had spoken to Southgate about Grealish and the answer is he just doesn't fancy him for his current England philosophy.

They were also suggesting Grealish should look at playing for the Republic again.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

I hope the discussion went something like this:

Purslow: We want £80m

Manure: We'll give you £40m

Purslow: Price just went up to 85m

Manure: Okay, okay - £40m plus Sergio Romero

Purslow: Best I can do is £100m

Manure: 😠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, maqroll said:

I've resisted coming to this conclusion, but I've finally arrived at it- Gareth Southgate is an arsehole!

Why resist, let it flow.... he's Full of shite probably smells like it and is a toilet of a manager. 

1 minute ago, dubliner said:

He really must regret not sticking with Ireland now.

In a weird way the international situation should serve as a warning to him as to what could happen at club level.

Stick with Villa/Ireland and become a legend or go somewhere else and get no game time...

I don't disagree with you at all my friend...

However Grealish is an unbelievable talent who probably should be playing regularly for England.

As an Englishman myself I think it'd be great if Grealish decided to play for the Republic*

My Nan is from Cork.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Hope when he gets the call up he retires from international football. I don't really get why he wants it so bad, international football is shite.

I spent all my youth booing the likes of Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney etc when they came to Villa Park. Didn't really like any of them either, found it hard to support them in an England shirt so never did. England set up has always seemed rotten to me as well.

I went to England v Scotland at Wembley in Euro 96.

I found myself surrounded by Laaaaaaaaaandaners signing Teddy Sheringhams name.  I found it quite bizarre and couldn't bring myself to join in.

I've heard that Celtic and Rangers fans still give the other sides players stick when playing for Scotch Land.

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Taking my Villa cap off for a second, watching England is always incredibly predictable, we batter the weaker teams but struggle to break down any team with a bit of nous or an organised defensive system. England never have a plan B, every sub is like for like, just keep doing the same old thing over and over, and that is how it has always been.

Having the pace of Sterling and Sancho is great when teams come to play against you and play a high line, but it's less useful against a team that sits deep, what is our plan B? If I were Southgate I'd be using these two games against teams likely to sit deep against us to get a plan B in place, and that means trying out players like Grealish and Maddison who can unlock a defence. Instead he's picked the usual suspects and a bunch of defensive midfielders...

I just know the next tournament we'll come up against a decent organised team that knows how to sit deep, we'll struggle to break them down and we'll be screaming for something different from the bench and it won't be there, it will be sat at home like always. It's just incredibly short sighted.

Jack can be Southgate's plan B, damn it he's good enough to be his plan A, why on earth wont he even give him a try? What possible harm could it do?

I don't want to believe Southgate is petty enough for something personal to prevent him from picking a player that would improve the England team/squad, but it's very hard not to see it that way, I've yet to see a compelling reason to the contrary.

All this he doesn't fit the system nonsense, what happens when the system doesn't work? What happens then?

I'm mortified for the kid, he's done everything asked of him and more.

Excellent post and so true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't disagree with you at all my friend...

However Grealish is an unbelievable talent who probably should be playing regularly for England.

As an Englishman myself I think it'd be great if Grealish decided to play for the Republic*

My Nan is from Cork.

we all came from a co...... oops.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just heard a reporter on the radio saying they had spoken to Southgate about Grealish and the answer is he just doesn't fancy him for his current England philosophy.

They were also suggesting Grealish should look at playing for the Republic again.

Yes, Southgate's philosophy is a team of Ashley Westwood's camp in our own box and get pummeled. Living off an easy run to the semis and getting an absolute bashing off Croatia, which sums up his whole philosophy. Bloke is an absolute melt.

Sven MK 2

My only thinking here is Southgate doesn’t like him, as a person or as the type of player he is. Needs to grow a pair of balls and say that instead of all these excuses like he needs PL experience. Also Doesn’t dispute the fact the squad he has picked is one of the worst I’ve seen. No left back, bang average defence and midfield.

Go back to Ireland, lad (if they’d have you)

Â