The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That's my fear. It would hurt a lot seeing him sign for someone else

If we don’t go up this season, I don’t think he’ll leave.

If the same happened next season... hmmmmm.

Hopefully, neither of these situations arise anyway ;) 

Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, RDM and Bruce. 

He is 22 and, on average, has played under a new manager every year since he made his debut for us. I said the same a while back - that will impact a young player negatively. 

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

Sobered up and watched the highlights, Grealish is unique. Him and Hourihane are a great little tag team. Since his return he's been consistent and effective with space or without space. It's really exciting having a player like that in the team, we will always be a threat in this league. 

Without doubt his return has coincided exactly with not only an upturn in results but more importantly an upturn in performances. When we win its fully deserved and no longer feels like we did just enough to get away with it. 

He takes games by the scruff of the neck for us and it's an absolute pleasure to watch him play right now. 

It's been some time since we have had a player where you can physically sense the excitement in the crowd when he gets the ball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

If we don’t go up this season, I don’t think he’ll leave.

If the same happened next season... hmmmmm.

Hopefully, neither of these situations arise anyway ;) 

If we don't go up this season, our better players will leave.

• Like 1

He was played in different positions, because the manager wanted him in the side, but his attributes were limited and it was causing problems to the balance of the team.

In other words he hadn't fully developed in to a complete enough player.

Steve Bruce maintained he wanted to build his team around him, i think he was talking from a stand point of what he seen jack could be.

Jack has come back from a nasty injury, in the meantime has been working with ollie the coach on one on one strength enhancing training.....its clear, he is now harder to knock off the ball, much more resillient.

He left us in the summer as a boy and returned to us as a man.

This guy, can go a long long way in this game, hope its with us.

Legend in the making......its not beyond him......just needs to add goals and keep working on his game.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Without doubt his return has coincided exactly with not only an upturn in results but more importantly an upturn in performances. When we win its fully deserved and no longer feels like we did just enough to get away with it. 

He takes games by the scruff of the neck for us and it's an absolute pleasure to watch him play right now. 

It's been some time since we have had a player where you can physically sense the excitement in the crowd when he gets the ball. 

His ability to move the ball with control unhinges the opposition and gives our players that fraction more time to get positioned.

players around him look more composed.

some of his passes are weighted to perfection, not always seen at this level.

He has raised our standard a few notches.....long may it continue.

need to keep him injury free.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dick said:

Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, RDM and Bruce. 

He is 22 and, on average, has played under a new manager every year since he made his debut for us. I said the same a while back - that will impact a young player negatively. 

Also don't forget the attacking style guru that is Eric Black. I've said it before but the turmoil at AVFC has sadly held back Jack's development. However under this coaching team he seems to now be turning into the player we all hope he can be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Also don't forget the attacking style guru that is Eric Black. I've said it before but the turmoil at AVFC has sadly held back Jack's development. However under this coaching team he seems to now be turning into the player we all hope he can be.

Let's hope he retains it once back in the premiership  

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Typo

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Looks a natural number 10 now, fingers crossed we're only seeing the start of his journey to becoming a great player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Looks a natural number 10 now, fingers crossed we're only seeing the start of his journey to becoming a great player.

Yes, it crossed my mind watching on Saturday that he was wearing Sids number and looking mighty fine in it. 

• Like 1

A truly sensational performance again. He has things to work on, he's still a little hesitant at times but if he was this player for the rest of his career he would go on to become a legend down The Villa. 

His assist yesterday was remarkable, as was the ghost across the box which he should have scored from. Similar to his 70 yard run against Bristol in that it looks a bit odd at first, the way everyone just stands off him trying to shepherd him to god knows where, but he leaves them with no option. They're fully aware that if they go in on the ball when Jack has a hold of it they're going to miss and give away a penalty, or worse. 

He is quite literally unplayable at times. There aren't many midfielders like this knocking around I assure you.

• Like 4

I can't believe we have a player like this that came from our academy. How many players in this league can give that through ball he gave to Adomah before that Hogan chance? Or even in the PL apart from the top 6? 

If he came through at Arsenal for example, the English media would be creaming themselves as they have been with Jack Wilshere for the past decade.

• Like 1

Â